• Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

MadVader said:
This is an engine bug in MB, that got fixed in Warband

Apparently. Always a C++ runtime error appears when I try to load them. BTW, why don't you contact Taleworlds and ask about this problem? They can debug the savegame and figure out what actually goes wrong.

Lord Kinlar said:
MadVader said:

Apparently. Always a C++ runtime error appears when I try to load them. BTW, why don't you contact Taleworlds and ask about this problem?
And what will they ask? 'Yeah, hey...We kind of modded your game so heavily, we 're not even sure what's causing a certain bug, because it could be a million little things. It's your game, go find it for us, will ya?'. Honestly... :lol:

too many parties, destroyed or alive, created over time (my favorite)
Mine also, just because of the way it sounds  :razz:. Tested the living parties only (obviously, can't test the destroyed ones), by more or less almost destroying all living force of every faction, and it still does it, eventually, even when there aren't many, what's to say about 'too' many alive ones. Oh well...

Anyhow, going to go play something else for the holidays and not bug you with...err...bugs. Hoping for a present when I return. I've already sent you (the team) mine  :smile:

Happy holidays, dudes.

MadVader said:
nobody on the team actually plays the game (or does much else lol).

Come on, this isn't entirely fair and I'm tired of such self-deprecating nonsense. Mtarini is away doing stuff with his academia colleagues and GA is fistfighting Putin. And bears.

And it's almost Christmas. You're apparently up to doing a load of stuff for the patch, I'm here for testing and being otherwise useless.

Lord Kinlar said:
MadVader said:

Apparently. Always a C++ runtime error appears when I try to load them. BTW, why don't you contact Taleworlds and ask about this problem? They can debug the savegame and figure out what actually goes wrong.

Sadly, while some (ok, one) of the TW devs seem to like TLD, I fear we can't expect them to spend time debugging stuff for a game they no longer support. Which MnB seems to be.  (yet they won't even discuss licensing the engine with us. I still wonder why.)
Heck, I am quite disappointed with their change in attitude towards players and modders. Sad.

BTW, yes, if you have backed up (WORKING!) save games just before it all goes to crap and in a few days the saves get corrupted, send us those save files!

Geren said:
Lord Kinlar said:
MadVader said:

Apparently. Always a C++ runtime error appears when I try to load them. BTW, why don't you contact Taleworlds and ask about this problem?
And what will they ask? 'Yeah, hey...We kind of modded your game so heavily, we 're not even sure what's causing a certain bug, because it could be a million little things. It's your game, go find it for us, will ya?'. Honestly... :lol:

TLD, as well as many other mods are made using the tool (aka the module system) provided by Taleworlds and TLD is not the only mod causing this error. If the engine of M&B has a unknown/undeclared limitation in handling mods created by their own tool, then it's TW's responsibility to figure out what's wrong with it.

Lord Kinlar said:
TLD, as well as many other mods are made using the tool (aka the module system) provided by Taleworlds and TLD is not the only mod causing this error. If the engine of M&B has a unknown/undeclared limitation in handling mods created by their own tool, then it's TW's responsibility to figure out what's wrong with it.

In a perfect universe, yes. As we live in an imperfect one, see my answer above. If it's fixed in Warband, they might know what's causing it.
But I don't expect anything at this point, for quite some time the devs have not been responding to anything, especially if it's MnB related.

hey ho, it's an old game, they have WFaS to pimp I guess.

Amman de Stazia said:
DX7 it is, but if that's letters, what do they say?  There are multiple rows of varying-size squares, and they seem to form roads or paths from point to point, except for one on the western side of the Misty Mountains.  I assumed I was seeing 'ambush' areas where encounter battles would use set scenes.

Once the team releases the next patch I'll release a DX7 patch that fixes most of DX7 mode issues with the mod. Still can't fix the pink stuff around the fonts though, but everything else works fine (and has shiny metal, yay!)

Lord Kinlar said:
Geren said:
Lord Kinlar said:
MadVader said:

Uhm...Why?  :neutral: Does MS come with a warranty or some such, I'm not aware of? TLD team "broke" it, it's theirs to fix, as with everyone else who's ever attempted bending the game to do things it wasn't meant to. They 'might' help, but then, evidently that's not an option, as Merlkir shared. They gave away the guns, we pull the triggers.

Merlkir said:
we can't expect them to spend time debugging stuff for a game they no longer support.

Then why do they still sell a game which is no longer supported?

Merlkir said:
Heck, I am quite disappointed with their change in attitude towards players and modders. Sad.

I'm aware of this change of attitude.

Merlkir said:
BTW, yes, if you have backed up (WORKING!) save games just before it all goes to crap and in a few days the saves get corrupted, send us those save files!

I have a working backup of day 26x, all my 27x savegames are corrupted, but 10 days in this mod is a long time. How exactly you plan to use the savegame to find out what goes wrong? I can try it myself, if it helps.

Here's a plan MV wrote for me:

Namely two things (obviously, you'll need a fresh 3.01 install to test the saves):

0. Verify that you get a corrupt save game from the first save after waiting some time. You must be able to reproduce the problem. Try several times if necessary.
1. Check how the party IDs change when the invisible line between normal and corrupt saves is crossed. You can do this by switching a debug flag in module.ini that changes party names to party IDs (numbers) - find it. Try to spot freshly created parties and see what their numbers are. If they are close to some 2^n number, that may be our cause.
Also use you intuition to spot if anything else looks odd or out of place, it's not necessarily that parties are to blame.
2. Verify that the workaround of saving in scenes (e.g. in towns, castles), instead of saving on the map does help. Try to find as much as you can about what else helps and what doesn't.
See if there's a difference between the non-corrupt and corrupt save game file size. Find if someone made a save game editor or viewer and use it to take a peek at stuff that looks suspicious.

My last one was like that, 'cept  for leaving town to save - was training troops - same result. Unless it's the going outside that interfered...

Edit: No, wait, that was the previous one, but still. Was trying to figure out if it was my actions which corrupted the savegame.

Geren said:
Was trying to figure out if it was my actions which corrupted the savegame.

So you haven't come to any conclusion yet?

Perhaps even though the player doesn't do anything at all, the natural progression of the game for 250+ days ends up at a stage where the game can't be saved properly?

Lord Kinlar said:
Geren said:
Was trying to figure out if it was my actions which corrupted the savegame.

So you haven't come to any conclusion yet?

Perhaps even though the player doesn't do anything at all, the natural progression of the game for 250+ days ends up at a stage where the game can't be saved properly?

The savegame broke, even though I didn't even touch it for, say 60 or so days, from day 180 onwards, or some such. Left it there to run (camping) - went to the store for smokes. Broken. The odd part is, apparently, while you're in-game (or have been for some time) the savegame appears to be still working properly, or so was the case with that particular one - I test (or so I thought) my savegames for corruption before I exit. Save, load, and then exit.

So yeah, if we go into the sphere of uneducated guesses here, I suppose the progression could be at fault, or the way the game..."unloads". No idea, and not prone to speculation  :wink:

Merlkir is it possible that savegame bug is so heavy in mod as its beta is faster then normal game? (Game goes early in party number limit)  I have a save of game a day before  bug happens ( I had one  of some minuts  but I deleted it - with whole game install- when none give me a month ago where I have to send it )

such a pity, if TLD was either less buggy or release sooner, TLD would have gotten 1st place  :eek: Nevertheless, congratz to the team ^^

Arzeal said:
such a pity, if TLD was either less buggy or release sooner, TLD would have gotten 1st place  :eek: Nevertheless, congratz to the team ^^
Releasing sooner; which would have resulted in more bugs
Less buggy; which would have resulted in a later release

I think both Third Age: Total War and TLD are the best Mods this year! :smile:

The only reason why I don't play TLD is that there is just no progression in campaign at the moment, but this will be fixed someday in the future :smile:

The mod is good but I can't say the warriors are really accurate to lore, especially Gondor.

Gondorians are descended for the most part from the people of Numenor. Due to this, they tend to almost uniformly exhibit certain physical characteristics, which holds especially true for the folk of Anorien, Belfalas and Ithilien. People from these regions are tall and fair, with black hair and grey eyes.
Those from fiefs such as Lamedon, Lebennin and Anfalas can, however, be somewhat shorter and swarthier than the average Gondorian, with brown hair and eyes. The reason for this is their blood is mingled with that of the hill folk who lived there before the coming of the Dunedain.

During the Third Age,Gondor's military prowess eventually weakened. The soldiers used two different types of armour and shields. The first one was the same as the ones used in the War of the Last Alliance and were still being used when Gondor was ruled by the Kings,however when Gondor was ruled by the Stewards instead of Kings (this was during the second half of the Third Age), this caused their armour and shields to change.The shields that they carried changed and was only about half the height of it's user which was made of metal. Their armour was affected as well, for it was made out of a thin layer strip of metal that would block against a few attacks, unlike the one used in the Second Age which could block many attacks. The weapons were the same (ex. spear, sword, bow and arrows) throughout the Third Age. Another major difference was their soldiers: although the soldiers would have proudly fought to the last man, they were never as strong as the warriors of the past especially by the second half of the Third Age. After the Great Plague and the Kin-strife, which left Gondor very weakened, the Gondorian troops mostly consisted of regular soldiers for the rest of the Third Age. Many Númenóreans of pure blood had perished during those troublesome times.

So they did wear plate armour (those who gained a high enough rank) but it wasn't exactly tough enough to withstand many blows.

Back
Top Bottom