Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Bobthehero said:
Here's a tip, don't accept the quest until you loot the scrap, the guy kept the quest in store for a good week and probably more.
Really?  I had some vertex error buffer when I left a spot to see where the area for the quest was(wasn't paying attention, don't recall what it was now), but when I restarted TLD, it gave me a different quest when I talked to the guy again.  Ah well.  Not like I'dve had much luck with that one anyway.  Think I'll just wait till I have a ton of scrap before I accept another of those.

Need a lil bit of help here. Whenever I try to help defend Cair Andros in a siege, the game always crash and says "unable to restore vertex buffer". What should I do?

Tralfaz said:
Really?  I had some vertex error buffer when I left a spot to see where the area for the quest was(wasn't paying attention, don't recall what it was now), but when I restarted TLD, it gave me a different quest when I talked to the guy again.  Ah well.  Not like I'dve had much luck with that one anyway.  Think I'll just wait till I have a ton of scrap before I accept another of those.

What I mean is that you keep on refusing to do the quest, until you loot the metal, then accept and get paid.

Weaver said:
Azreal, no way you can kill 6 goblin riders, armed only with a two-handed spear and beginners low combat skills. :smile:

Tralfaz, i had those problems with weird texture colouration too and switching from dx9 to dx7 did the trick for me. nothing else worked.
Well, I actually fool around Dales trainning ground for hours and get to level 3 with over 100 pole arm skills, so I don't have any problem killing them  :lol:
Erabor barrack only have single combat trainning, wonder if that's a feature.

Btw, found a small bug, Noldorin Horse Archer can't use their bows, they have bows and arrows armed yet they stayed unarmed & mounted.
And when I defeated enemy parties by myself, there's always RED scripts-line appeared, nothing affected much, but I wished IP rewards would be as much as I defeat them along friendly.

Is there anyway to expand or switch Area of Operation for factions after closet opponent are defeated? After camping several weeks near the isolated Mt.Gor-bak smth (orange one near Mirkwoods) I noticed that they still moved their army out quite often, but they just hanged around the base. When I lured them back to Dales & Erabor lands for some Influence points, the lords' army most of the times always patrol around their bases as well.

What I mean is, if I'd refused, I wouldn't have been able to get it when I got back in-game.  It's just kinda chancy for me, so I'll just be refusing those. 

Off for a while.

After a better deal of playing, I'd absolutely love if you made the wargs cheat-killable or non-essential to kill. I mean it's a nice feature and all, but running down 10 wargs takes like 10 minutes after combat (I don't have that much cavalry and the ones I've got are mainly because of the goddamn wargs) and it starts getting old real fast.

TitanG said:
After a better deal of playing, I'd absolutely love if you made the wargs cheat-killable or non-essential to kill. I mean it's a nice feature and all, but running down 10 wargs takes like 10 minutes after combat (I don't have that much cavalry and the ones I've got are mainly because of the goddamn wargs) and it starts getting old real fast.
I'm think it would be good to let wargs run away with time. They are beasts after all, should not be persistent fight-to-death things. Couple charges, couple torn throats, and they are gone.
Arzeal said:
Btw, found a small bug, Noldorin Horse Archer can't use their bows, they have bows and arrows armed yet they stayed unarmed & mounted.
And when I defeated enemy parties by myself, there's always RED scripts-line appeared, nothing affected much, but I wished IP rewards would be as much as I defeat them along friendly.
Is there anyway to expand or switch Area of Operation for factions after closet opponent are defeated?
- Noldorin fixed in next patch.
- Red lines apparently seem to be fixed here too.
- When you kill an enemy in the wilderness, there might be nobody else to witness your victory and carry news about your valor to the authorities
- Factions have a theatre of operation. When they kill all enemies in this theatre, they will move.
daniknik said:
Need a lil bit of help here. Whenever I try to help defend Cair Andros in a siege, the game always crash and says "unable to restore vertex buffer". What should I do?
Reduce graphics and battlesize, minimize corpses
Crazy-Q said:
Any chance you'll ever make the shaders open source/free to use?
After we deem TLD pretty much finished we think of making it open source wholesale
Bobthehero said:
OH by the way GetAssista, your store is full of crap >:P
Can't be! I peddle only quality goodies :grin:

I began a venance quest. But, I don't know what to do. Nor it appears on the quest log. Any help?

Ah, yes, how do I activate these epic shaders?

Pratolli said:
I began a venance quest. But, I don't know what to do. Nor it appears on the quest log. Any help?

Ah, yes, how do I activate these epic shaders?

You need to kill as many parties of the enemy faction that killed the hero (whom you swore to avenge) as quickly as possible. Then you'll get either an Oath Keeper (if you make it) , or an Oath Breaker (if you don't) trait.

For epic shaders you need to have shaders set to ON in the settings and of course play in the DX9 mode.

Arzeal said:
Weaver said:
Azreal, no way you can kill 6 goblin riders, armed only with a two-handed spear and beginners low combat skills. :smile:

Tralfaz, i had those problems with weird texture colouration too and switching from dx9 to dx7 did the trick for me. nothing else worked.
Well, I actually fool around Dales trainning ground for hours and get to level 3 with over 100 pole arm skills, so I don't have any problem killing them  :lol:
Erabor barrack only have single combat trainning, wonder if that's a feature.

Is there anyway to expand or switch Area of Operation for factions after closet opponent are defeated? After camping several weeks near the isolated Mt.Gor-bak smth (orange one near Mirkwoods) I noticed that they still moved their army out quite often, but they just hanged around the base. When I lured them back to Dales & Erabor lands for some Influence points, the lords' army most of the times always patrol around their bases as well.
Yeah, same thing with Knights of Rivendell. I don't know, they have the sword, but they don't use it. Just some hand and shield fighting.

Anyone managed to get past sieging outposts and actually removing factions yet?

The war marshal quest is definately bugged, many times I've had it and they never attack anyone.

I'm putting in HOURS trying to get further, but the stupid lord AI's just never attack.

before someone said I have to weaken them first well guess what, mirkwood elves 9930 unmatched currently concentrating on rhun 515 spend and wavering! and yet all they do is "consider next objective" or scout. there are 3 allied armies of 300+ men scouting around the enemy base of 200 men and they do nothing.

the only way I got them so weak is by abusing AI and forcing them to fight by waiting outside the outpost then luring them to allies.

not sure how much is bugged or working as intended but it defo needs a look at. maybe when I get rhun to 0 something will happen but its too much grind even if im luring the 200+ armies.

Banok said:
Anyone managed to get past sieging outposts and actually removing factions yet?

The war marshal quest is definately bugged, many times I've had it and they never attack anyone.

I'm putting in HOURS trying to get further, but the stupid lord AI's just never attack.

before someone said I have to weaken them first well guess what, mirkwood elves 9930 unmatched currently concentrating on rhun 515 spend and wavering! and yet all they do is "consider next objective" or scout. there are 3 allied armies of 300+ men scouting around the enemy base of 200 men and they do nothing.

the only way I got them so weak is by abusing AI and forcing them to fight by waiting outside the outpost then luring them to allies.

not sure how much is bugged or working as intended but it defo needs a look at. maybe when I get rhun to 0 something will happen but its too much grind even if im luring the 200+ armies.
We removed Rhun
- Factions have a theatre of operation. When they kill all enemies in this theatre, they will move.
All I described happens after we razed Rhuns  :razz: So in the last play I turned on cheats and found no enemy parties around Dwarven/Dales/Mirkwoods and they didn't move.
Maybe there's a bug with few 0 men party hanging around with Rhun prisoners?

If you can grind them to 0 or lower (not easy to do), they will be defeated too.
Oooh, how about the garrisions? Does it count toward faction strength too?

Factions die when they lose their capital, or more likely, when their strength is zero or less.
Strength is a number - it's not a formula counting parties or locations.
It increases naturally over time. It increases when the factions wins battles, decreases when factions lose battles.

Ergo, find enemy parties and defeat them. The bigger the party, the greater the decrease of their faction strength. Defeat several in a row for maximum impact.
If you can't find more parties, patrol around their towns - some parties will always spawn, although the number depends on faction strength and towns owned.

Also, your marshall will more likely go to siege something if you join him and wait close by until he decides what to do. Otherwise he won't count on your party when gauging if he's strong enough to siege an enemy town. Ok guys?

Back
Top Bottom