• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Devs are working hard  on a patch. (read  a little last pages before to write please) NO ETA is known, rumours said almost  done  last week, but  devs probably  have problems with scout bug. So we must have patience. I hope we see it early as I want  this mod in first top  mods of 2011.

Lord Kinlar said:
Update: Another bug found. Mordor has just been defeated and now I get this script error whenever I talk to a party and also when leave the dialogue.

How on earth did you manage to defeat mordor before the savegame corruption bug hit?

D'Sparil said:
Lord Kinlar said:
Update: Another bug found. Mordor has just been defeated and now I get this script error whenever I talk to a party and also when leave the dialogue.

How on earth did you manage to defeat mordor before the savegame corruption bug hit?

Cheated, obviously. Wanted to speed things up a bit and gave Imrahil a huge army. And he used it to take Cair Andros back, and then razed two Mordor camps and after that went and attacked Morannon. I also joined in to help him there. Morannon was a great battle, loved it. I expected a reward for defeating Mordor and some kind of cut scene or something like that but I got this script error instead.  :smile:

Mind you, if I didn't do this, the game would have never ended. Most of the AI lords just sit there doing nothing. I was lucky enough to catch Imrahil on a campaign though, just before he had his ass kicked again.

It was day 212, for the record.

BTW, starting skills and equipment for elven characters is absolutely ridiculous in this mod. Even the lowest level elven scout has better equipment and 200+ weapon skills whereas I, with ****ty equipment, have weapon skills of 15! What am I, the black sheep of the elves? And yet, they call me "commander"! :lol:

Ettore53 said:
Devs are working hard  on a patch. (read  a little last pages before to write please) NO ETA is known, rumours said almost  done  last week, but  devs probably  have problems with scout bug. So we must have patience. I hope we see it early as I want  this mod in first top  mods of 2011.
o hahah no i did read but i havent checked back in a while so i wasnt sure whether a patch had just been realeased and somehow cause new problems but like fixed the old ones no disrespect implied or attempted

More thoughts as i've reached 200 days

def. need a way to start + instigate sieges without having to camp weeks outside one in the hopes that the nobles won't run back to their camps. when i asked why theres no way to siege before and someone replied 'read readme' there is nothing explained there

when you help a siege you don't get any items, prisoners, influence, rank, or RP. definitely needs a change. "helped our faction destroy three outposts? who cares. do ten more letter deliveries and i'll join" - companions

need to be able to see what perks special items have. need to be able to give them to specialized companions, or else most of the skill boosters are worthless.

gondor and rohan don't do anything, ever. only once did rohan nobles do something useful and razed all 3 uruk outposts but managed to just because of me helping probably. never seen gondor siege anything. rohan nobles ask me to scout moria and cair andros (captured), totally ignoring isengard and the dunlending camp (latter of which is weak). rhun southern camp has been sieged countless times, the attackers always leave for no reason

most quests given are hero capturing which i refuse every time because the chances are insanely unfavorable. you should be able to capture an unconscious, army-less guy most of the time

i have been given the troll killing quest several times, never have i been able to engage them (7.4 speed wtf) and most of the time before i even reach the city they're 'terrorizing' they are killed

one of the elven heroes and a faction leader, galadriel i think, sits in a huge treehouse that is way too much of a hassle when walking to her

needs some sort of sink for money after you reach 12+ rank, i've got 100k yet nothing to spend it on and converting it to other currencies is also a big hassle

Warg riders are buggy and annoying.

Sieges don't really make sense- why does it take a long time to attack a bunch of tents that may or may not be surrounded by a flimsy wooden wall which is always open?

that's all i can think for now. still a very fun game thanks!!

Uberfellow said:
gondor and rohan don't do anything, ever. only once did rohan nobles do something useful and razed all 3 uruk outposts but managed to just because of me helping probably. never seen gondor siege anything. rohan nobles ask me to scout moria and cair andros (captured), totally ignoring isengard and the dunlending camp (latter of which is weak). rhun southern camp has been sieged countless times, the attackers always leave for no reason

Rohan does try to do stuff, they just tend to be beaten by the Isengard hosts. As you've said, they do do stuff when they're not losing constantly.

As for Gondor, I think the devs said that in this age their strength was waning, having barely enough manpower to support the held cities already. I think the same has to do with how Rohan fares with Isengard in general. Both of these two organizations were pretty much on the verge of losing in the story.

most quests given are hero capturing which i refuse every time because the chances are insanely unfavorable. you should be able to capture an unconscious, army-less guy most of the time

Actually, once you accept the quest the next time you defeat a noble you'll be able to capture the leader.

i have been given the troll killing quest several times, never have i been able to engage them (7.4 speed wtf) and most of the time before i even reach the city they're 'terrorizing' they are killed

Have a faster party? Put some of your men into your capital to speed yourself up? Invest in pathfinding? Trolls are not slow beasts, especially considering that their party size is effectively 1. You can cheat, it's almost the same as asking the devs to make things easier for you without you having to resort to the existing methods.

one of the elven heroes and a faction leader, galadriel i think, sits in a huge treehouse that is way too much of a hassle when walking to her

I think you'll have to deal with this or switch to another side as I think the devs don't intend to fix this.

Warg riders are buggy and annoying.

Already mentioned.

Sieges don't really make sense- why does it take a long time to attack a bunch of tents that may or may not be surrounded by a flimsy wooden wall which is always open?

This is a problem with the game even without the mod.

I'm having a really good run playing as a member of the Dale, though the campaign has stalled. Rhun finally croaked and all the nearby goblin outposts are sacked, but no one wants to finish off the northern goblins so that we can go south. As it is, I keep getting offered quests to go kill their various raiders and the like, but none of them survive long enough for me to rack up the needed kill count. You'd think that between the Elves, the Dwarves, the Dale, and the Bear folk that we'd be able to siege one of the two goblin strongholds on our borders before the end of time, but I've pretty much resigned myself to just faffing around in Rohan where the action is.

Swadius said:
Actually, once you accept the quest the next time you defeat a noble you'll be able to capture the leader.
I was wondering about that. I didn't want to commit myself to the quest because I thought that capturing lords was disabled.

And I thought it's somehow linked to prisoner management skill, which I very rarely invest in, so always declined doing those quests myself. Oh, the lost influence... :lol: Thanks for the info.

One question, do they stay imprisoned after interrogated by the quest giver?

If so, that may be the only way to finish off Moria (having only the Troll cave at the moment), because it seems 700 (with the leader party alone being about 250; forgot the name now) or so in numbers seem a bit too hard even for Erebor, who not so long ago wiped the place clean, pretty much in one go.

Swadius said:

Doesn't seem to apply in my game. Have defeated four enemy parties (with commanders) so far without any ally help, and couldn't capture any of the commanders. I didn't even get a message telling me that they managed to escape or something like that after the battle.

Also, enemy commanders never die in battles I'm involved in.

Edit: Okay, got one finally.  :smile:

Brought the prisoner to Thranduil and here's how he thanked me: "Please accept these 0 RPs for your help".  :lol:

Hi guys i think this is a great mod and cant wait too use it I have one problem though
I downloaded the mod but i don't have a folder called mount and blade modules ? I thought maybe i had deleted it so i unisatlled and re installed and still the same when i am asked to extract the folder all i have is to direct x , map or manual
Please reply with any help as i really want to play this mod

BTW MY VERSION IS V1.011

THANKS

Geren said:

I've given lords over to the leader a few times. I don't know how fast they appear back in their fortresses, but it appears that they eventually do. I've even tried eating one of the lords through the eating of human prisoners once, he reappeared instantly back in Edoras, while we were somehow in possession of his bones and flesh.

Dcsmall said:
Hi guys i think this is a great mod and cant wait too use it I have one problem though
I downloaded the mod but i don't have a folder called mount and blade modules ? I thought maybe i had deleted it so i unisatlled and re installed and still the same when i am asked to extract the folder all i have is to direct x , map or manual
Please reply with any help as i really want to play this mod

BTW MY VERSION IS V1.011

THANKS
Sounds like Steam to me. Try to find it in the subfolders of your Steam folder. Something like...\Steam\steamapps\common\mount&blade\Modules...or some such. If that doesn't work, since Native is a module itself, just search for it with...uhm...search  :razz:

Swadius said:
Geren said:

I've given lords over to the leader a few times. I don't know how fast they appear back in their fortresses, but it appears that they eventually do. I've even tried eating one of the lords through the eating of human prisoners once, he reappeared instantly back in Edoras, while we were somehow in possession of his bones and flesh.
Some epic fart there...

Rohan does try to do stuff, they just tend to be beaten by the Isengard hosts. As you've said, they do do stuff when they're not losing constantly.

out of some 200 days, there was only one campaign that managed to get anything done. the last few times i got the call to arms it was cancelled before i could ever reach theoden. this rohan has been 9000+ strength for a long time, and they pay no attention to isengard or dunlandings

i've taken the quest at least twice and couldnt capture a single defeated guy. luckily i did manage to capture one and then was offered the quest (easy influence :grin:)

Have a faster party? Put some of your men into your capital to speed yourself up? Invest in pathfinding? Trolls are not slow beasts, especially considering that their party size is effectively 1. You can cheat, it's almost the same as asking the devs to make things easier for you without you having to resort to the existing methods.

i already have about 5 or 6 pathfinding, 90%+ elite cavalry party, and i need all of them to take on bigger parties. i just think it would be much more logical to have the quest be

A. accept it from an NPC
B. go to the city and speak to quest giver / get a scripted screen
C. be put into a custom fight with trolls and some men / the trolls spawn at a reasonable position near the city

i haven't been able to catch up to the troll, if i can even get to the city before it dies. i assume the troll party catches a weak party and then gets swarmed by all the patrols around

I think you'll have to deal with this or switch to another side as I think the devs don't intend to fix this.

im not in that faction but while traveling for companions and scenery across the map i instantly decided to not bother with getting influence for that faction. given how all other NPCs are at most a stairs climb away, its a bit ridic

This is a problem with the game even without the mod.

ok thanks for replyin

it doesn't really matter much though cause my game has bugged out, every battle or scene i enter the display freezes. day 215~

Uberfellow said:
im not in that faction but while traveling for companions and scenery across the map i instantly decided to not bother with getting influence for that faction. given how all other NPCs are at most a stairs climb away, its a bit ridic
Click the 'go to the main square' option and the Lorien folk will be just a stair's climb away as well. 

Ajax

the trolls spawn at a reasonable position near the city

Trolls spawn at towns' entry points, actually.

i haven't been able to catch up to the troll, if i can even get to the city before it dies. i assume the troll party catches a weak party and then gets swarmed by all the patrols around

Even when you've joined a battle the troll's already involved in, the quest counts as completed once the battle is done.

The rest is a matter of location and some reading, to see where it will spawn, and consider whether you're close enough to get there in time before you accept the quest.

Even when you've joined a battle the troll's already involved in, the quest counts as completed once the battle is done.

nope

The rest is a matter of location and some reading, to see where it will spawn, and consider whether you're close enough to get there in time before you accept the quest

did you read anything in my post

Yep...I've done it about 10 times, when I was playing as one of Gondor. 2-3 times when playing Rohan too.

And yes, I did read your posts, although, I must admit I am having difficulties reading what hell it is you're saying...Capitalization, punctuation, and all...'Sides, I'm not sure which distracts me more - the urge to flame the hell out of all that whining or your avatar.

Back
Top Bottom