TO TALEWORLDS: What happened to the concept of recruiting vassals?

Users who are viewing this thread

19Molnija85

Regular
First sorry for my poor English.

What happened to the concept of recruiting vassals? I am old MaB fan (over 1000hr on Warband, over 600hr on Bannerlord), but latest patches they make the game an almost unplayable arcade based only on extreme money-seeking. The price of vassals was extremely high even on the day the game was released! But now?! The price of a single clan of 4 tier (who have poor wealth and own one castle) to be over a million is sick. Moreover, the relationship of the player with the given vassal is not taken into account at all, but not at all. This policy only forces the player to wage wars so that he can afford a single clan in 400 game days. Instead of TW reducing the prices of clans, it will increase them several times. Settle this usury, by being able to make a wanderer a vassal is pathetic ...

(googletranslate) I've been in the game for over 500 days, there are a maximum of two clans in Calradia that have 0 fiefs, all other clans have fiefs ... in 500 days I have about 350K denars ... progress10% compared to the last game 4 months ago, when I had within 500 days about 10 vassals and controlled a half of calradia.

Last edited:
Yes due to the anti-snowballing behavior/voting the amount of fief less clans is pretty low unless the player has done a lot of taking the fiefs away with siege or very heavy lifting as vassal. I gave you some good advice in your other topic. I do agree though that it seems something left out so far, that clans don't ever seek you out and it's unclear if they will have a falling out with their king and leave. Even if they leave they go to another faction, not becoming neutral or going to ask the play kingdom for vassalage.

Yes due to the anti-snowballing behavior/voting the amount of fief less clans is pretty low unless the player has done a lot of taking the fiefs away with siege or very heavy lifting as vassal. I gave you some good advice in your other topic. I do agree though that it seems something left out so far, that clans don't ever seek you out and it's unclear if they will have a falling out with their king and leave. Even if they leave they go to another faction, not becoming neutral or going to ask the play kingdom for vassalage.
Yes, I see it, thank you so much for you time...

In my current game. Right before leaving to start my own faction I simply managed to votekick 3 clan. That is probably the easiest way to create some landless clans you can pick up:smile:

Currently on my game in patch 1.6.5 i haven't been able to recruit anyone who already has some fief under their rule. I could get only landless clans and even then some of them present issues when doing the charisma minigame. I'm removing khuzaits off the map and they only have left like 3 fiefs. The khan has none under his rule as he probably gifted them to some clans just to keep them in his kingdom. But the price didn't seem too steep. Granted that i only smith some swords just for that, swords that are of value of around 50k and depends, some are coopted with just two while others need more, i think the most was about 10 swords, but that was in the beginning when i had barely started the kingdom and i had little support or influence.

Back
Top Bottom