To Taleworlds: A request for an official console

Would you, as a tester, like to have a console to help you debug?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't think it's necessary, but would help.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Would rather Taleworlds to use their resources on other things

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear Taleworld dev team,

As a freelance gamedev, experienced beta/alpha tester and Mount and Blade enthusiast I would first like to give you an example:

Taleworlds releases a patch to something that happens late-game, like "City owner's troop recruitment decreased by 20%".
It is my (self-imposed) duty to test all variations and possible exploits of this new update.
IE:
- Is it cheaper to buy horses and upgrade troops, or simply buy trained horsement from city?
- Does it apply if you have more than 1 city?
- What if you are a ruler?

Because of the nature of the update, i feel like a new save would be essential, so no past save data would "collide" with it.
Reaching end-game statuses like those required to test this new update would take dozens of hours of play to create the potential scenarios, before even starting to investigate them.

The console mod does not work anymore on the beta branch, not to mention I felt like it wasn't properly "linked" to the game, which makes my (again, self-imposed) job a lot harder to spot exploits and glitches to report them to you, to help you make the game better.

My request is simple, in my eyes, allow us to access some sort of official console.
I understand you do not wish your code to be explored too much because of intellectual property, but not having something like that creates a big hurdle for people like me, who was the first to publish (as far as i know) about the smithing exploit where you buy tools and weapons cheap from the market and sell back the disassembled materials for more money and recently posted about another glitch involving certain troops' "upgrade available" icon not showing up when missing the required materials (check my profile for more).

I am more than willing to help you make a better game and the more freedom and tools you allow people like me to have, the easier your job will be.

All together we can make something great, as long as we work together.

Thank you for your time,
Kind Regards,
SneakyDragon.

Actually it does. The shortcut has been changed to "ctrl+shift+~". It works fine for me with the latest beta patch.
Thank you for letting me know, i was a bit frustrated when i couldn't get it to work!
My point that it doesn't feel 100% connected to the game still stands, and having a tool like this officially supported would be great, in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom