TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

Users who are viewing this thread

Well I went ahead and uploaded my changes. I tried various ways to get the infantry to fight better in formation, but simply ordering the infantry to hold fire and charge when the enemy is near (any enemy within 8 meters, enemy infantry or archer formation center within 15 meters) seems to be giving the best effect. They move across the field in formation, throwing weapons and such while approaching or facing off against each other, then swap to melee weapons and charge in.

I did the hold fire part because otherwise the charge AI was making half of them rush in and the other half stand back holding throwing weapons trying to get an angle to throw them between the other half to hit the enemies. And the charging infantry kept getting in their way, so the total effect was half the infantry rushed to battle and the other half stood back like "So, are we charging now? Is that what we're doing? I'm confused."

Let me know what you guys think. I ran various test battles and it seemed to work ok, but I'm sure it still has its issues since all I'm really doing is disabling all that fancy infantry formation AI that Motomataru spent so much time on every time the infantry start fighting. Well, not ALL of it - I situated it so that they still fall back to reform if they get really spread out (mostly when reinforcements arrive).

Ha! I found a funny bug. Header_skills has foraging as skill 21 and looting as skill 22, but in the actual skill list someone has swapped them without changing the header file. Now most of the references to looting or foraging use the reference to the skills file, but some reference the header file's definition (the "" makes all the difference).

There are only two areas where the skills actually are switched due to this:

Character creation. All the chars that are supposed to get foraging get looting and vice versa.
Fishing - when at sea there's a trigger that is supposed to use the player's foraging skill to catch fish. It actually uses the player's looting skill.

Now excuse me while my merchant, who is suspiciously good at looting for an upstanding merchant, buys a boat and sets sail for fish looting.

Loot the sea!  :lol:

TML I (and others I think) really appreciate your time and effort to help improve this (already brilliant) mod. 

I just wanted to ask for sanity's sake.... how much more "bug fixing" will you be doing.  I just started a new game with your fixes 1.1 and came here noticed 1.21 already !!!!!!

How much do you plan to do for this mod?

Is it safe to start a new game  :grin:

That's probably about it for a while now, unless more issues crop up. I try to keep from breaking save compatibility though, I still have a save from my version 1.0 and it seems to work fine.

Do you know how to make it so you're able to renounce your oath from your liege while keeping your settlements? I haven't gotten to that stage yet but I've heard that people have had those problems.

FALX said:
Will you give me an  source  files  = 1.21  versions  ?  Please.

Oh, sure. I was thinking I had replaced the 1.20 one with it. Edited the OP.

Also, for the source, you'll still need the map.txt file from the mod download. Didn't think to put it in with the source files since it's not a python file.

Thanks, great job. Some things started to bother me and your submod fixed that.

Also kind of happy for removing 5 standing requirement for freelancer. Didnt get why you need that. 5 standing with Lord would make sense and would be easy to achieve.

Hi ! I really enjoin your fixes.

There is something that really bother me in Freelancer, when your lord join a siege as he is part of a ost, other lords don't join him. When you're in the marschal army it's very annoying, you have to die twice if you don't want your lord to lose his army.

Will/want you do something about that in a next patch ? *

Thx

I found problem with the edited map. There is mountain where there used to be open route between Lian and Rhaedar Gwy and I found 2 armies from one ai faction stuck on the hills where the passage used to be. I could not reach them and they seem to be stuck there as neither moved within 2 weeks (made some trade runs out there).

still I would request more companians - maybe a merge with the companian submod - at least if one wants to conquer the whole map it is a pain to get enough Lords  as vassals withoiut a lot of companians - and a tool to keep my vassals happy as they are always angry when i award a fief to another Lord - which I have to do with this huge map...

thanks for your great effort and fixes...I would even suggest to merge the final with your bugfixes...

It would be great if you would help Vympl with his submod Imperium Romanum - that would a great addition to the normal Brytenwalda :wink:

i love your mod except those things
" Several of the things you changed were done that way on purpose. For example the leg armor was low purposely because well leg armor sucked back then. People were so concerned with protecting their head and body that they skimped off on what was down below. Does it affect gameplay, sure, but since the point of the mod was to be as realistic as possible, that's just the way it is.

As for the troop costs, they were high on upkeep for a reason, to prevent the player from running around with 200+ top tiered units. Again the point was to be realistic where the majority of an army was just fodder and armed peasants."
could you tell me how to not get those changes

Hey TML,

something strange is happening to my game. I dont even know for sure if its do to something you changed or not but it only happend after I used the new version:

In almost every battle I fight one of the enemy units (always just a single one) breaks away form their formation and wanders into the corner of the map. Once you get close to him and he is supposed to start moving to fight you he starts 'blinking' around the map.
Instead of walking he gets the walk animation but he makes huges 10 meter steps around the map and me and my troops get a really hard him hunting him down. Mostly i corner him at the edge of the map.

Not really a gamebreaker or something...but its annoying :grin:
Any idea why this happens^^?

Lol!  Exactly this was pissing me off too. But it was with an older version of Brytenwalda. With new 1.4 it never happened again. This is weird.^^

I think this is realy frustrating, because no battle just ends with the fight, you first have to look for this idiot enemy soldier. :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom