Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

@GetAssista
"You" means you specifically, "your kind" means your kind related to you personally. Any other questions or misunderstandings? Let's resolve them in a polite and civil manner :smile:
I know what does it mean... I think you didn't understand my answer.

looks like unrelated stream of consciousness to me. Sorry.
Pity that your cognitive possibilities are that low.

GetAssista, I don't get it why you brought this discussion to this and didn't answer essentially...
It's sad that dev can't normally discuss, but only makes fun of somebody.
I just hope you won't be angry for me that I dare to play this mod a little more.

@AK47
AK47 said:
Well, given that you've played a sufficient length of time yet failed to provide so much as a single bug report, I'd say he's correct in your lack of contribution to the general community.
I played one hour. Sorry for my poor tester skillz.
BTW, I think that every person who have played any mod just once is a contributor.

im getting the message get sheder failed windy_flora too... and ive read the manual like a thousand times , and i cant figure out what the problem is... so if anyone could help me that would be super!
this is what i have done:
ive unzipped tld 3.0 into E/programs.... mount and blade/modules
then i have launched the ironlauncher in the tld folder, and the tld trailer pops up and when its done i choose tld instead of native... and when its done loading it chrashes saying get sheader failed: windy_flora

could the problem be that ive bought M&B with steam?

saxondragon said:
Hello all,

I wanted to drop a quick note to tell everyone who has worked on this mod "Thank you" and that your years of work is deeply appreciated. 
This is a very well crafted, thought out and executed endeavor.  I know that I will be playing it for a very long time.
Over the years I have been silently watching your progress, and I will admit to my own confusion over exactly who is involved with the Development team. 
I would be appreciative if someone could post a list of those who contributed to this body of work.

kindest regards,

Saxondragon

Thank you! Much appreciated, coming from you!

I put the (incomplete) contributor list here (2nd post):

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2465.0.html

Bozo91 said:
im getting the message get sheder failed windy_flora too... and ive read the manual like a thousand times , and i cant figure out what the problem is... so if anyone could help me that would be super!
then i have launched the ironlauncher in the tld folder, and the tld trailer pops up and when its done i choose tld instead of native... and when its done loading it chrashes saying get sheader failed: windy_flora

2. Unzip mod to Modules/TLD. Go there, find the folder named Data. It contains all the files that are needed to overwrite core M&B files for TLD to run.
2.1 Take all *.brf files and copy them to M&B/CommonRes/ folder. Overwrite when asked.
2.2 Take all *.txt and *.xml files and copy them to M&B/Data/ folder. Overwrite when asked.
2.3 Take all the remaining files and copy them to M&B/ folder. Overwrite when asked.
2.4 Now you have all critical files in place to run TLD. Be warned that M&B in this setup will work only with TLD. Native and other mods will not run.
2.5 …
3. Profit! Launch M&B, choose TLD from module menu and enjoy.

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

saxondragon said:
Bozo91 said:

2. Unzip mod to Modules/TLD. Go there, find the folder named Data. It contains all the files that are needed to overwrite core M&B files for TLD to run.
2.1 Take all *.brf files and copy them to M&B/CommonRes/ folder. Overwrite when asked.
2.2 Take all *.txt and *.xml files and copy them to M&B/Data/ folder. Overwrite when asked.
2.3 Take all the remaining files and copy them to M&B/ folder. Overwrite when asked.
2.4 Now you have all critical files in place to run TLD. Be warned that M&B in this setup will work only with TLD. Native and other mods will not run.
2.5 …
3. Profit! Launch M&B, choose TLD from module menu and enjoy.

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

THANK YOU!!!

I was just looking for a solution as well, and had trouble registering to the forums. Thanks Saxondragon!

Real sorry for the newbie question, but do I really need to get the enhanced version of 1.011? It's not much of a problem to me, but I've spent the last 3 hours downloading TLD (30-40 kb/sec isn't fast), and I wonder if I really need it, I run Vista, not Windows 7. Will it cause game-damaging problems? I did read the installation guide, and I see that the enhanced version is recommended, but do I really need to have it?

Sinistar said:
Real sorry for the newbie question, but do I really need to get the enhanced version of 1.011? It's not much of a problem to me, but I've spent the last 3 hours downloading TLD (30-40 kb/sec isn't fast), and I wonder if I really need it, I run Vista, not Windows 7. Will it cause game-damaging problems? I did read the installation guide, and I see that the enhanced version is recommended, but do I really need to have it?

it helps with performance and reduces crashes greatly. A few pages ago Swyter posted an upload for the Enhanced .exe, that should be enough for you. Just download that and overwrite your own.

HUtH said:
BTW, I think that every person who have played any mod just once is a contributor.
1257443836328.jpg

A player is a consumer, a player who also helps in the production of the mod is a contributor.

Merlkir said:
Sinistar said:

it helps with performance and reduces crashes greatly. A few pages ago Swyter posted an upload for the Enhanced .exe, that should be enough for you. Just download that and overwrite your own.
Thanks a lot for the answer, I'm sure I'll love your mod.

i also tried copying the files... and it specifikly says that ALL the files needed are in the data folder. so i go into my data folder but there are no files ending with *txt or *xml only some with *brf ... so i tried copying them into M&B/CommonRes/ and ofcourse it doesnt work

Jaume said:
- Do not have many options, such as follow me, forward ten steps, as Warband.

These exist, but they use different controls to Warband.

Press backspace to bring up a list of all commands.
Press F6 for walk forward
press F2 for follow me.

k so i coppied all the remaining files in the data folder into M&B ... and now i can get into the game but all the letters are messed up so i cant read anything... sry if im getting a litle frustrating but i would really like to play this game

Been playing for about four hours with no hicups.

Just trying to work out how to set up my party.  I'm playing as a dwarf.  Leaning towards the bulk of my party being dwarven axe/spearmen with some archers from Dale to back them up. 

I haven't checked but I'm guessing the eleven units, while more skilled, will be more expensive.  Maybe later on in the game I'll recruit some elves.

Also, are all the items meant to be pretty average?  I'm finding it hard to find a decent twohanded war axe as a dwarf or any real decent armour either.

I downloaded from the M&B Repository, and am having hundreds of errors unzipping with WinRawr, majority seem to be sounds and music.

Trying to download the Rapidshare version now.

Oh hell, I knew this will happen...

So, is there any way to decrease the amount of trees in the forest battlefields? I'm suffering a great slide-show in that scenes. Especially it's not fair to fight in the wood on the Pelennor fields (i mean I could avoid forest battles when I simply don't see trees on the global map, but in some places you see no trees on the map, but when you enter the battle it's a hell of a forest).

Atla said:
I downloaded from the M&B Repository, and am having hundreds of errors unzipping with WinRawr, majority seem to be sounds and music.

Trying to download the Rapidshare version now.

WinRar won't handle this archive, it's been packed in 7zip with the Ultra setting. YOu need to get 7zip.

Bozo91 said:
k so i coppied all the remaining files in the data folder into M&B ... and now i can get into the game but all the letters are messed up so i cant read anything... sry if im getting a litle frustrating but i would really like to play this game

you need to copy the files to the correct folders, not just into one folder. Clearly you need to copy at least the font file somewhere else.

trueten said:
Oh hell, I knew this will happen...

So, is there any way to decrease the amount of trees in the forest battlefields? I'm suffering a great slide-show in that scenes. Especially it's not fair to fight in the wood on the Pelennor fields (i mean I could avoid forest battles when I simply don't see trees on the global map, but in some places you see no trees on the map, but when you enter the battle it's a hell of a forest).

Nothing for trees, really :sad: Gotta improve performance some other way perhaps. Check the manual for optimization tips.

Thanks to Goker - we now have an install guide in Turkish! In the second post of this thread.

yes but in the manual it says that i need to copy the *brf files into commonres. and the *txt and *xml into the data folder... but i have no txt or xml files in my tld/data folder... and ive downloaded the game twice from 2 different mirrors

first bug found !!!! (screen later perhaps)

=> in moria, you can get the king, the tomb is bugged (said 3 red message "op code something..."), if you ask to talk to the chief in menu the chief doesnt show either

about the install, follow the installation instruction at END of pdf not at start, the pdf shows 2 different install ways, better to make the end one

Bozo91 said:
yes but in the manual it says that i need to copy the *brf files into commonres. and the *txt and *xml into the data folder... but i have no txt or xml files in my tld/data folder... and ive downloaded the game twice from 2 different mirrors

did you use 7zip to unpack the file you downloaded? The files ARE in the folder in the package, something you did made them not get copied. (I think)

Back
Top Bottom