Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Kinlar said:
One problem with wargs I've just noticed is that, my cavalry with lances and spears seem to target riders of wargs and not wargs. This poses a problem when lots of riderless wargs galloping around on the battlefield and when I lie there unconscious.  :evil:
Recently I discovered that I can jump over charging warg and hit it by spear or arrow when I'm in air...  :razz:

Czu_Czu said:
Recently I discovered that I can jump over charging warg and hit it by spear or arrow when I'm in air...  :razz:

I do something similar with trolls. I ride towards them and when I get close enough, I jump and hit them with my couched lance.  :lol:

MadVader said:
More aggresive campaigning and sieging (too complex to explain here) is already implemented, also dialogs with marshalls to suggest sieges (with plenty of conditions there), and, though it might be an overkill, a large last-stand legion, which you could defeat to kill off a weak faction. These were all done and awaiting release for some time.
We will post a minor release soon including these changes, once all the music gets composed (and there's a lot of it).
Sounds AMAZING, can't wait. im sure the music will too :wink:

2 curiosities if you may reply :
1)In next patch will be something for  savegame bug?
2) A month ago patch seemed very near. I suppose that meanwhile  devs worked much on music or  that there has been  a  big problem for bugs?

Ettore53 said:
2 curiosities if you may reply :
1)In next patch will be something for  savegame bug?
2) A month ago patch seemed very near. I suppose that meanwhile  devs worked much on music or  that there has been  a  big problem for bugs?

I don't know if you noticed, but there has been this weird holiday called Christmas.
As stated quite a few times, the only coder working on TLD at the moment is MadVader, who will leave us after this patch. Others are busy with their own lives.
The patch will fix the savegame bug only if we figure out what causes it, which we haven't figured out yet.

Music is pagan's job, other devs have hardly anything to do with it.

I'm playing as an Orc from Mordor and just got a quest to capture a troll from Saruman (Saruman-glob búbhosh skai!), but I can't engage him. I have a cage in my inventory, but every time I try to fight him ("Surrender or die" in dialogue)I only get disengage as an option. Has anyone had this before? (I hope I am doing something wrong and it is not a bug).

MrNomNom said:
Made my first TLD video, just a quick battle. Turned out unfortunately dark, and I died, but oh well. I expect to make more, better ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L81XLCT50o8

Nice vid! Was a bit dark, but I can still see that it looks and sounds good (nice music). I will get around to reinstalling M&B to download this mod.

DanAngleland said:
MrNomNom said:
Made my first TLD video, just a quick battle. Turned out unfortunately dark, and I died, but oh well. I expect to make more, better ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L81XLCT50o8

Nice vid! Was a bit dark, but I can still see that it looks and sounds good (nice music).

Yeah, I made the mistake of doing the battle at dawn. :razz:

I see so many people *****ing and complaining about the mod...if you have a problem with it don't fekkin play it, simple answer to a simple problem.
I would like to say that this Mod was (and still is) one of the best TC's I have played, the TLD team did a damn good job. It's just too bad that there are so many unappreciative douches and movie fan boys on here *****ing about stupid ****.(see remark above).
Once again TLD team, damn good job. And seeing that I am addicted to Minecraft I will say "Diamonds to you".

Merlkir said:
Sadly, while some (ok, one) of the TW devs seem to like TLD, I fear we can't expect them to spend time debugging stuff for a game they no longer support. Which MnB seems to be.  (yet they won't even discuss licensing the engine with us. I still wonder why.)
Heck, I am quite disappointed with their change in attitude towards players and modders. Sad.

Hell, I'll sign a petition if you set one up.

freakin wat said:
Merlkir said:
Sadly, while some (ok, one) of the TW devs seem to like TLD, I fear we can't expect them to spend time debugging stuff for a game they no longer support. Which MnB seems to be.  (yet they won't even discuss licensing the engine with us. I still wonder why.)
Heck, I am quite disappointed with their change in attitude towards players and modders. Sad.

Hell, I'll sign a petition if you set one up.

"Hi there, would you please sign my petition?"

A petition for what? A license for the M&B engine? that would be cool but yeah... it will never happen :sad:

Merlkir said:
This is an engine bug in MB, that got fixed in Warband

yeah, 2 words...
PARADOX
DOLLARS

TW no longer have unrestricted control of their own product.  I don't care what they publish or say officially, a big company doesn't agree to invest in and market a product without a strong control of what happens to it and with it.

There is far more money to be made from pumping out three or four games, with minor issues, than from creating one masterpiece.  If we all paid US$15 for a M&B bugfix/upgrade patch, it would be different, then we might see some support and development of the original game....

It's what happens when games are made for profit and not for fun, and from one point of view quite obvious and logical.

Lucky for us players there are mods like yours!

the TLD team shouda put x-bows in cos isengard had x-bows not bows  :idea: if the team could make a better (no offense) patch with crossbows in it and like a be able to join the fellowship but as ur own char then that be awesome  :smile: :grin:

jazza1198 said:
the TLD team shouda put x-bows in cos isengard had x-bows not bows  :idea: if the team could make a better (no offense) patch with crossbows in it and like a be able to join the fellowship but as ur own char then that be awesome  :smile: :grin:
:roll:

Back
Top Bottom