• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I had the same problem. Did you install the Nightly Patch? That solved it for me.

Link: http://tldbot.bitbucket.org/ (Below on the page :wink: )

On turn 323 (Warband)and stable, have most of the special items Galadriel had to offer; save games load fine, no issues so far. 

There are certain missions which seem difficult to complete:
EG the raging troll mission I fail four out of five times because I cannot locate the troll before someone else kills him; the creature(s) does move pretty fast, the few times when I catch sight of him he escapes.  Not really a complaint probably as designed in the game, maybe developing the tracking skill to find him...

EG The spy mission, I do not see the spy spawn, I hung out a couple of weeks in the town waiting then gave up and reloaded an earlier game to recover the cost of my troop's maintenance.  I had 30 men under my command, the spy maybe does not spawn under such conditions?  That mission has been in my queue for awhile, does it go away or if I visit that town now and then, and stay a couple of days each time, will the spy at last (re)spawn?
------
My flat out daylight on the grassy plains travel speed is around 5.6 - 5.8.  Short of having only cavalry, how do I speed up my troop?  I have 9 saddle horses in my inventory.  Do I need more horses in my inventory or does it make a difference?

Ps a new nightly has just been released?

By "spy mission", you mean the "follow the spy" quest ? It's not a TLD-specific quest, it's also present in Native, and I assume it's unchanged here. The spy spawns pretty much right when you're given the quest : you have to wait for a few hours (it's automatic, you don't control this wait time) and then find him, as he has some headstart. It's a particularly annoying quest, as even with decent Tracking you're not sure that you'll be able to find him due to the traces of his 1-man party being easily covered by the many warbands and bandit parties around.
One thing's for certain though : if several days (or more) have passed, you might as well consider that quest failed. The chances of you stumbling upon the spy by luck while doing something else are absurdly small, and as far as I know the spy will not spawn again. On top of that, it takes a very long time to actually follow him to his destination if you do find him, because his "master" is very far away. It's right there with the "kill troublesome bandits" quest in the "long, annoying and difficult quests that are not worth doing" category.

Hello everyone! I've got a quick question. My lances are not couchable; I've read there was a patch that fixed this, but I can't seem to find anything on which patch fixes it. I've been looking through a couple websites, but I'm unable to figure out which patch to download and install. Any ideas?

Side note: I would just solve this issue with Morgh's Editor, but everytime I try to open the item txt file it stops responding and refuses to work.

On my main screen it says TLD 3.3

EDIT: Found a fix :smile: There was one posted as a dropbox DL of the itemkinds1 file on trello. If anyone else would like a link I can provide it! It fixes the couched lance problem, but there will not be the circle/dot to indicate when it is ready. It is more akin to the M&B version of couching, but it has the warband cooldown. I play the Rohirrim a lot so this was pretty important for me :razz:

SmurfInHell said:
Hello everyone! I've got a quick question. My lances are not couchable; I've read there was a patch that fixed this, but I can't seem to find anything on which patch fixes it. I've been looking through a couple websites, but I'm unable to figure out which patch to download and install. Any ideas?

Side note: I would just solve this issue with Morgh's Editor, but everytime I try to open the item txt file it stops responding and refuses to work.

On my main screen it says TLD 3.3

EDIT: Found a fix :smile: There was one posted as a dropbox DL of the itemkinds1 file on trello. If anyone else would like a link I can provide it! It fixes the couched lance problem, but there will not be the circle/dot to indicate when it is ready. It is more akin to the M&B version of couching, but it has the warband cooldown. I play the Rohirrim a lot so this was pretty important for me :razz:

Sigh. Take a look here:
Code:
https://trello.com/c/59SrpIyb/44-make-spears-couchable

It's already included with the latest nightly patches since mid 2014:
Code:
http://tldbot.bitbucket.org

By the way, as I've previously said, TLD for Warband is not a Warband mod, so... many Warband editors will end up confused.
I shamelessly exploit a small compatibility shim in the engine to make it load M&B 1.011-formatted old school
Code:
.txt
files.

So it's one of a kind. Aa- a frankensmod:facepalm:

Thanks for that explanation about the "follow spy,"  yes that is the quest.  I re-ran it a couple of times but did not see the spy spawn, maybe missed him as the game speed increases as one waits in town ;
maybe I should wait outside and just hold the spacebar?
Does the spy  appear right at the town or  further out from town?

In vanilla, yes,  the "troublesome bandits" I'm still looking for them and did not find, however in this game the troublesome goblins do not seem to be that hard to locate, they spawn not that far away and I can usually get them, I always grab that quest.  No more spis thought without a saved game to fall back to decline that quest if I do not see him.  Since there is no time limit, is there a way to flush out that spy quest?  Is there a spy in my game wandering the map who eventually might be killed thus ending that quest?

Yes it has spawned a long time ago already, and it's intended that you don't see him actually appear. You're supposed to find his tracks, and then follow them until you're in range to see him. But not too close, or he sees you and then you've failed. You have to follow him for several days, as his master is usually in a dark corner of the map and quite far from the town where you came from. Then you have an easy-as-**** fight, although you might have to bring blunt weapons because I'm unsure whether the spy and his master can be killed or not. (when I did this quest, which was in Gekokujo, I took no risk and my gunners just punched the enemies :grin: )
But again, it's pretty much a waste of a quest, interesting in concept (more than having to deliver a letter that's for sure) but usually not worth the trouble. Then again, with TLD's different system of Influence Points and Ranks, it might give enough of them to actually be worth something, I don't know. (haven't had said quest in my TLD campaigns, in fact I discovered it recently for the first time after more than 550 hours in the game) But in any more... "Native-y" mod (aka 99% mods), it's a worthless quest.

First one question, what are tools for?? and ...

Regarding to spy quest, yes is hard to do, I have made it in many mods spy (southener with shifty eyes) and spy handler can die so you have to use a blunt weapon and in this mod there seems to be just some sticks, as explained spy escapes from city sometimes is difficult to see you have to be a good tracker and follow the tracks, he is the only 1 party size in most of mods he is quite fast but if you are too fast and he sees you can suspect you are following him you have to follow him quite far I think getting mission in Edoras or Aldburg took me near to Isengard and getting the quest in Lossarnach had to follow him to Morannon there he gets a meeting with a the spy hanler this is in a party of ten or something like that cavalry men not too hard to beat, but more difficult with a stick usually spy handler horse is the best way to identify sometimes when you get to spy handler battle spy is in this party others not and you have to fight two battles one for each other, I always save before battles because many times a fast arrow can kill one of the targets ( tell your troops not to shoot and not to move), quest is hard but it worths the prizes I think in many mods is one of the best rewarded quest don´t remenber the prize in TLD but it was good,  I was doing this quest in my save game reward for spy quest is  +4 relation with lord, 2810 resource points, 19 rank points, 2 influence and 3810 experience

Ah i'm new here.. I got a problem atm with how to exit a settlement/town. I can't seem to exit out of them except by using the "go to port" cheat.

There's no "Leave..." option

Shakeyspeare said:
Ah i'm new here.. I got a problem atm with how to exit a settlement/town. I can't seem to exit out of them except by using the "go to port" cheat.

There's no "Leave..." option

There is, but does not appear at the end when the dev options are enabled.
These cheat options show up right after it making it a bit harder to see.

Also, ensure that you are up to date. In the original TLD 3.3 release for Warband scrollbars were invisible.

Thank for the update on the mysterious spy mission.
I know better what to look for in the future to succeed.

In the meantime the is a spawned spy out there alive in some area of the map and until he is found or murdered, or I bump into him somehow, Lord Elrond will not give me any more missions...

SteamTale said:
Thank for the update on the mysterious spy mission.
I know better what to look for in the future to succeed.

In the meantime the is a spawned spy out there alive in some area of the map and until he is found or murdered, or I bump into him somehow, Lord Elrond will not give me any more missions...

If its hindering your game you could simply use the ctrl+j (not sure if this is right - its ctrl + something) to reveal all parties of the map to locate him. Im sure this cheat would still work in TLD.

Hello,I'm playing on M&B Warband.I found a bug.3 elven patrol stucked here.Could you help me ?
Sorry for bad English :oops:
YBQRGZ.jpg

Webejj said:

Thank you for that, yes one turns on the cheats, uses ctrl+t and I found that spy ring waiting on the edge of the map next to an orc held mine.  I might have bumped into them on a scouting or dispatch mission.
ctrl+t  is not a toggle, no?  Anyway to get rid of it I have to quit then start the game and turn off cheats in the options on the first screen that comes up.

I had doubts about the trolls spawning, but ctrl+t proves they spawn.  The trolls often apparently, RACE  from the town they are supposed to be harassing as far they can.  Dwarf HQ not far from  the map edge near Dale just gave me a mission to stop a raging troll and the troll went around the mountain deep into Mirkwood and came out way over by Beorn's House!

I have the newest nightly patch, for the warband port and i'm in the gondor faction. My problem is that the lord parties don't regenerate troops so they're constantly low on troops. Is this intended or is it a bug?

edit: NVM its tied to the faction strength.

Back
Top Bottom