Native Completed [TMTAKAPCDDT] - Revived; Registration has reset/begun as of 9/04

Stay with 2? UPGRADE TO 3?! (Makes matches significantly longer, for better or worse)

• I want to keep it at 2

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • I want to roll with 3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I suggest an alternative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think the format is dumb overall

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmmm.. sure. Because I'm nice, and too non-committing, but mostly nice.

So you guys really made me make a poll? Come on. Hopefully I/we can get this rolling before I'll be out of state for a handful of days, but at this rate, eehhhh

Well, this is interesting. The two highest results are the two most incompatible. My vote would make it six in favor of two-per-week, so hmm.

Unfortunately, since I couldn't get this started quickly enough, I'll have to delay the start of this tournament even more as I'll be away later this week/-end. Actually... **** that.

Tournament begins tomorrow, and will tentatively conclude June 12th. That's on schedule for roughly two matches a week. But, since there are a fair amount of people who -- god knows why -- want to have another tournament possibly drag on for actual seasons, this is not set in stone. But it may be set in stone. Only if there are only a few out-standing matches will the deadline be extended. Or unless this schedule/pace turns out disastrously, which it might.

As always, I'm going to pretend I'm in the process of preparing more in-depth updates when in reality I'll be procrastinating, or maybe even studying like I should be.

Hmm. Is it actually clear at all as to how the matches are supposed to play out? I feel like I shouldn't officially start this until I've posted the official, easy-to-digest fail-proof guide for executing matches. Let me know if things need clarifying -- or if everyone gets it, then we can start planned.

Yeah, I have the bracket all ready; just waiting to post for, you know, whenever this actually gets off the ground.

That said, don't forget that the bracket is only a rough guide. As it's a round robin, there's really no order that matches must be completed in. I actually encourage you to fight whoever's available, rather than just who's "scheduled". But if you want to follow the bracket rounds, that's fine too.

RoBo_CoP said:
Bestest frandz 4evarz!!

Goodluck gentlemen.  :cool:
Get it right we are Sophisticated Gentleman From Kansas And A Brazilian From New Jersey Fighting Together For The Purposes of Slaying All Friendly Folk.

Too friendly your going down !

I am going to lose, then ***** about how the rules changed mid-tournament and how Deafening is a cheating bastard, and how I didn't care about the tournament anyway.  :grin:

All of that is a lie, especially about losing. BB will save me by winning 20 in a row. Every match. Thanks, frand!

Fehnor said:
I am going to lose, then ***** about how the rules changed mid-tournament and how Deafening is a cheating bastard, and how I didn't care about the tournament anyway.  :grin:

All of that is a lie, especially about losing. BB will save me by winning 20 in a row. Every match. Thanks, frand!
Here I was. Thinking Fehnor was going to carry me. At least we both get to ***** to Deafening about cheating.

I enjoy a good *****in'

Bracket is up, awwyeah: http://challonge.com/tmtakapcddt

Finals are done, awword. So I will honestly start making the guide to this tournament, and actually doing some updates.

I encourage at least the captains -- or whoever else feels like it [especially you Blacktide] -- to add me on Steam, in case you have questions or whatever else might come up. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Deafening

Stay tuned, &c.

TMTAKAPCDDT For Dummies
  Your failproof guide to valid matches

If you're reading this guide, you're probably in the tournament. Yay! If you're reading this guide and not in the tournament, **** you.

Follow these steps to success:
1. Go to challonge.com/TMTAKAPCDDT
2. View the available matches. Starting with Round One is not a bad idea, but feel free and do schedule matches liberally. You have six weeks to complete ten matches.
3. Find a stable server running fastest combat speed. Join server. Change map to Arena if necessary.
4. Gear up: Swadian Infantry, default armor -- or less -- with optional leather boots, any Swad weapon.
5. Now that both teams are assembled, you must designate one team as format 1212, the other as ABBA. This may be decided via coin toss/duel/rap battle/conversation.
6. You will now decide which player will be which letter/number slot. It would be wise for the stronger duelist on each respective team to fill slot 2 and A, as that will be the final match-up in the fourth round. But it's up to you.
7. Round 1: Player 1 and Player A. Duel until one of you reach 5 points. (Remember to stay within Arena's arena.)
8. Round 2: Player 2 and Player B. Duel until one team reaches 10. (This may involve a player scoring more than five points.)
9. Round 3: Player 1 and Player B. Yes, B goes twice in a row. Duel until one team reaches 15.
10. Round 4: Player 2 and Player A. Duel until 20.
11. Celebrate/cry.
12. Report the score in the TMTAKAPCDDT thread.
13. Rinse and repeat.

For the first few matches I will require screenshots after each round. I know you're not idiots, but I have to be sure. This will be unnecessary later on.

That's it! I was going to make a video guide, but that's not needed come to think of it. Hmm.

It runs the ENL mod.  This is an issue mentioned on that mods description page.  It runs the mod so people can use the ENL maps for battle.  Is there a functional/gameplay issue which prevents its use.  I have heard there is lag, but monitors have never turned up any cpu spikes or memory links. 

Gaius_Octavian said:
It runs the ENL mod.  This is an issue mentioned on that mods description page.  It runs the mod so people can use the ENL maps for battle.  Is there a functional/gameplay issue which prevents its use.  I have heard there is lag, but monitors have never turned up any cpu spikes or memory links.
Uhh, I'm not familiar firsthand with how to set it up, but it's perfectly possible to have ENL setup to run nicely within a duel environment. Beast Coast ran ENL. Make sure to enable public mode -- it'd also be great if you enabled auto-killing of horses.

But yeah, whoa, take it easy guys. I understand the enthusiasm, but no need to go overboard with your duels.

Back
Top Bottom