Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir_Kakru said:
M&B always crashes when I should kill the remaining soldiers who have retreated to the "castle" when I siege Uruk-Hai River Camp (or something like that).
Hm, defenders should never "retreat to the castle" in any siege. We switched off the functionality, not to mention there is no castles in camps. Do you have any other sieges with this bug?

Boooster said:
-  The Elven training ground has everyone spawn super close to you for single combat.. so you can really train archery too effectively.
-  Is it possible to disable the "fog" weather?  I know this is an issue with Vanilla M&B, but having 4 days of fog is a real pain in the ass since it doesn't affect the AI
- fixed in next patch
- yes it is possible. We would have our own fog engine in later patches, with proper Mordor gray fog creeping over Gondor battlefields when War starts

I haven't been in any other sieges yet. But in that siege it says we must defeat them before we can take the settlement.
The message comes twice, there are no problems the first time but the second time my game crashes.

Two questions. What is the maximum rank in the army of Gondor? And if you get the possibility of wearing banners?
P.S. The best mod ever. I playing it almost continuously since it was released.  :grin:

GetAssista said:
We have tons of non-fighting related ideas (including a dozen of quests) that did not make it into first beta release, stay tuned. Still, first task for us is to balance combat and fix critical bugs, so that TLD has good and fun fighting and smooth transition between fightings. Gameplay, especially strategic one, needs a lot of balancing a bit later down the line, with all the AI issues included. This is the task that can't be done internally, dev team (that lately had 4 active members) has too little time on hands to play the game extensively.
Compared to other WB mods: what will never make it into TLD is kingdom management or industry or extended diplomacy/aristocracy. No place for that in MiddleEarth. I did not see any other significant additions to gameplay, that other big mods offered.
Well, I suppose there is a lack of big "BETA" in the name of the mod, which leds to many misunderstandings.
I know that it's stated in the description in the first post, but there's more about bugs than not implemented features for the release :smile:

This is for all those wondering the physical appearance of trolls:

J.R.R._Tolkien_-_The_Trolls.jpg

As you can see, they are definitely not as muscular as portrayed in the films. The drawing is made by Tolkien himself, me thinks.

HUtH said:
Well, I suppose there is a lack of big "BETA" in the name of the mod, which leds to many misunderstandings.
I know that it's stated in the description in the first post, but there's more about bugs than not implemented features for the release :smile:
You seem to have quite peculiar views on modding scene. First you stated that a fact of download by a player is the single most important thing and should make modders jump with glee, at the same time giving a player broad mandate for offensive language ("hey, I dl ur mod, now listen to my crap!"). Now you seem to imply that the first release of a big mod is not a beta, unless stated otherwise in the very title... What planet are you living on, good sir?

Also you dodged my question about what specific gameplay features that other big mods have, are so lacking in TLD. We would eagerly consider adding them.

The list of planned and non-implemented yet features is too long to spend our precious time on writing. Nor should it be handed out early. We are not premature braggards after all. The features will be added when they will be added. Some of them might never make it if we dont have enough time

HUtH said:
GetAssista said:
We have tons of non-fighting related ideas (including a dozen of quests) that did not make it into first beta release, stay tuned. Still, first task for us is to balance combat and fix critical bugs, so that TLD has good and fun fighting and smooth transition between fightings. Gameplay, especially strategic one, needs a lot of balancing a bit later down the line, with all the AI issues included. This is the task that can't be done internally, dev team (that lately had 4 active members) has too little time on hands to play the game extensively.
Compared to other WB mods: what will never make it into TLD is kingdom management or industry or extended diplomacy/aristocracy. No place for that in MiddleEarth. I did not see any other significant additions to gameplay, that other big mods offered.

Unfortunately every negative post like your series slightly lowers the motivation of developers to do more free work in the future. Don't forget you are not entitled to anything, not even support. It's free and freely given, so please at least show some appreciation for the tons of effort, if you don't like the mod, instead of finding ways to nitpick.

YourStepDad said:
This mod is forbidden fruit for me, Officially stopped playing until the next patch. :sad: Constant crashes even with Enhanced M&B.
The next patch is not likely to solve your problems. Lower all graphics settings, battle size etc. until you can play it. It's usually that simple, unless you really have a low-end machine.

MadVader said:
Unfortunately every negative post like your series slightly lowers the motivation of developers to do more free work in the future.
Nah, I does not lower mine the slightest. In fact I enjoy ridiculing "peciliar" statements (this is my drawback, I should be more diplomatic). But what can I do, this is Internetz :smile:
Note also, that some people just enjoy being negative and that's it. That's ok, this is life, and we on the recieving end should just make sure it does not affect our nerves and inner selves. So far HUtH did not bring any useful information with him, but if he in fact will have some useful ideas or suggestions for the mod development, I'll certainly use them regardless of his "pecularity".

I think, cause he said hes using enhanced version, its probably not a problem of his hardware but the win7 issue with m&b.
getting crashes myself in big battles constantly at the very beginning of each fight with more then lets say 100 combatants, and i considering my rig being pretty top notch.
im already considering win xp as secondary os just to play this gem:wink:

GetAssista <- you're exaggerating, and I don't want to come back to those matters...

I don't play many mods, but there are non-fighting features in PoP(heartbeat quests, companion talkings), Brytenwalda: tavern games, unique locations with different content, bards, hunting, flirting, some random and decision events and wife(but it's WB) and children.

MadVader <- that one you answering was also negative? eh, sorry, but this is beta, so don't know what's wrong.
And I wrote I'm sorry and that I'm grateful here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199243.msg4841102.html#msg4841102

HUtH said:
Well, whatever I would write, will be panned
I'm lost forever here :razz:

If there isn't already implemented a player chest somewhere, I guess that would be my only suggestion at this point.  I would like a place to store all of my "phat lewt" (ie: factional armours, weapons and whatnot.)

Nicodemus said:
If there isn't already implemented a player chest somewhere, I guess that would be my only suggestion at this point.  I would like a place to store all of my "phat lewt" (ie: factional armours, weapons and whatnot.)
When you spoke to your faction leader first time, he mentioned it. (hint: on level 10 in your faction capital)

Fantastic mod!!! but I have a problem!

When I fight with orcs or other monsters like that I can't hit him in any way

I think The problem is the model skeleton, what I have to do?

Okay thanks...I'll try to find it.  I'm with Gondor...don't remember Denethor saying anything about it, but then I confess I was pretty excited playing the game and might have missed the reference.

Elfy said:
And what does it say in the RGL log...? Windy_flora, perhaps? There's option for you in that case.
Have no idea where that'd be, just started it today, but I'll take a look at it.

Just looked at the rgl log, and
"Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Loading tracks
load_map_data complete.
Init_map complete.
init_meta_mission complete.
map mesh built.
get_ideal_sun_color.
get_ideal_fog_color.
parties added.
launch complete.
Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg begin_setup end_setup begin_setup end_setup Error: Unable to load bandit_fight.ogg Error: Unable to load fight_while_mounted_1.ogg Error: Unable to load fight_while_mounted_2.ogg Error: Unable to load fight_3.ogg Error: Unable to load victorious_neutral_3.ogg Error: Unable to load lords_hall_vaegir.ogg Error: Unable to load travel_neutral.ogg Error: Unable to load mounted_snow_terrain_calm.ogg Error: Unable to load lords_hall_swadian.ogg Error: Unable to load lords_hall_rhodok.ogg Error: Unable to load mounted_snow_terrain_calm.ogg Error: Unable to load lords_hall_nord.ogg Error: Unable to load lords_hall_rhodok.ogg Error: Unable to load travel_neutral.ogg Error: Unable to load outdoor_beautiful_land.ogg Error: Unable to load town_neutral.ogg Error: Unable to load lords_hall_nord.ogg Error: Unable to load travel_neutral.ogg Error: Unable to load uncertain_homestead.ogg Error: Unable to load armorer.ogg begin_setup end_setup Saving Game... Creating new savegame file... Saving header... Saving game state... Closing new save game file... Backing up old file name... Removing old backup file. Renaming old savegame to backup file. Renaming new savegame file. Savegame succeded... Error: Unable to load uncertain_homestead.ogg Error: Unable to load town_nord.ogg begin_setup end_setup Error: Unable to load arena_1.ogg Error: Unable to load arena_1.ogg begin_setup end_setup Error: Unable to load town_neutral.ogg Saving Game... Creating new savegame file... Saving header... Saving game state... Closing new save game file... Backing up old file name... Removing old backup file. Renaming old savegame to backup file. Renaming new savegame file. Savegame succeded... Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Error: Unable to load intro_wd.ogg Saving options..." 

Wild guess, but I THINK there may be a problem with the intro_wd.ogg file.

To the devs for their request for feedback on what to implement aside from fighting, I thought I'd throw a few ideas out there:

-  Have a scavenger hunt type quest of sorts; this can be different from the go to x and bring back y.. maybe have a few map pieces scattered around the world where each piece has a clue to the next one.  Eventually it can lead you to a treasure or a grail type object that you can present to the faction of your choice for exp, rank, influence, or possibly a boon.  A quest of this nature should take a long time to complete (like can only advance to the next part after 20 days of the previous part, etc.).  Can have one version for good and one for bad.

-  Similar to Prophesy of Pendor (another amazing mod), where you can buy treasure maps that spawn lairs you can attack for loot.  You can receive word from scouts or foragers if your rep is high enough and you donate some troops about a small camp of elite units they saw in the general vicinity.  Forcing you to donate troops would mean this isn't as easily exploited as just tapping "Do you have any tasks" a hundred times until something pops up.

-  Special encounters in specific areas of maps.  Similar like Fangorn Forest with the Ents, certain areas can have a small percentage chance of finding loot, getting ambushed, discovering something interesting (can tie in with the first point as well).  It could make wandering in Mordor very cool - if you go in with a large party you have a very high chance of facing a random encounter every few steps, but a smaller party can have an easier time to sneak into it.. can also have scouting/pathfinder or elves/rangers in party affect this.  This is similar to random encounters in RPGs, but can add an element of danger in Mordor that would make it more realistic when good parties wander around without having a million armies on the map.

That's all I could come up with for now.

Back
Top Bottom