To much retards = Not enough admins

Users who are viewing this thread

Gorlock

Knight at Arms
Well, guess im done with the mod for now, tired of instantly being shot at, with no words. No admins seem to be on ever, or they are useless. I am told to halt, they say nothing else, shoot/stab me and I get one shotted, they take my horse = profit. Guns for a mod like this do not work out well, guess its back to Persistent World.

Gorlock said:
Well, guess im done with the mod for now, tired of instantly being shot at, with no words. No admins seem to be on ever, or they are useless. I am told to halt, they say nothing else, shoot/stab me and I get one shotted, they take my horse = profit. Guns for a mod like this do not work out well, guess its back to Persistent World.

Have fun Roleplaying son! Don't forget your sippy cup and bottle!

• Should have hired guards mate. Rove's Regiment would've protected you. Just sign the contract below.

• You agree to pay 1,000 gold coins for protection from any and all threats. You agree on the following:
      • You will pay in full
      • You will not terminate the contract early
      • You may buy out your contract
      You give us your whole soul, 1,000,000 gold, and your first born child

Sign here,

----------

Seems fair no?

First, who cares for RP, its fun at times, but then there is "playing the game".

Second, no need for gaurds, when you get randomed, then its already to late.

Third, agreed.

Knüppel said:
Plain wrong statement.

Too much retards, too much admin interference fits more.

If someone calls an admin then we interfere we don't know mostly what the complaints are about because most people make false or bad written complaints. And then actually cry that we don't do anything.

If you are getting killed by bandits, then there is nothing you can do, but if you are getting killed by faction members, check if you are at war. If you are not at war, tell your leader or ask some soldiers from your faction to protect you.

GoldenEagle said:
If you are getting killed by bandits, then there is nothing you can do, but if you are getting killed by faction members, check if you are at war. If you are not at war, tell your leader or ask some soldiers from your faction to protect you.

Right: The lord can outlaw the player who's TKing you. The player will then be attacked on spot. 

I was Highwaymen for the first time ever yesterday on New Spain (trained as it, of course, not a teamkiller unless it's needed). I had a party of 5 or 6 people, and then suddenly some guy who was outlawed for teamkilling spawns in the cave where we just celebrate our bounty and arm up for the next rraid.

He buys a gun, shoots one of us, so he died 10 times the next 4 minutes since he kept attacking but we was prepared :lol:

Make sure you join a faction, because being an immigrant means everyone will pick on you or take advantage of you, though colonist isn't much better

I dont understand most of what you are saying, never said I was an outlaw, never said I was an immigrant. Its like no matter where I go, people just don't talk, they just shoot at you. Some french guy told me to stop on my horse, I did and asked why, he just stabs me with bayonette and I instantly die by it. Even if I was a bandit, the rules say bandits are not KOS but I always go to a fort, and ask for directions, and as I am typing they just shoot me. The "main" problem is people act on their own, and do not know the rules or who they are at war with. Its a shame because the mod has so much potential but it is hard to love a game when this happens. I just can no longer see the fun in having guns in a PW type mod.

Mustang678 said:
Make sure you join a faction, because being an immigrant means everyone will pick on you or take advantage of you, though colonist isn't much better
Sure about that? Colony faction is not necessarily weak. Depends on the level of organization.
081D019E68320F63711D7A94FB631F19A688ACE6
Watch for the faction player count in the upper right corner of the window.
Needless to say I was commanding this :cool:

edit: screenshot working now.

Also I agree on the first part, staying immigrant is almost certain doom unless you have a clever plan to come trough.

The combination of guns and global chat (lack of) do see to be a toxic combination to some people.

I was an indian just standing there yesterday and a brit (we were not at war) just walked up and pointed a gun at me. I asked why and he just shot me.

I called an admin who spoke to him and he said I attacked him first (classic).

Anyway, this kind of thing isnt very unusual. It feels like whenever you stand still you become a target to certain people who know they will get away with it.

Its simply much easier to be a **** in this version of the mod due to firearms. In PW you would at least get a chance to respond, escape, etc. I guess this is just somethng we have to adjust to. On the plus side, dying is much less of a big deal in PF.

Well, the biggest problem are randomers. Today, this evening, it was just chaos. Half of the faction mates were trolls or randomers. Immigrants were just randomers. And the Admins were just busy, because randoming was everywhere.

Knüppel said:
Mustang678 said:
Sure about that? Colony faction is not necessarily weak. Depends on the level of organization.
081D019E68320F63711D7A94FB631F19A688ACE6
Watch for the faction player count in the upper right corner of the window.
Needless to say I was commanding this :cool:

edit: screenshot working now.

Also I agree on the first part, staying immigrant is almost certain doom unless you have a clever plan to come trough.
There are special circumstances where the colonists have strong leadership and a good militia but usually there's little cooperation between colonists. Might've just been my experience though

It is an issue of providing people something to do in game. Right now, getting some gear isn't hard and you really don't want to carry much gold (drop rates are high and there is no bank).

Hence you have a bunch of bored guys with insta-kill weapons roaming around.

Surprised you get randoming?

That's why I was suggesting more organized concepts for maps. This can be dealt with, but mappers need to change a bit the mindset.

Back
Top Bottom