Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That's a good one. Do tell, oh great sage, where doth this bit of hidden Tolkien lore come from? (specific quotes and parts of books would be best)

Merlkir said:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
That's a good one. Do tell, oh great sage, where doth this bit of hidden Tolkien lore come from? (specific quotes and parts of books would be best)

Copied straight out of here:
http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Gondorian_Military_Forces

How does Chris Smith know all these stuff? What/Who is his source? Apparently not Tolkien himself. :???:

You read all sorts of stuff everywhere, coming from the films, computer games, fan fictions, none of which actually created by Tolkien.

Yep. These wiki sites really irk me. At least this one lists its bull**** sources.

Also whats the deal with Osgiliath? It feels tiny compared to the actual zone.

OsgiliathNumbers.jpg

Still I like the mod, it just feels empty if you know what I mean. Is it okay if I go ahead and mod the mod (paradox?) to my liking for personal use? I'd like to put actual LOTR music into the game during battles and certain unlock music during specific events and also add a lot more ambient sounds and voice acting. Also going to mod Osgiliath into a multiple section city so you have to capture each part at a time.

(because that map was drawn by Tolk....eh, screw this.)

Well, I suppose we can't stop you from modifying your copy of the mod.

Well it used to be the capital of Gondor, it would of been bigger than size of Minas Tirith in terms of span or population until its abandonment. The city just feels small, to small. In games and its representation its usually always been shown and described as a great big city that once housed people and music.  Still your mod is nice, but it just feels barren, very barren (it seems in this mod its just after the great plague).

Vasilio said:
Well it used to be the capital of Gondor, it would of been bigger than size of Minas Tirith in terms of span or population until its abandonment. The city just feels small, to small. In games and its representation its usually always been shown and described as a great big city that once housed people and music.  Still your mod is nice, but it just feels barren, very barren (it seems in this mod its just after the great plague).

No srsly dude. We're sure you could do better and make it bigger without crashing the game, so feel free to do so, k?

Or, you could try this game, which is 100% true to Tolkien, and I'm sure you'll like it a lot more.
http://www.warinthenorth.com/

Triglav said:
Vasilio said:

No srsly dude. We're sure you could do better and make it bigger without crashing the game, so feel free to do so, k?

Or, you could try this game, which is 100% true to Tolkien, and I'm sure you'll like it a lot more.
http://www.warinthenorth.com/

I'm not saying I can do better, its just missing somethings that I enjoy.

I'm not planning to design the map so I can explore the whole of Osgiliath in one sitting, I'll build it into sections that you can travel to i.e North, South, East, West sections each with their own communities and soldiers and such. I also plan to do the same with Minas Tirith. Just giving my own criticism on the mod. Its good but is it really lore accurate? I don't think so. War of the North is (from what I understand) a LOTR's game that focuses as it says: in the north. So we're not seeing the typical scenerios we see in LOTR but rather the untold battles fought in the north lands.

captain lust said:
Congratulations on getting in the ModDB top 10 mods of the year. Fully deserved.
I agree, but I think it could be on highter pleace then 8th. Mount&Blade is simply less popular than Total War or GTA. If I will be millionaire some day I will hire Blizzard to make game like Mount&Blade. 8 years of game making and then 10 years of world's people playing like Diablo II. It is hard to find good game where you can be commander of armies who fight with his soldiers in battles and siege cities. Hail to Mount&Blade! Hail to TLD! Hail to Skyrim...  :smile:

Osgiliath WAS a ghost town.  If you read the books, it is described as a barren wasteland of buildings and ruins, where a few scattered communities still live.

It was sacked and destroyed by Orcs and fought over many times, so it should not by any description look like a big, lively city.  I always think of the post-apocalypse cities in the Terminator series - once-splendid civilisation reduced to a rabbit-like existence in the sewers, fleeing from the evil forces that rule the surface.... and such like....

I'm sure if you produce some magnificent scene-building, the mod team will be pleased to consider them for inclusion in the next update :wink:

I searched all of Moria for a way out but couldn't find anything but a place where i can retreat battle which sends me back to the starting point.
Theres also a gap that I can't jump over (yet). Is there a way out? I want to keep the book. :sad:

Mork the Pig said:
Is there a way out?

There is, at the lowest level. Where you can see the flames of a balrog. :mrgreen:
The book is worthless btw and you may have more than one if you go there again.

Hi guys,

I have the same problem as some before me.

I've reached level 40, it's around day 210 and ... nothing happens anymore. I travel trough the lands, killing everything in sight, keeping rohan and gondor alive and do occasionally some quests. It's a good feature at the start that forbids sieges, because you are still a small travelling pawn, that does the dirty work, like helping refugees, accompanying caravans etc. But once you have an army, larger and better than everybody else ... you are not allowed to raid enemy camps? There should be a possibility like "once you reach level 30 ..." you can attack them.

There are some other things I'd like to mention. First of all: Whats with this Gandalf-event? "Go to your king" ... Nothing happens.

I started as an elf of imladris, but all i ever did, was fighting for gondor (rank 19) and rohan (rank 16). Does a certain rank trigger some event? Or a certain reputation with your king?

There is simply nothing to do anymore. I helped in 2 minor sieges, which I'd loved, because they were something else as these boring open field fights. I do nothing more than that. Whenever there is a siege (in the north) I hurry up to get there, only to see the siege is ... abandoned, over or will last for another 3-4 days to abandon the siege than.

Long story short: I triggered nearly nothing (maybe there is something?), the game doesn't move forward and I really doubt that any fraction will win ... EVER (in the next 400-600 days).

Please tell me if there are plans to work this over, if there are trigger that I've overseen or didn't activate due to my strange gameplay or if you have any idea what to do next.

Looking forward to the answers (really, because I want to raid all the city's, fortress and camps, see the awesome work, and feel every bit of ambiance of this great game.)

greetings Bear

You have to destroy lot  of parties of same faction then your marshal attack one of  that faction city. As you fight as elf I suppose you need to  begin in North theatre.

I'm level 40. I don't do anything else than destroying parties all day long. With the right (boring) tactics you can kill 500 orcs of mordor nearly alone. There should be some kind of end beyond playing the fire brigade for rohan and gondor. : /

And still: Are there any triggers that actually lead to something ... more?

Bearcup said:
I'm level 40. I don't do anything else than destroying parties all day long. With the right (boring) tactics you can kill 500 orcs of mordor nearly alone. There should be some kind of end beyond playing the fire brigade for rohan and gondor. : /

And still: Are there any triggers that actually lead to something ... more?

Click me for wisdom  :razz: (the podcast)

Back
Top Bottom