To Taleworlds - Sturgian Otroki - realy? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

19Molnija85

Regular
Hello taleworld,

please rename Sturgian Otroki. Sturgians represent old-slavic nations. Otroki (Otrok) means in slavic language slave! :smile: I doubt, that he would become a elite knight on horse. Please rename Sturgian Otroki on Sturgian Boyar (Bojar), Sturgian Bohatir (Bohatier), Sturgian Belug (Páža)...it is slavic expression for aristocrat military assistent.

best regards
Molnija

@Susel, so I'm surprised - but in west slavic (czech, slovak) it is opposite meaning. How i say "Slave" in russia? In west-slavic slave is Otrok.

Southern Slavic languages also use the term "Rob".
And "Otrok" means child in Slovenian.

Czech and Slovak languages are probably the only ones using the word "Otrok" in that sense (meaning slave).

Last edited:
Child is the same word for slave in a neighboring language? I can see the confusion

Hmmm, word "Kokot" in my language (Slovak language) is very sensitive word (di*k) :grin: In Slovenia (warning: Slovak Republic and Slovenia Republic is not the same country) language is Kokot as cock (animal - chick).

Slavic languages are very difficult...

Last edited:
Probably yes ... I am surprised, I thought we took this word from the old Slavs.

There's a lot of intermixed meanings between the same words in Slavic languages from my experience.
I was surprised when I found out that Czech language uses a lot of words that were historically used in Croatian and are now deemed archaic, but that is most likely because Croatian language went through many reforms in the past 200 years.

There's a lot of intermixed meanings between the same words in Slavic languages from my experience.
I was surprised when I found out that Czech language uses a lot of words that were historically used in Croatian and are now deemed archaic, but that is most likely because Croatian language went through many reforms in the past 200 years.

Czech language (Slovak Language too - 1851) went through reforms in the past 200 years too. There was a large Croatian community in Slovakia, in Czech Republic not so much, so i am surprise too.

What words do you mean?

@Silver Wolf - if i traveler to croatia on holiday so you language I understand. You are from Croatia, I suppose?

What words do you mean?

Don't wanna get too off topic now, but since you've asked, my favourite example is "hladna pića".
Meaning cold beverages in Croatian, and something completely different in Czech. :ROFLMAO:

@Silver Wolf - if i traveler to croatia on holiday so you language I understand. You are from Croatia, I suppose?

Yep, but I've been working and studying in Czech Republic for the past 3.5 years.

@Silver Wolf

Yes "hladna pića" is perfect exemple. "Hladna" in croatian language mean "Cold" and "pića" is a drink. In Czech also Slovak language "Hladna" is "Hungry" a "Piča" is sensitive word for vagina.

Ok bro, let you like it here! "Piče" are here very, very nice!

Back
Top Bottom