To anyone who says "Buggy mess after 8 years"

Users who are viewing this thread

There are limitless ways to play Bannerlord, I think I can say making a sandbox game is at least 10x harder than making a linear game.

Limitless indeed. I think the best one of all of them is to actually not play this hot garbage at all until it actually becomes enjoyable game. I mean no matter how you spin it, polished turd is still in the end just turd.
I am glad that you enjoy this game, but I don't think I can agree with how you advocate for TW considering that how much their incompetence shows in many avenues, and yes, one of them is indeed communication that is still terrible.
Anyway, have fun. :coffee:

t's some interesting insight, but that's no excuse as several people have pointed out. Warband was outdated when it came out but it got a lot of attention and love because of how promising the game was. Bannerlord was expected to fulfill those ambitious promises, but instead we got a prettier M&B with less features than in previous games.

It's early access, sure, but I don't think it might change drastically from what it is now in a relatively short time span. It's disappointing and erodes some of the enthusiasm players hold towards new games from TW since it seems to house a special kind of game development hell...

tl;dr: You rode into this thread on your white horse, full of righteous wrath, and "contributed" to it by accusing others of doing exactly the same thing you are, while offering laughable (and already discussed) "arguments" to validate your position. Then proceed to dismiss all the information already presented in this pretty short of a thread, because you're undeniably "right" by the mere effort of "defending" Taleworlds' honor. While throwing lines that amount to ethnic and cultural denigration.
Sounds like you decided to dismiss my and OPs post and proceed to impose your own, and your group's 'superior' and fact-checked opinion on the matter, and I'm sure that part about 'ethnic and cultural denigration' is a fine example of a strawman straight from your silver-tongued mouth. Psychological Projection also applies to you and your sociopathic friends as well since you have began to use the 'ethnic and cultural denigration card' to support your 'argument'.

maxresdefault.jpg
A small mistake on my part on how I worded it. What I actually want to say is that; almost 40% of the users here stopped giving a damn what others say after their unrealistic expectations didn't come true. It's all about TW being the 'bad guys' for 'stealing' their 50 bucks and anyone defending them are mean poopooheads that don't deserve to play the same game as they do, logic be damned.

t's some interesting insight, but that's no excuse as several people have pointed out. Warband was outdated when it came out but it got a lot of attention and love because of how promising the game was. Bannerlord was expected to fulfill those ambitious promises, but instead we got a prettier M&B with less features than in previous games.

It's early access, sure, but I don't think it might change drastically from what it is now in a relatively short time span. It's disappointing and erodes some of the enthusiasm players hold towards new games from TW since it seems to house a special kind of game development hell...
Cut TW some slack, if they say they can finish this in a year or two then why not just be patient about it? I already sucked the fun out of Bannerlord after 3 months of playing, now I'm just doing other stuff while letting time pass by. If they do manage to finish building the game by the time release day comes around, then (almost) everyone is happy. If they couldn't, well there's always the official modding tools TW made to make up for the shortcomings, as well as the updates that will certainly accompany it by then.

You basically say they are incompetent because of various reasons. But people usually complain about different things most of which are things that they are surely able to do. They could listen to player base and make "a better buggy mess".

Cut TW some slack, if they say they can finish this in a year or two then why not just be patient about it? I already sucked the fun out of Bannerlord after 3 months of playing, now I'm just doing other stuff while letting time pass by. If they do manage to finish building the game by the time release day comes around, then (almost) everyone is happy. If they couldn't, well there's always the official modding tools TW made to make up for the shortcomings, as well as the updates that will certainly accompany it by then.

The game will look out of date in 2 years. Better start over.

Sounds like you decided to dismiss my and OPs post and proceed to impose your own,
Really? Presenting factual information (or just referring back to what was already presented) is "imposing"?

I could go into a wall-of-text detailed explanation of why OP's arguments, as well-meant as they may have been, do amount to "incompetence." And note that nowhere have I actually said that I agreed with that value call, whatever I may think.
and your group's 'superior' and fact-checked opinion on the matter, and I'm sure that part about 'ethnic and cultural denigration' is a fine example of a strawman straight from your silver-tongued mouth.
This isn't some tribal e-warfare, and if factual information about the inner workings of industry or game design process don't agree with your claims, you don't get to pretend like you have some "alternative facts." And they don't, because, as an example, even EA-owned studios often work with under-100 people employeed during development stage and still release what you'd immediately call "AAA" game, and a studio that is close to 100 employees is certainly anything but "small" within industry's considerations. If you demand that 50-100 employee studios are "small," pretty much all the games released until quite recently would be the result of work of "small" development studios - and it's still applicable nowadays even to AAA-publisher-funded studios. Not every game is made by huge behemoths - quite the contrary.

And if you demand proof, here's Larian, of the "D:OS" fame, at the time they released the game - 42 employees total, and that means everyone involved in marketing and other non-development work: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/divinity-original-sin-dev-working-on-two-new-rpgs/1100-6424336/
Psychological Projection also applies to you and your sociopathic friends as well since you have began to use the 'ethnic and cultural denigration card' to support your 'argument'.
Unlike you, I managed to state my objection to OP's claims without directly offending any participant in this discussion. Snarky reply? Yes, I'm a snarky person. But I didn't start by throwing the very sophistries and labeling you opened your post with, while proceeding to insist on claims that have already long been disproven in this very thread.

And I certainly did not do so while accusing "the other side" of doing the very thing I was accusing them of.

Last edited:
Dear OP. Are you trying to change someone's beliefs over the internet? Stop that. It's futile :wink:

Your post is interesting, but to tell you the truth, no one really cares what are the cultural or buissness condidtions of game dev, just as hardly anyone cares about working condidtions of workers in some korean car factory when they run into petty problems with their newly purchased vehicle. You buy a product/service. If it doesn't do what you expected, you are going to be pissed.

Having said that, I notice some people expected too much. I laugh my ass off every time I read something like "this game sucks, I paid 50 euros for it and only got 120 hours with it". That's great value for money, considering some other entertaiment avenues. People here have been demanding game in any shape or form ASAP for few years. I kinda knew that when devs do that, other groups will rise and complain about state of the product. Well, life I guess.

People got sooooo emotional recently... We should all just chill. Warband was not masterpiece either, it had buggs and holes, but patches made it better. What I did was play Warband extensivly for two weeks, get bored and stopped for half a year and more. And when I got a feeling to ride on virtual stead and kill see riders again, I got back and always found fresh quest, new gameplay mechanic or something I did not do before. Also, rekindled sense of entertaiment.

I plan to do exactly same thing with Bannerlord. :smile:
Game is not perfect, but I will find enjoyment in it for quite some time. If others won't, tough titties. There is no point in changing their opinions.

Finally a rational post.

Very mature and informative (about the original) post. i'm from a neighbouring country and i can think that anouncing to someone
''i make games for a living'' would be laughable. i'm in computers and i have not met anyone
in real person who knows anything about coding.
i've lived in western europe for many years, and the mentality and capabilities are far away
comparing to where i am from.

Good post, but then I don't understand why they split the resources in 2 game modes being them so inexperienced and why are they asking real money if the team is made out of students....

While this is valid information, as a developing country you almost always have "everything" in a developing state. This includes adjusting the way of thinking to the technological advancements.

That being said, I've never been a type who sees reasons of mistakes tied to the surrounding conditions. Being conservative, corrupt, favouring "our" guy/gal can be very hurtful by bringing a society's potential into a halt. But if you gather the capable people and have an ambitious goal in mind, your failure is yours to blame beacuse you created more or less a bubble of professionals.

For me, game takes a lot of (un)necessary heat due to sheer love and large fan base. I had very smooth and enjoyable (upto a point) runs in game and having high prejudgment on what they can deliver or not without granting some time to see the progress is not the correct way of thinking imho.

TL,DR;
This thread has an intellectual concept to argue but I don't find it relevent with the game right now due to two reasons;

a. TW has an experienced bunch of people and if they would have felt uncapable to get the job done, they shouldn't have set this goal in the first place.

b. The game is not that bad for a game in this state of development, seriously. It surely expand on this albeit slowly so what? Lots of stuidos are slow.

Thank y'all for your replies good or bad, I don't have my computer so I can't give answers but I'll write when I get my computer! I'm on a vacation right Now I didn't expect this post would get this many replies positive or negative so I didn't Take my computer with me LoL.

This was a very nice read. Thanks for taking the time to illustrate some of the barriers and limitations that TaleWorlds has to face.

I wasn't one of the people who cried foul about the state of the game after all these years, but there's some people who had unrealistic expectations about the game.

While i was serving in Iraq i met a lot of truck drivers from Turkey. All good people and fun to shoot the breeze and trade cigarettes with.

Turkey isn't the West and they have differing interests like OP stated.

Every truck driver i met spoke 3 language's and came across just as witty and corny as us westerners.
We talked a lot about different things but the one thing i did notice is none of them were gamers lol.

They almost seemed offended that i asked but this was a fairly small survey. :\

Edit: they were all in their 30-40s and even in 2006 it was weird for american 30 yearolds to be gamers.

Even in America its a fairly new thing for an actual man to play video games. It takes awhile for new things with a stigma to become acceptable.

All i see is that the gaming industry, is the biggest entertainment industry in the world. There is lots of raw talent lying around.
Imagine trying to utilize your platform to inspire and hire within your own country.

Gaming development is extremely lucrative. So having the largest game developer in their country use its influence to bring in money rather than outsource is fairly noble. Also it gives new devs a place to learn.

Imagine trying to utilize your platform to inspire and hire within your own country.

Gaming development is extremely lucrative. So having the largest game developer in their country use its influence to bring in money rather than outsource is fairly noble. Also it gives new devs a place to learn.
You would be surprised how much external devs they hired.

Back
Top Bottom