• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh, boy. Blast from the past. Ensure that you are downloading the correct version of TLD for your game.
For shaders to work on Mount&Blade 1.011 you need to copy the dinput8.dll file from Modules/TLD into the main game folder.

In any case it sounds like you are running a very old version of the mod. You can always get the latest version from here:
If you use Steam and own Warband we generally recommend subscribing to the Steam Workshop version and call it a day.
It auto-updates and everything. All the links and instructions are in that page. Hope that helps. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hello Swyter how are you doing? Long time no see! It's so great to see (e.g. on trello) that TLD dev continues to be alive!
I am popping up because I have a super minor suggestion. I'm not sure this is the place for it, but this seems to be the most recently used of the many many many places that are used or have been used for discussing TLD. Anyway, here goes.

A few of the starting-game menus are titled "Select your race". It occurred to me that the wording might be improved. BTW I not suggesting it because of the debate about the political correctness of the term "race" in fantasy settings (which recently resurfaced in different parts of the game-verse).

In menus for bad guys,"breed" may be more savory than "race" (yes, even listing "man" as a breed) . In the various menus for good guys, one of "kin", "folk", "heritage", or "people" could be adopted, depending on the specific menu.

mtarini out!

Good day gents!

I tried downloading the mod again, but unfortunately it doesn't work with the launcher dll. I tried the manual copypaste method, but:
"copy mb.fxo , all five *.pp , and the *.bik files to: M&B/ (overwriting)."

The .fxo and .bik files are not included in the download. I have the 3.6 standalone version. Can somebody send me over these two files? Should be in your TLD/data folder.

Thanks for considering!

What's the problem? See my post above, don't follow the install guide in the bundled PDF because that part is obsolete.

Another thing to keep in mind (once you've installed it following the newer instructions) with the original M&B 1.011 and current TLD versions is that due to memory limitations you need to set texture quality in the launcher to the minimum, and we also recommend using the enhanced version of the game when not playing on Warband. But, for most people, you should be using Warband and installing the Steam Workshop version.

But other than that it should work fine. Let me know if that helps.

What's the problem? See my post above, don't follow the install guide in the bundled PDF because that part is obsolete.

Another thing to keep in mind (once you've installed it following the newer instructions) with the original M&B 1.011 and current TLD versions is that due to memory limitations you need to set texture quality in the launcher to the minimum, and we also recommend using the enhanced version of the game when not playing on Warband.

But other than that it should work fine. Let me know if that helps.

Hi Swyter, I followed the manual from the page you linked above.
It says that if the mod doesn't start after copying dinput8.dll to it's destination, I should start copying the files manually.

Since dinpu8.dll doesn't work (the main screen doesn't come up, the loading bars stops at about 20%), I tried the manual version. I cannot complete it, because TLD/data doesn't have some files I should copy, namely the fxo and pp files. The result is that I still cannot get to the main screen, the loading bar stops at about 95%.

But, for most people, you should be using Warband and installing the Steam Workshop version.

Warband has serious lags and stability issues for me. Unplayable. I used to think it is my old PC and/or windows 7, but since buying a new PC (win10), it still has the same issues, so I just gave up on it. I don't have problems with WFaS either. Also, as a big plus, regular M&B has the very cool automatic lancing feature which Warband doesn't.

I would try installing the M&B 1.011 enhanced version, activating it with your Steam/TaleWorlds serial. And then just extracting the TLD folder for both the standalone release and its nightly patch, and then just copying the dinput8.dll into the game's .exe folder. In newer versions of TLD you don't need to do anything else.

These are the only instructions you need:
unknown.png

Alternatively, if that doesn't work for obscure reasons, even if we use M&B 1.011 all the time and seems okay, you can try the old-fashioned way, which is a matter of replacing/overwriting the files in the main <game-root>/Data folder with the ones under <game-root>/Modules/TLD/Data, as well as copying over the core_<whatever>.brf files from <game-root>/Modules/TLD/Resource into <game-root>/CommonRes. You can also copy and paste <game-root>/Modules/TLD/mb.fx into the main game folder as mb.fxo, as well as the (new) *.pp files from your <game-root>/Data folder into the root. With that you should be all set, you wouldn't need the dinput8.dll thingie after that.

Keep in mind that after this no other mod will work; so maybe, in your case, having a second M&B 1.011 install may be a good idea.

Last edited:
I would try installing the M&B 1.011 enhanced version, activating it with your Steam/TaleWorlds serial. And then just extracting the TLD folder for both the standalone release and its nightly patch, and then just copying the dinput8.dll into the game's .exe folder. In newer versions of TLD you don't need to do anything else.

I think this is the first thing I tried. (I have the enchanced version).
I didn't know about the "nightly patch" tho!

I did copy most things you mentioned, but your info is very helpful:

as well as copying over the core_<whatever>.brf files from <game-root>/Modules/TLD/Resource into <game-root>/CommonRes.

Aha!

You can also copy and paste <game-root>/Modules/TLD/mb.fx into the main game folder as mb.fxo

this too (.fx -> .fxo)

I will try again this evening, and share the experiences. Thanks!

Keep in mind that after this no other mod will work; so maybe, in your case, having a second M&B 1.011 install may be a good idea.

Yep, I had it working like this a few years ago. No problem, I already have a full copy.

Just a short feedback: I tried in a few different way (re-download, re-install, manual copy, etc.), but none work. Since all other 1.011 mods work, I have no idea.
That's how it goes :xf-wink:

Thanks for the help Swyter, really appreciated.

edit: I just installed Star Wars Conquest, which works the same way. Even the first try is successful, even tho, seeing the same install instructions, I expected it will not work.

Last edited:
So, I had gotten to the point in the game where I'm kicking ass, taking names, and actually contributing a lot to the war effort. I was just shy or rank 8 with Dale, had lots of ranks with other factions, was in the mid-late 20's, and every faction still around was fighting over Rohan. It was awesome.

Unfortunately, I can no longer continue the save (it crashes when I try to load)

I was wondering if there was a way to restore the save or if I can 'cheat' and get back my progress somehow.

(Also, would it be possible to make evil human factions... better?I feel they should be more symmetric in terms of quality. Canonically Rhun was supposed to be beating the good factions in the north, the Umbar are descendents of numenor, and near Harad aught to be more impressive.)

(also, playing this long as dale, where the game's essentially a shooting gallery: Could shieldsizes fit better with their hitboxes?)
(also, I can't tell the difference between bottom tier Dunelendings and higher tier dunelendins)

Hi, after migrating to win10, I cannot get M&B classic to work at all, so I tried warband and installed The last days. This is quite a pleasant surprise, this version seems to run better than the 1.011 version, and seems also better than Warband Native. Very impressive work done on optimisation.

Taking a second dive into the mod, and enjoying it very much, I really like what I see.

For the moment no big issues. I found some smaller things though:

1: Elrond's quest: when you start it, the text says you should "disengage", like the player is in battle with him

2: Defeat enemy champions quest. I took this up against Mount Gundabad. I don't know what I should have killed (the log said "orc infantry"), but I defeated 5-6 gundabad patrols, participated in two successful sieges against them, personally slaying 100+ troops in both cases (armored orcs, max level warg riders, trolls, you name it). The faction was defeated afterwards, so there were no gundabad patrols anymore. When the timer ran out, I still had 0 kills registered, and failed of course.

3: when an AI lord dies at a siege, you cannot visit (click on) her gravestone. On my run Miriel died at a siege (I think there, not sure), but I can only click on the ruins, not her grave.

4: in general, I really like the good vs. evil balance of the mod. There is some luck involved (eg. generals die early, when the faction only has three total, which happened to Miriel and Orophin on my last playthrough), which is good for replayability. To be fair, I also had unfair easy games when enemy generals died early so it equals out.

5: the scaling of some quests is a bit off I think. Doing a detour with 9-10 supplies is a nice division, but deliverying 20+ supplies is usually not possible. (when you get that quest, your inventory is filled with food ususally) This is the same with collecting scraps.

edit: forgot about one. 6: siege of East Osgiliath: the attacking Gondor army got stuck. I forgot to take a screenshot, and I do not know how it happened (was busy dueling with 3 trolls at the same time). When I finished the trolls, I just realized that the gondor troops are still being taken out, despite seeing 3 enemies and ~80 gondorians on the counter. I found all gondor troops stuck in the scene, with 3 orcs taking potshots at them. Part of the scene: first room after the initial (mordor held) bridgehead.

I have two questions:
- is there a faction which received not enough feedback/testing? Currently I just finished a game, and plan to start with Beornings, Harad, Corsairs or Khand. I don't know if any of these (or any other really) is in need of testing?

- is there some guide anywhere? I only found outdated ones, but it would be nice to know the faction rewards, or which dunlander/woodsmen units summon animals for example.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hello I Just Downloaded The Last Day Mod version 3.6 with latest Nightly Patch Nov-28-2021 for Warband version 1.174. All work fine until I go into battle with my party and use the backspace key to open Command Window and Battle Map . Then All The Battle Messages and Texts seem to disappear and can only view in the Log Menu(EXP, Kill Units, Damage Dealt ). At this point I go Into The Log Menu to view the battle Messages but all I see is Lines of
"
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE "NUMBER"Invalid Overlay ID number Line NO...
At Script Update Order Panel Statistic and Map
"
here is a screen shot
9foUM.png

Any Help to Fix This would be much Appreciated Thanks!(Until Then I Won't use the Backspace to Open the Command Menu and Battle Map)

Late Night Edit:
After further test with the command menu and battle map with backspace key I Have Found that:
1.Pressing Backspace Key to bring up the Command Menu and Battle Map for a short period of time (1 second) does not actually cause the "SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE" TO FLOOD THE LOG AND DISABLE THE BATTLE TEXT AND MESSAGES
2. Leaving The Command Menu and Battle Map on Screen for extended amount of time and Doing Anything with the Command Menu like Giving any commands and select your division using this menu will Instantly cause a Flood of Script Error and disable Battle Text and Messages from that point onward.
3. The Command Menu does not show my Custom Division I created for My Companions and Numenorian Soldier(Only the 3 basic Divisions: Infantry, Archer, Cavalry)
4. Now All Game Messages Outside the Battle on the World Map stop showing up at well and can only view in The Log Window(message like save game, resource gain from faction...)

I wish you guys the best of luck figuring this bug out. Thanks!

Last edited:
I Have 1 More Question:
Should The Screen that show Number of Unit Allies- Enemy-Us on the Battle Map when pressing Backspace be At The Bottom Middle of The Screen?
All The Other Mods I've play The Screen Usually is place To The Right side Below The Battle Map and the size of the Screen is a lot bigger than other mods.
I Mean is this Normal for you guys?
jEQTl.png

And As I have Said Above The Command Menu will not show my Custom Division and cause Multiple Script Error to Flood the Log and Disable All Game Texts and Messages. Hope This Clarify Things and will help you guys have a better picture of the Problem "Literally" ?

Hello is me MrDiealot who is Experiencing another bug with my Evil Faction Play Through of TLD mod for Warband version 1.174.
Okay so maybe this bug was self inflicted but hear me out!
My Orc war party is 300+ strong and need a lot of food so the "TURN HUMAN PRISIONER INTO FOOD FOR THE EVIL FACTION" is Great.
I Extracted so much HumanFlesh that I gain the trait Butcher. On one occassion when my food was low and I Had Like 50 prisoners I Decided to Turn all of them into food for my orc party. (I did it with such speed that I Think I Broke the Game Mechanic)
After I Turn all 50 Human Prisoner into Food. The next few Prisoner I capture won't give me the option to turn them into Food for my Party but go straight to the Default Dialog of:
"You put me in chain already. What more do you want?"
"Don't try anything you scum"

Has anyone run in to a similar problem with this Mechanics? . Is my Game Broken?
(Just ran into this problem today)

Ok literally 10 min after posting this the "Turn prisioners into food" mechanic is back.
So I think what happen is I Was Having Long battle with the Elf of Lothrien and capture some Human unit fron an Elf faction. Which My Orc don't like to eat.
But after that i went after a Gondor Scout Party from a Human Faction and capture some of their unit. Now my current and previous Human soldiers I Capture from Both Faction can now be turn into food.

Can Anyone explain this? Is this a Bug? Or the Human unit from Lothrien have Magic put on them to not get eaten by Orcs! ?

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!
Playing The Last Days Mod for Warband these last few days have got me to question why this Mod with it Scale and Age doesn't have it own Dedicated Section in The Forum like Other Warband Mod : Prophersy Of Pendor, Perisno, Floris, Even 1860 Old America and L'agile has their own Forum Section even though they are incomplete projects.
Because As A New Player of "The Last Days" mod I would really Appreciate a place where I can ask for Gameplay advice, Mod Features, Character Build, Items Usage, Trait... Considering that this Mod Is Still Being Updated to this day December-2nd-2021, And Their are A Ton of New Feature and changes compare to Older Version.(Found This Mod by watching The ReformistTM's Man of Rhun Lets play TLD version 3.5. 1 Version Behind the Current one)

All the guides I Found about this Mod is a Few Years Old And I Would Really Appreciate a New Guide of the Current Version.

Just Found the new nightly Patch Release Today gona try it and see if it fixes my problems with the games Thanks.
Try the New Patch with No Luck!

Last edited:
To Anyone New Players Planning to Post a Bug Report or Discussion about The Last Day mod(TLD) on the Forum like me. I hope you have a glance at This Post Before doing any of that!
So It Seem That TLD mod Community has moved on to their own Private Discord Server and No Longer Pay Close Attention to The TLD MOD Thread on the TaleWorlds Forum!
As You can see above all the bugs I have Reported These Past Few Days Have not been Reply to by anyone! And I Had To Go to the TLD MOD Private Discord Server to bring attention to my Bugs Reports posted on the TaleWorlds Forum. All these Bug Reports have since been move to the "Warband Bug Report" section on the TLD MOD Discord Server thanks to it kind members!
So I Hope You will Also Join the TLD MOD Discord Server to Discuss or Report any Bugs in TLD MOD for Warband.(the Discord Server link can be found in the Notice section on TLD Mod DB Page)

Thanks for the attention!

Hi guys! sorry for being out of topic, but i would like to know how to
tweak TLD to start the war later. when my character would be a higher
level than 20.

i've searched online, but can't find an answer.

thanks for this trully awesome mod!

Thanks for the attention!
You better head to TLD Discord server for help. Do not multipost and capitalize words in the middle of a sentence.
Hi guys! sorry for being out of topic, but i would like to know how to
tweak TLD to start the war later. when my character would be a higher
level than 20.

i've searched online, but can't find an answer.

thanks for this trully awesome mod!
TLD is OSP, therefore you may just adjust the right snippet in the source code. Alternatively, you may do what I suggested above.

You better head to TLD Discord server for help. Do not multipost and capitalize words in the middle of a sentence.
Thanks for the attention and Advise!
I will try to kick the habit of capitalizing words in the middle of a sentence.
Should I delete these posts since they have all been Resolved on the Discord?

Back
Top Bottom