TMW Vitus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Played with Vitus a fair bit in TMW. Fun and energetic guy, terrible to hear this.

Everyone should feel like they can speak to someone in this community if they ever feel similar.

Saddened to hear this. Rest in peace, Vitus.

Btw: if people have any clips of him on streams or real life stuff BladeCast would be happy to make a tribute video if his family wants. Let me know Snazzy.

Rest in peace I never knew him but from what people said he will be missed dearly. Thoughts to friends and family. I've lost a cousin to suicide and it's not an easy thing to deal with you just have to be strong. Again condolences to the family and friends.

Achilles texted me the news not too long ago. Instant inability to automatically process the news, as if numb after a dentist's appointment.

Vitus and I started playing warband around the same time, and naturally have spent countless hours playing siege and battle together. We talked in TS quite often when we started playing and despite not knowing much about each other's lives, it was always obvious about Vitus' gentle nature and simple desire to have fun, and enjoy a good laugh. Moreover, Vitus is one of the few members of our community about whom nothing negative could be said; from my knowledge, he never attempted to offend anybody, never attempted to stir anything up, and I genuinely think he never held any true bitter feelings towards anybody. It is a sad and sour reality that even the most gentle of people, could end up being the most miserable. But that does not mean that we cannot reflect upon ourselves and gather all the things and events that truly matter to us. We should take this news as an opportunity to be grateful and thankful for all that we have, even if it is little.

The vast majority of the warband community never met Vitus in real life, yet upon reading the news, I did not think of Vitus the gamer, but rather Vitus the human. I felt an instant sense of loss, and I imagine all who knew Vitus felt the same. I have no doubt that the warband community was a positive outlet for Vitus; Rhade perfectly illustrated the strong and tight formation of clans/groups in this community and I am fairly sure this is what strongly attracted Vitus to warband. Something as simple as talking to somebody in TS/discord, could end up making the biggest of differences in someone else's life. We should all keep this in mind in our lives.

Vitus will not be forgotten in our community.
sSTY7ei.jpg

Very sad to hear this, Vitus was one of the first NA guys I knew when I first partook in the UNAC some years ago. Really fun and energetic guy, some funny times in ts. Even sieged with him in my brothers clan.

Thoughts with the people he was closer with. Thanks for the fun times mate. Sad to lose you and rest in peace.

Excellent initiative Snazzelicious. I didn't know Vitus personally but I have met several gamers or friends facing similar situations and this is never something easy to deal with.

Thoughts with his family and friends in this difficult moment.

I hope the best to the friends and family.
All brothers and sisters will remember you for your amazing talent you had!

Vitus was close to me. I would speak with him a lot in the TMW teamspeak, as well as play hours and hours of Warband/SMITE with him. God does this hurt. He was just one of those guys that whenever I spoke with him, I'd feel comfortable, and I would feel like I could tell him practically anything. Vitus had this special touch. He listened, and he was extremely down to earth. Humble is what he was. I have played Warband for such a long time, and not once was he negative, or rude, or disrespectful. He was always a friend, and always the best company. I will absolutely never forget Vitus.

Rest easy friend. I know you're up there somewhere man - I cannot wait to see you one day up in Heaven.

My prayers and most sincerest of condolences are with his family during this tragic time.

To those people who are experiencing hardship and challenges in their lives - whether that may be mental illness, or something else. Talk. Talk with your family, your friends, guidance councillors, heck you can even talk to me - I love to listen, I am all ears. It is important to speak about the problems that we deal with, instead of bottling it up inside.

I miss you Vitus. One day we will see each other and I cannot wait till that day comes.

Mok

Rest in peace. My condolences go to his family and all friends in these moments of sorrow. And to him, I hope he finds peace and solace wherever he is.

I did not know this person. To me, as many others, he was a faceless name in a server. As a small community of people playing the game often, we must remember to try to treat each other with respect in all moments. It's easy to forget that behind every screen, there's a human being, just like us. A person with a series of hopes, dreams, problems, good and bad days, etcetera. But some people may, unknowingly for us, experience extreme hardship in their personal life outside the little social sphere Warband is. For people like this, words of kindness can save the day. An afternoon at siege. A conversation in teamspeak. A chat with a friend.

Let's hope that an event as heartbreaking as this can help us improve how we treat each other as a community, and thus to improve as individuals. Some of us play with the same people almost every day. In conditions like this, it's not hard at all for bonds of friendship to be formed, between two people, or several. Let us treasure these bonds, the hours we spend running away from whatever afflicts us, playing and having fun together.

Suicide is an earthquake. It ruptures the lives of those it leaves behind. The aftershocks ripple into the minds and hearts of many people. Should anyone feel distressed enough to think about commiting suicide, don't bottle all the bad feelings and emotions inside your mind. Talk to someone. It may be hard due to the silly stigma sorrounding the topic, in an effort to make sense of it, perhaps, we label the person who ended his or her life: He was selfish. She was crazy. They took the easy way out. These sorts of things couldn’t happen to us.. Reality says differently, labeling tragedies like this is inhumane since the reasons and factors behind the tragedy are too complex. One of the measures to destroy this stigma is to talk openly on the subject. Look for help amongst your loved ones; family, friends. And should you have no one to talk to, even online friends can help you out, lend you a friendly hand.

Remember we're all here for each other, bless you all.

Gasset said:
Rest in peace. My condolences go to his family and all friends in these moments of sorrow. And to him, I hope he finds peace and solace wherever he is.

I did not know this person. To me, as many others, he was a faceless name in a server. As a small community of people playing the game often, we must remember to try to treat each other with respect in all moments. It's easy to forget that behind every screen, there's a human being, just like us. A person with a series of hopes, dreams, problems, good and bad days, etcetera. But some people may, unknowingly for us, experience extreme hardship in their personal life outside the little social sphere Warband is. For people like this, words of kindness can save the day. An afternoon at siege. A conversation in teamspeak. A chat with a friend.

Let's hope that an event as heartbreaking as this can help us improve how we treat each other as a community, and thus to improve as individuals. Some of us play with the same people almost every day. In conditions like this, it's not hard at all for bonds of friendship to be formed, between two people, or several. Let us treasure these bonds, the hours we spend running away from whatever afflicts us, playing and having fun together.

Suicide is an earthquake. It ruptures the lives of those it leaves behind. The aftershocks ripple into the minds and hearts of many people. Should anyone feel distressed enough to think about commiting suicide, don't bottle all the bad feelings and emotions inside your mind. Talk to someone. It may be hard due to the silly stigma sorrounding the topic, in an effort to make sense of it, perhaps, we label the person who ended his or her life: He was selfish. She was crazy. They took the easy way out. These sorts of things couldn’t happen to us.. Reality says differently, labeling tragedies like this is inhumane since the reasons and factors behind the tragedy are too complex. One of the measures to destroy this stigma is to talk openly on the subject. Look for help amongst your loved ones; family, friends. And should you have no one to talk to, even online friends can help you out, lend you a friendly hand.

Remember we're all here for each other, bless you all.

Tears sprouted out Gasset.. masterfully written.

Rest in Peace, Vitus.

I only interacted with him during our matches vs TMW or the occasional pubbing, but Vinny nailed it -- not a negative word to say about him.

Sorry my TMW friends -- couldn't imagine losing one of ours this way. If there's anything we can do to help, reach out.

He was a great guy and a cool person to talk to, I feel terrible not just for his family, but him too.
This makes me sad, and I hope those close to him find support and strength in the difficult days to come.

Back
Top Bottom