To kill or not to kill Musicians

Users who are viewing this thread

I tend to attack musicians if they're in my way, or if I'm playing Deathmatch. Unless they happen to be playing Men of Harlech, in which case they may live.

To me, it doesn't matter what team musicians are on, if I see one, I sheathe my weapons, and just punch them. It doesn't do them any damage (most of the time), yet it does stop the music  :twisted:
Repeat till death, if possible.

chargerz43 said:
You know something out of wack when "honor" is combined with video games.
I see that mentioned a lot. May I ask why? I don't see what's wrong with being honourable or why video games should be separate from real life in that regard, but even ignoring that, wouldn't you agree honour can be a component of role-playing, and that role-playing is lots of fun for many people?

If I'm in a bad mood or doing poorly I'll kill musicians. If I'm doing good or in a good mood I'll let them live.

Reminds me of a topic on the COH forums about ordering your men to shoot enemy medics, to prevent them from instant reviving entire squads of enemy troops.

Looking at it logically, Musicians give their allies a bonus, isn't this enough of a reason to NOT spare them?

I won't chase a musician down.  In fact, I'm a little less likely to prioritize killing a musician.  But if they are in the way, I shoot or stab them.  They are enemy soldiers; they can fight with a sword or pick up a dropped gun and kill you the moment your back is turned.

Kill musician = k/d ratio addict.  j/k... partially. :razz:

True, if musicians are the last things alive, you should definitely start killing them, instead of making all the dead-and-waiting folks angry for waiting longer. The developers introduced musicians as eye/ear candy, to add depth and awe to the already wondrous world of history we run around in.

Even that being said, I would condone killing musicians in TDM/battle before official LB's, normal battle being less bent on historical accuracy, but I'd put a frowny face on killing them in a grand LB. Unless they're bugging the hell out of you with troll-face skills/ramboness. Breaking rules etc...

Even that being said (x2), I never kill musicians period, as respect for harmless players simply wanting to enjoy themselves with something unique designed for this game. The 2nd reason being I'm working on my Master's degree for piano performance, (meaning, I am a musician irl).  :wink:

Furnardan said:
Kill musician = k/d ratio addict.  j/k... partially. :razz:

True, if musicians are the last things alive, you should definitely start killing them, instead of making all the dead-and-waiting folks angry for waiting longer. The developers introduced musicians as eye/ear candy, to add depth and awe to the already wondrous world of history we run around in.

Even that being said, I would condone killing musicians in TDM/battle before official LB's, normal battle being less bent on historical accuracy, but I'd put a frowny face on killing them in a grand LB. Unless they're bugging the hell out of you with troll-face skills/ramboness. Breaking rules etc...

Even that being said (x2), I never kill musicians period, as respect for harmless players simply wanting to enjoy themselves with something unique designed for this game. The 2nd reason being I'm working on my Master's degree for piano performance, (meaning, I am a musician irl).  :wink:

And thats what is amazing with this mod. Its even piano's in the game :grin:

Free Points :razz:

But in all seriousness, they give an advantage and should be killed. If you're having a reload race with an enemy and he has a musician nearby. You lose.

Back
Top Bottom