To kill or not to kill Musicians

Users who are viewing this thread

Fall of Denial

Sergeant Knight
Hello community,

You all probably don't know me. My IG name is Gustavson. The reason why I'm writing this thread today is because I am genuinely curious about something that stumps me every time I think about it.

Why are people so bent on not killing musicians?

I've heard the arguments. They are harmless, they add to the 'atmosphere', and it's the honorable thing to do. (Based off a historical context.)

However, if we are not to kill musicians because they are harmless, then we should also not kill: Flag carriers, noobs, officers, sappers, AFKers,  generals, people who are typing, and even riflemen - when they are using their short sword - and cavalry (Before patch.)

But of course that would be a silly thing to do. This is a game right? If we join a public server and casually start playing, then we should expect not to have to follow a strict rules of engagement when it comes to these types of things. And for the most part we don't. Except when it comes to musicians, because people believe they "add to the atmosphere" and should be spared.

Ok, I'm sorry but that argument falls flat right away. If my team-mates are willing to defend enemy musicians and even TK me to defend a musician, that only takes away from the atmosphere and my immersion. Sure in real life there were rules against targeting enemy musicians, but this is a dynamic war zone. **** is going to happen.

And finally, when the pro-musician lifers run out of arguments, they resort to calling it the honorable thing to do. That may be true but there is so much other 'dishonorable' **** going on in any given public server with greater than 10 people that killing musicians is hardly even a factor. What's worse - The guy who kills a musician or the guy who screams at the guy who kills the musician but then goes ahead and point-blank musketoon shoots everyone? The guy who got attacked by a musician and defended himself or the musician who didn't help his fellow country men against the enemy?

Those were the main arguments I have seen regarding this issue, but the essential question that I am asking here is not fully answered. I believe this issue must be fully addressed, discussed, and a consensus must be reached.

To kill or not to kill musicians?

DO NOT kill musicians. They just sit in the corner play they fife or drum so everybody can have ear sex while shooting at eachother. A flag carrier can simply kill you by drawing his sword. A musician dosn't. Do you know why? BECAUSE WE ARE PEACEFULL. We are like the switzerland of this game. You can't simply kill us.

While it would be easy for modders to make musicians invulnerable, it is instead a moral choice for the player. It distinguishes the honorable from the marauders. The true soldiers from the ones that torture puppies.
Best think of it as a personality test.

You should protect ally musicians because they give you the upper hand (a stat bonus) which will help you and your team against the enemy. But enemy musicians is a priority target just like officers because through killing them you you take away the enemy's stat bonuses and leadership.  :twisted:

If every infantry line had a rifleman present it would hepl them to take out priority targets.

Enemy musicians give bonuses to the enemy team. Either you kill them on sight, or you risk giving the enemy team an advantage. Even a slight advantage is an advantage.

Kill them, kill them all.

GoldenEagle said:
We are like the switzerland of this game. You can't simply kill us.
Obviously this swiss ranker was shot by a demonic arrow which purged his holiness and cause his demise.
d72dfe8a70b1cf0c97ea8fe957e5.jpeg

(In All seriousness kill)

I make a point of not killing them, unless they attack first until its the end of the round. My reason being that I like to role-play in every single game I play and my character is a noble-hearted hero.

I don't go out of my way to kill musicians, unless they're the last on their team.

That said, if a musician complains about being killed in this game about killing, I will ignore every other enemy on their team, and hunt them down every round until they leave the server.

TheFlyingFishey said:
I make a point of not killing them, unless they attack first until its the end of the round. My reason being that I like to role-play in every single game I play and my character is a noble-hearted hero.
A noble hearted hero wouldn't even go to the frontlines in a war.
Kill the bastards!

They chose to side with the enemy, which basically means they deserve to die.
P.S: That should also apply for prisoners of war in real life, according to me.

Musicians are a mix breed, half are just sheep, other half some serious bad ass fighters. There you go, reasons to and not to, kill them.

746254_zps1b4dc8b1.jpg

I tend to ignore musicians or people who surrender, unless they attack me or they are the last ones left.
In that case...

FIRING SQUAD.

Back
Top Bottom