To many whining kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Not that 10 dollars is a lot of money, but in the coming weeks, I would be disappointed if I spent $50 on the game in its current state. Even knowing full well that it is in early access.

Don't worry, they even have staff online right now :mrgreen:

How long have it been out from EA? 3 days? And we got 2 patches. Looking good.

Don't worry, they even have staff online right now :mrgreen:

How long have it been out from EA? 3 days? And we got 2 patches. Looking good.
I am very impressed with the work the dev team has put in so far. I am trying to say, in the current state, the game is not worth $50. Down the line (a few weeks to a month) it will be.

Struggling to work out what people mean by 'missing features'; kingdom creation and weapon crafting are both in the game. What were we promised that we are missing?

I remember giving a resonable response to your question in that topic

I did answer his question too as I had understood it by the way he phrased it, but he just decided do go ape on me for no reason calling me names and insulting me, only to then delete his last post probably realizing he had made a fool out of himself. Apparently he's still salty about it though since now he moans about it in another thread... bah I suggest you not to waste your time with people like that, not worth it

Indeed OP, if you can't deal with a buggy game that doesn't have all it's features implemented yet, don't buy the game. If you do, don't shout at developers. EA is precisely for this reason, have a large group of people play the game and provide developers with invaluable information about the things they have to fix before the full release of the game. There is a reason they gradually are going to implement other features in the game, so they can make the part that is released just right, and then focus on the new part, make that just right, and so on.
I know I will get frustrated by the game in it's current state, so I won't buy it just yet, I'll keep an eye on the updates TW will launch, and once I think I can enjoy the game I'll buy it. No point in shouting all kinds of harsh language about something you should have known before you bought the game. Don't blame others for your own impatience and inability of dealing with bugs.

Don't let all the negativity put you down devs, the majority of people will love your game, and those numbers will grow with each new phase the game goes through.
To you I will say what I said before.

Dismissing complaints out of hand just because you are a fan of the game and no one should say anything against it at-all makes people like you the most toxic and hurtful members of the community. I love this game and yet I'm complaining, you want to know why? Because I want to see it grow and develop, there is no reason for toxic threads like this one to exist. Yes some of the criticism isn't exactly constructive, but neither is a load of rabid fanboys praising the game for finally being released and dismissing anyone who has the slightest bug or fault with it, I myself cannot even play the game currently. Yes, I do see it is frustrating to see people hate on a game you like, but that is no reason to bash anyone who has any critisism of it, no matter how valid, that sort of thing can easily turn away new players. So instead of just singing love and praise for Taleworlds and down with anyone who is having problems "Because I'm not having any.". Let's instead band together and tell Taleworlds what is missing and what should be fixed.

The game is in early access for a reason and that reason isn't to sing its praises from the rooftops and drown anyone who isn't doing likewise.

I agree about people being rude or exaggerating but I also think it's important TW knows how extensive player's problems with the game are. A large amount of people are not getting the basic performance of the game they expected based on the min system requirements/beta play. We can't report it as a bug or crash because it doesn't crash, it's just very frustrating, though still technically playable.

I do agree with you that some people do not seem to read the description on steam etc. It's kinda trend the last 10 years to let people pay for a game that's not been tested fully yet and let the buyer test a game while actually the company should do this themselves. At least when you put out a EA have the basics working but it seems like they haven't even done that with the sp campaign. And I will wait till everything is working you won't hear me complain about the stuff because they told me about it on their steampage, but still it's just lazy and greedy letting people who buy your game test the game.

To you I will say what I said before.

Dismissing complaints out of hand just because you are a fan of the game and no one should say anything against it at-all makes people like you the most toxic and hurtful members of the community. I love this game and yet I'm complaining, you want to know why? Because I want to see it grow and develop, there is no reason for toxic threads like this one to exist. Yes some of the criticism isn't exactly constructive, but neither is a load of rabid fanboys praising the game for finally being released and dismissing anyone who has the slightest bug or fault with it, I myself cannot even play the game currently. Yes, I do see it is frustrating to see people hate on a game you like, but that is no reason to bash anyone who has any critisism of it, no matter how valid, that sort of thing can easily turn away new players. So instead of just singing love and praise for Taleworlds and down with anyone who is having problems "Because I'm not having any.". Let's instead band together and tell Taleworlds what is missing and what should be fixed.

The game is in early access for a reason and that reason isn't to sing its praises from the rooftops and drown anyone who isn't doing likewise.

So, for having the opinion of not liking people use all kinds of harsh language because they run in to bugs in the game, which they should have known from the start will be in there in this stage. I am toxic and hurtful? I might have a strong opinion about certain subjects, but I don't think I am in the habit of using all kind of bad language about it. You are free to disagree with my point of view off course, but please don't describe me as toxic and/or hurtful, I'm not that. The things you mention are what I also said, and I never stated that only positive feedback should be posted. So I don't really see where the toxic and hurtful accusation comes from. If I offended you in some way I'm sorry for that, but please just say what it is I said that offended so I can try to avoid offending you (or others) in the future.

I understand it is necessary to have criticism about the game, and point out 'an mass' what is wrong with it so it can be improved, that's what I also said in the post you replied to. But in a concise and respectful manner, and not with bad language, that was what I was referring to when I posted.
But if people can't 'deal' with a game in the state Bannerlord is in, they shouldn't play it in my opinion, they are only ruining an experience for themselves.

This is too true. Name me a list of games that actually released from early access in a playable state, I bet you can't name me 10. Very few of the games on early access actually leave it and when it's a game that has already been in development for 8 years and comes out in early access with an asking price of about £40 which is the cost of most "finished." Triple A games and then is in a state like this, are you surprised so many people are complaining.

Alright, let's see how many I can get.

Minecraft
Rimworld
Rust
Mount & Blade
Subnautica
Terraria
Running with Rifles
Starbound

If you'll let me count games that are still in early access but are already pretty damn near to being fully completed, i'd like to add:
From the Depths
Factorio

There, 10 games. It wasn't that hard. Most are in my steam library, and appart from Mount & Blade the original I played all of them. I doesn't mean they were games that necessarily suited me or what I like to play, but they are definitely in a playable state.

Minecraft
Rimworld
Rust
Mount & Blade
Subnautica
Terraria
Running with Rifles
Starbound

If you'll let me count games that are still in early access but are already pretty damn near to being fully completed, i'd like to add:
From the Depths
Factorio

There, 10 games. It wasn't that hard. Most are in my steam library, and appart from Mount & Blade the original I played all of them. I doesn't mean they were games that necessarily suited me or what I like to play, but they are definitely in a playable state.
Bull****. Played most of them and it's a complete lie. And you are trying to name a very different games, it's not so difficult to do a Rimworld, that can be easy builded by 1 person and Mount and Blade game.

Subnautica, was same critised on early access, whining kids crying and crying, after few time game got more stability, more content. It's same everywhere, early access means you have to be pationt and wait, help developers and WAIT. Mount and Blade was a good game for it's time and it's literally had the same features Bannerlord right now had, only after time it got upgraded, new features added and etc... Same as will happen with Bannerlord.

Bull****. Played most of them and it's a complete lie. And you are trying to name a very different games, it's not so difficult to do a Rimworld, that can be easy builded by 1 person and Mount and Blade game.

Subnautica, was same critised on early access, whining kids crying and crying, after few time game got more stability, more content. It's same everywhere, early access means you have to be pationt and wait, help developers and WAIT. Mount and Blade was a good game for it's time and it's literally had the same features Bannerlord right now had, only after time it got upgraded, new features added and etc... Same as will happen with Bannerlord.

First, yes, I'm naming very different games, because the question was about naming 10 games that were playable when released from early access. And you're telling me that none of them were playable when they released ? I seriously doubt you've ever come close to them at their release then, because I have. It doesn't mean that they were fully feature complete, or that there weren't some seriously questionnable design choices, but they WERE playable. As for Rimworld ? Fine, go ahead and do it. I am in a programming cursus in university, and it isn't magic, it takes time, effort and a LOT of work to attain the level of Rimworld.

And I'm very confused as to why you're lecturing me about early access and people whining, I'm not one of nor am I supporting said people, I've just given a list of games that WERE playable at release to someone who said no one would be capable of naming even 10 of them. I'm in fact in aggreement with you, so I'm not sure why you're venting your frustration on me.

And Mount and Blade the original does not have the same features Bannerlord now has. Why ? Well first, it didn't have multiplayer when it started off. Nor did it ever had clans. It didn't have player created caravans. It didn't have gangs and gang areas. It didn't have sieges with buildable and usable siege machines like trebuchets and balistas. It didn't have bandit lairs that actually interacted with the bandits and truly served as a base of operation. It didn't have the option of having a dynasty, with your character dying and the possibility of having children. It didn't have an actual persuasion system, beside some very wonky and fairly obscure mechanics. It didn't have militias, nor the ability to fine tune how you want your towns/castle to be with the new buildings. It's skill, level and xp system for the player was fundamentally different. Your argument is essentially the same as saying "Starcraft 1 and Starcraft 2 are the same", just because they have the same core principles. Granted, there is a ton of similarities, but there are also great differences, hence why Bannerlord isn't just an HD version of Warband.

Since they anounced that soon gonna be Early Access release, i knew, there will be some people, that will cry and whine about everything in the game, but i couldn't imagine how many there will be.

People, chill the f*ck down. This is early access, show some respect to TaleWorld and say thanks, for giving you a good discount number and early access to try and play the game. Stop whining like a little bit*hes and have some pation to wait for future updates, fixes and etc. Early access means that you can play the game and help out developers fix everything, to make game playble, enjoyble and fun.You do not suppose to have FUN right now.

People that make this stupid topics how they are dissapointed are completely ungratefull idiots that can't just appreciate the new part of Mount And Blade history.

Game is awesome and has a very bright and beautifull future. If you want to share your opinion, do it the right way, respecting TaleWorlds and their work. They read everything and i am pretty sure they see what community wants and soon they will do it.
TaleWorld Devs have made it clear they want feedback.

Don't get so hung up on the negativity that you miss that this IS the feedback the devs say they want.

Much of the anger and anguish due to incomplete features is based on love of the game. It's easy to see.

I think of buying early access as a preorder with a chance to join an open beta. Personally I think it's a great deal, but I know that right now we're mostly an expanded pool of playtesters who paid for the privilege of getting the goodies early. So don't be so concerned when people point out incomplete features and demand balance changes. This is exactly what the devs have said they want.

Minecraft
Rimworld
Rust
Mount & Blade
Subnautica
Terraria
Running with Rifles
Starbound

From the Depths
Factorio

Edit: Rip. Hit Enter before typing.

Minecraft was basically featureless and had nothing in it in the initial launch. It was a barren land generation basically.
Rimworld had constant crashes and many things didn't work or weren't added in for months.
Terraria like minecraft was also very basic.

While I can't speak from personal experience, I've watched lots of Rust/Subnautica lets plays of the game being completely broken and/or bugged out. So yes, there are plenty of EA titles that have released garbage non-sense at the start, that eventually became gems. Hell go look at Subnauticas new Arctic expansion.

No Man's Sky was a complete joke at launch and was negatively reviewed as such overwhelmingly bad.

In comparison Bannerlord runs fairly well, and my definition of EA is that we are basically the game testers, for companies/people who neither have the time or staff to fully play test. Hence Early Access. We are essentially volunteers for the company.

It's not as though the game is listed as a Pre-V1.0 Beta Release. It's EA with a year of developement expected until launch.

Last edited:
Darkest Dungeon was functional at EA launch, but very barebones. It was basically just a few characters and a couple generic mission types. What was there was well polished, but there wasn't much of it.

Yeah! It makes me sad reading people swearing the game and whining about the years spent waiting.Refund it if you didn't like the game why come here and post useless comments

Back
Top Bottom