To TaleWorlds

Users who are viewing this thread

We're talking about multiplayer not singleplayer. As stated before the bannerlord multiplayer represents roughly 5% of the population. I'm pretty sure no one here claims the singleplayer is bad, since this is the multiplayer part of the game, not singleplayer.

How much is 5% of 150k (much more bought it, but ok)? More than people active in Warband MP, that's for sure.

I don't think the multiplayer is bad at all, does it need improvement? Sure. Will community ran dedicated servers be great? Damn right. I don't think it's fair to say the multiplayer is bad. There's a lot of missing content for sure, but whenever I play multiplayer I enjoy it.
Agree with you. You can enjoy the multiplayer in its state nothing wrong fam.

How much is 5% of 150k (much more bought it, but ok)? More than people active in Warband MP, that's for sure.
Why are you so toxic? I don't care about warband i don't know what's wrong with you dude. If warband dies i would give no damn about it. You just trying to bait another fight

I believe it's important that somebody speak up around here. Despite the constant all-capsing of a few very upset and entitled MEMEMEs, everyone I have spoken to IRL and through Discord LOVES Bannerlord. We all know the obvious, this is EA, some features are missing. Custom servers would be nice, possibly a hardcore mode with team damage if full custom is not available, etc.

Anyway, I've seen the constant screaming about MP, almost always accompanied by "NO ONE WANTS THIS" and "THE MAJORITY" . I think it's important that you know that everyone I have spoken to outside of this forum do not behave or think like the few who constantly scream and swear and make demands here. It appears to me that the vast majority of players are having a great time with what is on offer, and wish to see more of it. 100,000+ concurrent players, and 20 of them come here and insist that they are the majority and should be allowed to personally instruct the Dev team.

The combat in Bannerlord has a satisfying weight to it that Warband could not offer. It simply FEELS great. There is nothing quite like the satisfying connection between blade and skull. Excellent.

The new class system, excellent choice! Freedom of selection in the Warband system is an illusion as far as optimization is concerned. No matter how many options are available, there will always be a fastest two hander, a strongest shield, a largest quiver. Organizing these EXACT SAME THINGS into a class system does not limit real choice, but instead offers the same choice in a format that is easier to understand on the fly and is also easier to balance on your end. Reading the stats of 7 shields is not necessary if the end choice is always the biggest, or the strongest. You've allowed me to choose exactly that and much quicker. Now I actually play different loadouts. Very good choice, and most people seem to enjoy it, even if those people don't all come to this forum everyday to say so.

I can't speak for everyone, I can only say that everyone that I personally know, from the guy who introduced Mount and Blade to me more than a decade ago, to my friend who had never heard of it until a week before EA, LOVES the multiplayer. Please don't make big sweeping changes at the behest of the angry minority.

Sincerely,
A Longtime Fan
I am on the side of those who disagree with you.

Wonderful post, I'm glad some community members are appreciating the game and the developers for their hard work. I am part of a "minority" that would like to see some changes in regards to some mechanics of combat and way things work, but it doesn't mean I am angry at anyone or that I will start thinking less of people for having a different opinion, I don't think anyone is that immature or toxic, and if they are, we'd probably be better off without them.

The combat in Bannerlord has a satisfying weight to it that Warband could not offer. It simply FEELS great. There is nothing quite like the satisfying connection between blade and skull.

This is, however, where I both agree and disagree. I like the combat in Bannerlord. I'm sure there's loads who also do, but I'm also positive that some of these people don't have much interest in how this could be better. I think the majority of people appreciate combat for what it is because they have not yet experienced the actual issues with it or they have not seen better alternatives. And while these issues may not be major objectively or even in the eyes of others, some of us believe the mechanics could be improved to provide a smoother and more balanced gameplay. Could we be wrong? Absolutely. But, could we be right? Because if we are, it might improve these mechanics and features and provide a better game for everyone. I think it's worth a shot.

Why are you so toxic? I don't care about warband i don't know what's wrong with you dude. If warband dies i would give no damn about it. You just trying to bait another fight

Lol you began with "5%" of this and that. Not my fault if you put up arguments that don't help your case. Me and toxic? Where's the toxicity lol. And that would also only hold if everyone just acted as if you didn't demean and ridicule each and every post I did in the 2 other threads we're just done with.

Lol you began with "5%" of this and that. Not my fault if you put up arguments that don't help your case. Me and toxic? Where's the toxicity lol. And that would also only hold if everyone just acted as if you didn't demean and ridicule each and every post I did in the 2 other threads we're just done with.
Again, stop being so hostile? I didn't even attack you..

I was saying that the reviews on steam were unrepresentative since the singleplayer is so much bigger, we can not get precise data about the multiplayer reviews.

I'm extremely happy with Bannerlord - it's the sequel I waited for.

A big however though - there is still work to be done. The class system will always be controversial but as they are keeping it (which I agree they should) then it still needs alot of work. In addition there are certainly combat tweaks I would appreciate - reliable chambering comes to mind among others.

Still a great game so far!

This is a different thread. If you can't put away past differences and always have to bring the toxicity in another thread and not be unbiased i can not help you.

Agreed, let's do that. Hey, here's an idea: let's not be hostile in ANY thread from now. Let's quietly and calmly discuss the objective issues at hand and accept that we agree to disagree as the mod recently suggested.

Agreed, let's do that. Hey, here's an idea: let's not be hostile in ANY thread from now. Let's quietly and calmly discuss the objective issues at hand and accept that we agree to disagree as the mod recently suggested.
That's what i have been doing but you seemed to have an issue with it.

Both of our opinions are just opinions. Both of us can not review the game without bias since we are both biased in some way. No matter on what.

I'll sum it up.

Singleplayer is great, Mount and Blade is a good game for sure, it deserves positive ratings, looks good, fun to play and if you don't care about multiplayer you'll be fine for sure, there will be mods, more content,...

On the other hand though, multiplayer is fun for a while for sure, but the people who know what they're talking about ( the competitive community mostly ) and who mastered the core aspects of the combat system which are the same as Warband in the end, are finding plenty of little issues regarding combat and balance, the lack of game modes and dedicated servers,... and those problems have to be addressed in order to considerably improve the experience and responsitivity of the game for everybody whether they are casual or competitive players. Also, the best students of the combat system and its responsitivity are the multiplayer players whether you like it or not, listening to their feedbacks could also considerably improve combat for the singleplayer community.

We'll give the developpers time, it's early access we get that, we just hope that they are not ignoring us.

I'll sum it up.

Singleplayer is great, Mount and Blade is a good game for sure, it deserves positive ratings, looks good, fun to play and if you don't care about multiplayer you'll be fine for sure, there will be mods, more content,...

On the other hand though, multiplayer is fun for a while for sure, but the people who know what they're talking about ( the competitive community mostly ) and who mastered the core aspects of the combat system which are the same as Warband in the end, are finding plenty of little issues regarding combat and balance, the lack of game modes and dedicated servers,... and those problems have to be addressed in order to considerably improve the experience and responsitivity of the game for everybody whether they are casual or competitive players.

We'll give the developpers time, it's early access we get that, we just hope they are not ignoring us.

Not a very good summary, you forget all the words of praise the OP ushered also from his friends and how some people just seem to enjoy it, unrelated to the time played. And how multiple people agreed with him.

I'll sum it up.

On the other hand though, multiplayer is fun for a while for sure, but the people who know what they're talking about ( the competitive community mostly ) and who mastered the core aspects of the combat system which are the same as Warband in the end, are finding plenty of little issues regarding combat and balance, the lack of game modes and dedicated servers,... and those problems have to be addressed in order to considerably improve the experience and responsitivity of the game for everybody whether they are casual or competitive players.

We'll give the developpers time, it's early access we get that, we just hope they are not ignoring us.
+1, OP makes it sound like we hate everything about MP and anything other than praise is disparaging the game as a whole. We just want to see Bannerlord be the best it can be. Doing so by providing our countless hours knitpicking every single aspect of how these systems worked together on a macro and micro scale through our experience and what the results were in the short and long term on all levels of experience; from casual to competitive. Some people just can't take criticism like OP, and feel obliged to pull the #leavebritneyalone.

+1, OP makes it sound like we hate everything about MP and anything other than praise is disparaging the game as a whole. We just want to see Bannerlord be the best it can be. Doing so by providing our countless hours knitpicking every single aspect of how these systems worked together on a macro and micro scale through our experience and what the results were in the short and long term on all levels of experience. Some people just can't take criticism like OP, and need to pull the #leavebritneyalone.

Well, that's all nice and dandy. But that doesn't account for the language being often used here "broken" "crap" and the like. If one or the other would very occasionally politely mention something about some kind of alternative to the class system that would be another thing. That language doesn't do Bannerlord the honor it dearly deserves.

Well, that's all nice and dandy. But that doesn't account for the language being often used here "broken" "crap" and the like. If one or the other would occasionally mention something about some kind of alternative to the class system that would be another thing. That language doesn't do Bannerlord the honor it dearly deserves.
There have been countless constructive well-formed suggestion threads and commentary regarding it all, even long before the beta/alpha. After taleworlds says nothing for months/years on-end and refuses to even entertain the conversation or even offer a statement of intentions, of course people will eventually resort to bashing it more over time.

There have been countless constructive well-formed suggestion threads and commentary regarding it all, even long before the beta/alpha. After taleworlds says nothing for months/years on-end and refuses to even entertain the conversation or even offer a statement of intentions, of course people will eventually resort to bashing it more over time.

I don't understand the placement of the term "of course" in your sentence and what - if you're just not gonna get what you want you think it's legitimate to simply go beserk? What kind of communication and behaviour is that? Really baffling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom