To my fellow mount&bladers who are disappointed at TW atm, on TW's business mode

Users who are viewing this thread

giphy.gif
???

I do not agree with TW just care about combat while not much in RPG and sandbox experience. Almost every new features compared to Warband, are reflected in the campaign map and if TW would not care about RPG and sandbox experience, things like aging, death, kids (which are pretty complex and time consuming), etc would have not been added to the game.

For me it is pretty clear that devs have been trying to improve campaign experience as much as possible compared to Warband, and they just need extra time to make everything more immersive and balanced. I am not an expert with code and I have just worked in one pretty small project with python, and improving interface, dialogs (improving appearance) was the last thing I did after having cure functions working. Better scenes, better dialogs, better RPG options will be eventually added to the game, but I can understand why it is not the most prioritary thing currently.

I am just upset about devs breaking again which was fixed before and ruining SP balancing in order to improve other game modes.
I agree with what you've written. It doesn't make much sense for people to write about how TW isn't interested in making sandbox/rpg aspects. They clearly are interested since they're trying to implement this generational/clan gameplay, which in my opinion is much more complex than a simple relationship system between lords (although I'd love this too). I'm sure they're well aware of the overlap in playerbase between mount&blade and games like crusaderkings.

The real problem for me is the time aspect. They've said they think the game will only be in early access for one year. I hope they backflip on this and come out and say: it's ready when it's ready. I don't care how long it takes for them to develop this game into a gem like warband. As long as they're willing to put in the time and not **** something out in the next 3 months and call it quits, the game will turn out great.

Sadly at the moment mods are very complicated to install, each one's seems to need another different ones to work properly, Harmonys, mod managers, butter libs, dlls etc.
When the mods arrive at Steam workshop, with a simple way to install, there will be a future.

Therefore, the best strategy for players would be: stop asking and expecting TW to deliver a better RPG/sandbox/strategic/etc. experience and waiting for mods while accepting the fact that the M&B franchise will turn into even more action-based and fast-paced games. And it would only be a matter of time before the mods stop being free, either through adding a price tag themselves or being incorporated into the TW business system and thus increasing the price of the base games.

Unfortunately, this thread might be nothing new to especially the veteran players (a lot of us already realized it and either give up the hopes or refuse to accept). Nonetheless, if it can help some members of the community be less disappointed and angry, and lead a more comfortable life, I will be a very happy man. I used to be that guy who cares too much thus concerns too much, now that I realize and accept it, I still care but am having a much easier time.

I agree with your general perception of where the game is going. I absolutely disagree with the point you are trying to make. I don't really care or expect TW to deliver what they promised anymore. Expectations and trust work that way. But this doesn't mean we should give them a break. They promised multiple times in these long years of bannerlord development they would get the game to the next level. They didn't deliver. The combat is great, sure, but if they are just gonna focus on that, it should be very clear from their part they got less ambitious and decided to make a Chivalry/Mordhau clone.

The RPG and strategy elements are half assed, with multiple partially implemented features in the game that just seemed to get dropped sometime during development. It's got less content than any previous mount and blade.

The fact they rely on modders to do this work for free "because of their business model" doesn't make this situation better. It makes it tremendously worse! They amped up their game price and started selling it at full price in early access. Hire more people. Relying on modders doing work for free while they focus on their online medieval combat simulator, collecting some good money in the process, is a ****ty and shady business model.

I don't know what the inside situation on the company is, but it seems there's a lack of general direction, with conflicting decisions taken throughout the patches for this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some unhappy developers jumping out of the boat in a while.

Lastly, this a game. It's entertainment. As much as we love it, everyone should keep their priorities straight. You can be annoyed at the game, but still lead a calm life, avoiding early aneurysms :smile:

Just a question, aside from new scenes, better dialogues, criminal system, what are we missing from what TW promised to give us?

(Not trying to defend TW, just curious about what we could expect to get in the following months)

Just a question, aside from new scenes, better dialogues, criminal system, what are we missing from what TW promised to give us?

(Not trying to defend TW, just curious about what we could expect to get in the following months)
From the singleplayer plan - my comments will be in red for what is needed or complete. From my once over, it looks like we are still waiting on 90% of things they promised in the last official singleplayer "roadmap". Still lots to come.

Warriors of Calradia,

Today we will be sharing an update for some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

As a general note, stability and performance will continue to be a top priority for us. Beyond that, you will find some of our other goals listed below. Please note that this includes both broad and specific, as well as, shorter and longer term priorities.

Campaign
  • Kingdom & Politics
    • Rebellions - This will take some time but we are working on them. -needed
    • Granting/Relinquishing Fiefs -needed
    • Improvements to Kingdom Decisions -needed/upcoming 1.5.6(1.5.5 hotfix had a little)
  • Character System
    • We will continue to introduce missing or reworked perks for the remaining skills. Naturally, we will also fix bugged perks. -almost there
    • A child education feature that will allow players to shape their clan’s offspring before they come of age. -needed
    • An option to disable birth, death and aging. -needed (have but needed option to turn battle deaths off)
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing -needed
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests -gotten a few, more coming i believe
    • Further Improvements to the Issue Creation Algorithm -needed (some quests very rare)
  • Main Storyline Content
    • Conspiracy Progression Quests -needed
    • Scene Notifications -unsure but probably needed
  • Prisoner Recruitment Changes -needed (i think? or is the disciplinarian perk switch around?)
  • Lame Horse Feature & Other Item Modifier Changes -got it
  • The ability for players to break out prisoners from dungeons. -needed
  • Pillaging conquered towns & castles. -needed
  • Player Clan Party AI directives -needed
  • Crafting Improvements -needed
  • Simulation Health -needed(some with 1.5.5/1.5.6)
    • Adjusting Clan Tiers
    • Balancing Security and Loyalty
    • Improving the Auto-Resolution of Battles
    • Economy

Combat, Cameras, Animations & More
  • Improvements to the campaign map camera. -needed
  • Performance improvements and optimizations for combat. -needed
  • Combat AI improvements for agents and formations in field battles and sieges. -needed
  • Physics improvements and bug fixes. -needed
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle system. -needed
  • Multiple projectile support for some siege engines. -got it
  • Spear Bracing -needed
    • AI Implementation
  • Sally Out Mission Implementation -needed
  • Animation Improvements -needed
    • Baking balanced and unbalanced animations together.
    • New animations and poses for Education, cut-scenes and more.
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements -needed
  • Mounted Penalty -got siege debuff in 1.5.5
  • Sound Occlusion -unsure
  • New music for taverns. -unsure

UI/UX -needed
  • Performance Improvements
  • Modding Improvements
  • Crafting, Inventory and Party Screen Improvements
  • Launcher News, Battle Scoreboard, Combat Order UI and Tutorial Box Improvements
  • Gamepad usability improvements
Art -needed
  • Adding new scenes and improving existing ones.
  • Crafting pieces optimization.
  • Weapon scabbards improvements.
  • Additional new armor and costumes.
  • New tavern illustrations.

Engine -needed
  • Fixing crashes and bugs for the stable & beta versions.
  • Performance & smoother gameplay improvements.
    • Optimizations for low-end PCs (especially low memory and HDD users)
    • Terrain performance improvements for the World Map.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding tools bug fixes & improvements based on user feedback.
  • Modding tools documentation improvements.

Other -got some
  • Localization related work
  • Save Game Groups

Last edited:
From the singleplayer plan - my comments will be in red for what is needed or complete. From my once over, it looks like we are still waiting on 90% of things they promised in the last official singleplayer "roadmap". Still lots to come.

Warriors of Calradia,

Today we will be sharing an update for some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

As a general note, stability and performance will continue to be a top priority for us. Beyond that, you will find some of our other goals listed below. Please note that this includes both broad and specific, as well as, shorter and longer term priorities.

Campaign
  • Kingdom & Politics
    • Improvements to Kingdom Decisions -needed/upcoming 1.5.6(1.5.5 hotfix had a little)
  • Character System
    • We will continue to introduce missing or reworked perks for the remaining skills. Naturally, we will also fix bugged perks. -almost there
    • A child education feature that will allow players to shape their clan’s offspring before they come of age. -needed
    • An option to disable birth, death and aging. -needed (have but needed option to turn battle deaths off)
  • Issues and Quests
    • Further Improvements to the Issue Creation Algorithm -needed (some quests very rare)
  • Main Storyline Content
  • Prisoner Recruitment Changes -needed (i think? or is the disciplinarian perk switch around?)
    • Adjusting Clan Tiers
    • Economy

• Combat AI improvements for agents and formations in field battles and sieges. -needed
  • Spear Bracing -needed
    • AI Implementation
  • Mounted Penalty -needed

UI/UX -needed
  • Modding Improvements
  • Launcher News, Battle Scoreboard, Combat Order UI and Tutorial Box Improvements
Art -needed

Engine -needed
  • Replay Editor

Other -got some
  • Save Game Groups

Thanks mate. Mounted penalty has been already implemented in 1.5.5 I think.

On the other hand, I was mostly thinking about these things that are not included in this list and people are waiting for.

Thanks mate. Mounted penalty has been already implemented in 1.5.5 I think.

On the other hand, I was mostly thinking about these things that are not included in this list and people are waiting for.
Oh man lol :facepalm:, Alliances would probably be the biggest one that we don't have full confirmation for. Also separatism (faction splits, also not confirmed).

Last edited:

Warriors of Calradia,

Campaign
  • Kingdom & Politics
  • Character System
  • Issues and Quests
  • Main Storyline Content
    • Adjusting Clan Tiers
    • Economy

• Spear Bracing -needed
    • AI Implementation

UI/UX -needed
  • Modding Improvements
Art -needed

Engine -needed
  • Replay Editor

Other -got some
  • Save Game Groups
Maybe we should add improved Skillleveling? A Companion would rather die as reaching a 275 skill

Oh man lol :facepalm:, Alliances would probably be the biggest one that we don't have full confirmation for. Also separatism (faction splits).

But do you know if these things have been promised by TW? For example, alliances is something that players are asking for and maybe this feature gets added thanks to Mexxico, but maybe not.

I am just curious about people complaining a lot about lack content for Bannerlord but I am not really sure about what are they waiting for exactly.

But do you know if these things have been promised by TW? For example, alliances is something that players are asking for and maybe this feature gets added thanks to Mexxico, but maybe not.
Yeah no firm confirmation yet, mexxico told us armagan gave a semi thumbs up for alliances but I have a feeling it will depend on how balanced the world is after rebellions are implemented (same for seperatism except we have no official word on if its been discussed and rejected or put to the back of possibilities if needed like alliances). That's my understanding of what has been discussed on the forums, but this is from months ago so could very much be subject to change.

I am just curious about people complaining a lot about lack content for Bannerlord but I am not really sure about what are they waiting for exactly.
I'm confused as well, I guess they think none of those things are "content"? I think maybe their point is there isn't a public plan on what TW want to put in for stuff to liven up the world? They see barbers get added and assume this is all TW had in mind :roll:

This might be the most incidentally insulting thing the dev's have ever heard about their development in Bannerlord. Sure there's thread's like TW sucks, TW needs get their priorities in order, this game is bad etc... But this. This is so genuine. You genuinely believe Taleworld won't deliver anything close to what the playerbase wants, and that modders are the only way we're going to get an actual game. This is what rock-bottom looks like. Also, after playing the game with 10+ mods in 1.5.3 I completely agree.

Yeah no firm confirmation yet, mexxico told us armagan gave a semi-thumbs up for alliances but I have a feeling it will depend yon how balanced the world is after rebellions are implemented (same for seperatism except we have no official word on if its been discussed and rejected or put to the back of possibilities if needed like alliances). That's my understanding of what has been discussed on the forums, but this is from months ago so could very much be subject to change.

I'm confused as well, I guess they think none of those things are "content"? I think maybe their point is there isn't a public plan on what TW want to put in for stuff to liven up the world? They see barbers get added and assume this is all TW had in mind :roll:

This is the thing, aside from what we can read in the singleplayer plans thread (which we will probably get soon in the following 2-3 patches), we are just missing these things:

- Criminal system.
- Banners.
- Unique scenes.
- Diplomacy - Not initially planned and not confirmed yet.
- Some missing features from Warband which people just assume that should be added but we hago not confirmation about that.

Not sure if someone knows about more missing features.

(I am still pending to visit barbers for first time and check how they work :razz: )

Last edited:
I don't know if I'm alone at this but I got this feeling that mod making in Bannerlord is not at all easier or more intuitive than in warband. If TW indeed wants to focus on just creating a base game for modders and relying on external mod making they certainly didn't invest enought in creating the easiest possible interface and tool repertory. I would at least expect dedicated troop, kingdom and item editors, but even those seem to be left for modders to make. That scene editor is cool but we did allready have one in warband, I took for granted that Bannerlord would get one too. It's not enought.

ps: I know xml editing is not rocket science but I expected something in the lines of Bethesda creation kits for example.
ps2: I know it might be early to expect the full repertory of moding tools but I haven't seen any signs that they are planing on releasing more.

Warband wasn't exactly "easy to mod" either, most of the tools required to make a mod are third party applications. For instance if OpenBRF didn't exist, I can almost guarantee that hardly anyone would even bother making new models.

The difference is that modern games (i.e. post 2010 or so) are complicated and require a lot of technical knowledge to make assets for. This isn't a bad thing in itself, there are plenty of free resources for learning how to make assets and code for modern games, but if you're good enough at modelling or coding to mod a modern game, you might as well make your own game, or get a job in that field.

Back in 2008 any average joe could intuitively retexture something with no prior knowledge, hence why modders from that period are just weird nerdy kids or lonely boomers, but that isn't the case anymore and most modders are now actual 3d art students or coders who will probably go on to work for an indie company.

This is the thing, aside from what we can read in the singleplayer plans thread (which we will probably get soon in the following 2-3 patches), we are just missing these things:

- Criminal system.
- Banners.
- Unique scenes.
- Diplomacy - Not initially planned and not confirmed yet.
- Some missing features from Warband which people just assume that should be added but we hago not confirmation about that.

Not sure if someone knows about more missing features.

(I am still pending to visit barbers for first time and check how they work :razz: )
I just remembered this one but I guess it could fit under the broad spectrum of "improve kingdom decisions" but they are also working on an actual politics system that will allow us to influence kingdom decisions before they are made. I think that sums it up though.

There is already a design in the works related to this but it's early to talk about it(and not my place to talk about it since I'm not the one in charge of those changes). Our design team recognize this aspect of the decision making mechanic and working on a new design.

They understand that players feel powerless in situations where even though they have the influence/power to change decision outcomes, they have no way of doing it while the decision making is taking place. This can include swaying voters that are supporting other outcomes, or even lords who are "undecided". And since the player can do this, AI lords can also sway other lords too, depending on their influence in the kingdom.

This is my take on it and might change in the future but know that we're planning on changing some aspects of the decision making in kingdoms.

They cant even make banners for the field.I lost any hope.Modding will make this game worth it.I think we are kinda cheated.I remember statements in 2018 and 2019 gamesgom that the game is 95% finished.They got our money.They knew they will from all the hype.At this point they must have been 10 or so people working on it.They want to make the most out of the less possible.At this point for me the game is unplayable without 6/7 basic mods that add some mechanics.

Warriors of Calradia,

Campaign
  • Kingdom & Politics
  • Character System
  • Issues and Quests
  • Main Storyline Content
    • Adjusting Clan Tiers
    • Economy

• Spear Bracing -needed
    • AI Implementation

UI/UX -needed
  • Modding Improvements
Art -needed

Engine -needed
  • Replay Editor

Other -got some
  • Save Game Groups

Add another one to the list of promised things: full-blown modding tool that has live modding (similar to Detailed Character Creation, but fully integrated into the game and characters could be modded on the fly even in conversation windows). This was one of the features they actually gave previews of. There's actually quite a bit of stuff that was in previews and press showings of the game that were pulled from EA and still missing almost a year after release. (Gang warfare - we have a light version of that now which is a quest - using your companions to take over parts of a city, etc...)

Another thing that is needed is the game having some kind of longevity. I can't remember which dev it was, but one of them said "you guys are playing past 10 years?" That changed my perception of this game's development a lot. No wonder why the clans slowly go extinct after so long. And now a bandaid is they reproduce but kids born after the game start are bugged.

If alliances and defensive pacts are not in I would think that would be a travesty. It would mean they made a sequel and managed to not implement the most common feature in many mods. Family dynasty and smithy are the only big features in the entire game aside from better graphics/battle upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom