To many whining kids

Users who are viewing this thread

I used to be a game developer and I would agree that constructive critism is definitely useful and helps with forward development however non-constructive criticism and blatant rants that are meant to disparage the work put into this project is actually more demotivating than it is motivating.

They know that it's buggy, they want bugs to be reported, but threads like "This is so disappointing, 8 years and this is all we get?" and "Refunding the game was the best decision I made" is not constructive criticism. It takes a really strong and passionate team to be able to keep up with consistent updates when constantly being berated.

The whole idea of "no negativity, only positive vibes" is for weaklings who cannot take the heat.

Taleworlds is a business, the first month of release for any game is always going to be the most profitable. I don't believe that at it's current state it's worth $50 either (since the game has many bugs and my save game actually corrupted) with that said, Early Access is an early investment into an unfinished product. I do believe that once the game is finished that it will be worth the $50, but asking them to charge less is outrageous. That's like going into a restaurant and after eating their meal complaining that it sucks, asking for your money back, telling them that it would be good if they lowered the prices, and then leaving a 1 star review on Yelp even after dining for free. Does it happen all the time? Sure. But that kind of criticism is more damaging than helpful.​

Except you are NOT dining for free and what you got never saw the inside of an oven.​

The whole idea of "no negativity, only positive vibes" is for weaklings who cannot take the heat.
Yeah buddy, if you're developing a videogame you better be ready to ****ing war because this is how it is in the Taleworlds Forums, we're all tough muscled up guys with big large beards and we do not doubt our sexuality either no sir, if we're going to comment they better be prepared for us because we punch strong with our rough words in an internet forum for a game, so if you're weak enough to treat people "nice" you better back up, because be damn sure we the big viking MEN are taking over. Want forumites? We are the REAL ROUGH forumites

I am certain that the game in its finished state will be great. Its should also be noted that they are improving and putting out fixes almost daily. When you buy an early access game you know that your buying a yet incomplete game, i accepted that. I am glad that this hasn't been an EA-style money ripoff.

Remember when Electronic Arts charged 60 dollars for a half baked game full of glitches and just left over with the money and made a sequel of that title charging 60 dollars and you also had to pay 30 dollars to play online those half baked features and got away with it? Yeah lets better insult an indie developer with no publisher for charging 50 dollars to pay wages they clearly deserve all the MANLY INTERNET HEAT.
being nice and cooperating with the developers? Please dont be such a weakling, brb gotta send a death threat to a random gay person I've discussed with on twitter, I'm clearly the rational one here

i can actually understand people waiting for 10 years (not 8, when they've announced Bannerlord, it was already 2 years in developement). A lot of features that were in Warband are now switched off and way too many people have CTD's and/or just conctantly crashing. I've paid almost 40 quid for it and I think I've paid too much. I will wait until it will be a full game because I enjoy Mount & Blade but there is nothing wrong with people whining. And you being rude against those people while claiming they are rude towards developers, reeks of hipocrisy

Remember when Electronic Arts charged 60 dollars for a half baked game full of glitches and just left over with the money and made a sequel of that title charging 60 dollars and you also had to pay 30 dollars to play online those half baked features and got away with it? Yeah lets better insult an indie developer with no publisher for charging 50 dollars to pay wages they clearly deserve it more
they are being financed by Turkish government tho, it's not like Pathfinder: Kingmaker situation where they had to release half broken game or else they would go down. TW is in a diferent position mate.

Remember when Electronic Arts charged 60 dollars for a half baked game full of glitches and just left over with the money and made a sequel of that title charging 60 dollars and you also had to pay 30 dollars to play online those half baked features and got away with it? Yeah lets better insult an indie developer with no publisher for charging 50 dollars to pay wages they clearly deserve it more

EA is one of the worst most exploitative companies in the entire world, so using them as a litmus to justify bannerlord's exploitative release is like saying "I'm not as bad as hitler".

No company "deserves" your money, no matter how much you like their games. It's a company, not a person. It's not your job to keep them afloat.

Hey guys, name me three games which were extremely buggy in early access but released with even the majority of those bugs fixed.

Early access or not, the initial release is almost always more or less how the final game turns out. The reason so many people are so frustrated is that this was, statistically speaking, their last chance to fix things.

Divinity Original Sin 2. I was personally a part of the Early Access and we had a _lot_ of criticisms and a lot of bugs to report. Most of the bugs are now fixed, the game balance is still pretty damn good (even though many of our balance criticisms were never addressed) and it's a popular, successful game.

Yeah buddy, if you're developing a videogame you better be ready to ****ing war because this is how it is in the Taleworlds Forums, we're all tough muscled up guys with big large beards and we do not doubt our sexuality either no sir, if we're going to comment they better be prepared for us because we punch strong with our rough words in an internet forum for a game, so if you're weak enough to treat people "nice" you better back up, because be damn sure we the big viking MEN are taking over. Want forumites? We are the REAL ROUGH forumites

Only real CHAD's allowed!
1586131744990.jpg

ToO mAny WhiNey KiDs
You are the kind of person who would s**k any gaming company's pee pee out of fanboyism. You remind me of those Fifa fanboys.
Taleworlds shouldn't have charged so much money for an incomplete and broken "alpha" game. This game costs Rs 2,249 which i paid for with full confidence because of the SUPER-BIASED Glorious Reviews the like of you. That's the same price as Red Dead Redemption 2 for PS4 in my country. Taleworlds is the middle eastern version of Hello Games (No Man's Sky)

We paid money for it, and it is our right to complain.
People like you are the reason why we get sh*t games all the time, because you fanboys simply cant handle criticism towards a company you shill from the bottom of your b*tthole.
Taleworlds is a company that doesn't need our "support" money to stay afloat. They are funded by the Turkish Govt and their workplace expenses are paid for by Middle East Technical University.
WE
ARE
NOT
YOUR
ALPHA

TESTERS
Its funny some people are saying it will be great in its finished state. What a joke. A company that relies on its rabid fanbase to fix its problems (for free) has no ethical standards to provide a quality product.

I have never ranted/complained on this game before. In fact i never rant about games in general. But the title of this post made me speak out. Gaming companies cares about cash alone. As long as we blindly support them, they have no reason to change themselves..

Last edited:
Divinity Original Sin 2. I was personally a part of the Early Access and we had a _lot_ of criticisms and a lot of bugs to report. Most of the bugs are now fixed, the game balance is still pretty damn good (even though many of our balance criticisms were never addressed) and it's a popular, successful game.

Yeah I can't wait until Divinity Original Sin 3 comes out, looking forward to it. There's gonna be Mind Flayers! XD

I would add Pathfinder: Kingmaker as well.

they are being financed by Turkish government tho, it's not like Pathfinder: Kingmaker situation where they had to release half broken game or else they would go down. TW is in a diferent position mate.
Oh I'm sorry I almost forgot everyone in this forum is ALSO an accountant and knows every financial aspect of Taleworlds they're clearly rich because they have a government fund of billions and billions of dollars what a scam this is

Oh I'm sorry I almost forgot everyone in this forum is ALSO an accountant and knows every financial aspect of Taleworlds they're clearly rich because they have a government fund of billions and billions of dollars what a scam this is
you see? That's what I've said. Fanbois are as toxic as whiners :wink: take a chill pill. TW is not endagered.

The problem isn't that Talewords released the game too early, it's that they released it too late and at full retail price.

Subnautica etc were absolute messes on EA release but they were also heavily discounted. Charging $50 implies that this is a polished product - the fact that there is a patch a day proves that it is not.

This behaviour is arguably in contravention of the EA license agreement which states that any game on EA should be priced appropriately to the state it is in.

(edit) for the record I'm now pretty pleased with the game, especially with mods, and I think the $40 I paid was a reasonable price. I think Taleworlds should just bite the bullet and reduce the MSRP to $40 and then raise it incrementally.

The problem isn't that Talewords released the game too early, it's that they released it too late and at full retail price.

Subnautica etc were absolute messes on EA release but they were also heavily discounted. Charging $50 implies that this is a polished product - the fact that there is a patch a day proves that it is not.

This behaviour is arguably in contravention of the EA license agreement which states that any game on EA should be priced appropriately to the state it is in.

(edit) for the record I'm now pretty pleased with the game, especially with mods, and I think the $40 I paid was a reasonable price. I think Taleworlds should just bite the bullet and reduce the MSRP to $40 and then raise it incrementally.
they would have to refund people that paid more and they would never do this But I agree, the price is much too high for what we've got after the decade.

Let's be honest for a second though. With no proper feedbacks and without people insisting on fixing issues, there wouldn't be any improvements. There's a huge difference between whining and actually helping and I feel like you guys are often confusing whining with helpful criticism.

You don't even know how many games have improved thanks to " whining ". Of course, some people are definitely uneducated and tend to treat people like **** but usually these people are complaining on useless **** too. What I don't like is people confusing constructive criticism with whining. It is very clear that there is a minority of players who obviously know what they're talking about and who want to see the situation improve for everybody and who are talking about game mechanics,... and yet the same people are discredited by another part, more casual ( no offense intended it's perfectly ok ) who does not understand and does not see these issues and are seeing that as whining.

Back
Top Bottom