Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sinistar said:
I'm excited. By the way, will Influence still play a major role in the mod, as it did in the .808 version?

Influence, rank, faction resources are the currencies in game. All very important.

Merlkir said:
It crashes for me all the time. For reference - 2GB RAM on Win7.
Are you playing on max settings?

Damn, my PC is 9-year old. I have only 128 Mb video, RAM 512 and 1.7 ghz. I hope I'll be able to play on minimum settings. I did play PoP 3 (for M&B) smoothly even though 50%+ of its' models didn't have any LODs at all.

perkins said:
looks good but i swear that the easterlings wear heavy armor in the books and flims???

is that a question? I understand it not.

Merlkir said:
perkins said:
looks good but i swear that the easterlings wear heavy armor in the books and flims???

is that a question? I understand it not.
on the models post the easterlings are wearing barely any armor and resemble tribesmen more than anything else but i thought that the books said they work gleaming heavy armor

perkins said:
on the models post the easterlings are wearing barely any armor and resemble tribesmen more than anything else but i thought that the books said they work gleaming heavy armor

There are no "Easterlings" as a faction in TLD.
Our Easterlings are comprised of separate forces of Rhun and forces of Khand.

Rhun are modelled mainly as barbaric-type steppe nomads, with heavy gleaming armour only for top tier warriors and lords.
Khand are more asiatic in appearance even, generally quite heavily armoured, with very armoured cavalry as well.

Triglav said:
perkins said:

There are no "Easterlings" as a faction in TLD.
Our Easterlings are comprised of separate forces of Rhun and forces of Khand.

Rhun are modelled mainly as barbaric-type steppe nomads, with heavy armour only for top tier warriors.
Khand are generally quite heavily armoured, with very armoured cavalry as well.
hmm fair enough..... it would be good to see the easterlings though... one of the 9 is their king (forgoten his name

perkins said:
and if there are no easterlings then why have you called them easterlings in the description??

"no easterlings as a faction"

Not that there aren't any easterlings at all. Men from Khand and Rhun are all Easterlings. You've seen the movies, you remember the spiky golden armours. They're not based on the books, we don't have them.

The question has been bugging me a while now.... are there a lot of companions available for both sides in the mod? ((I like having lots of companions))

Merlkir said:
perkins said:
and if there are no easterlings then why have you called them easterlings in the description??

"no easterlings as a faction"

Not that there aren't any easterlings at all. Men from Khand and Rhun are all Easterlings. You've seen the movies, you remember the spiky golden armours. They're not based on the books, we don't have them.
ive read the books and seen the movies and the books do describe the easterlings as heavily armed and armored

perkins said:
I've read the books and seen the movies and the books do describe the easterlings as heavily armed and armored

Citation needed.

Anyway, we have both lightly and heavily armoured Easterlings.

Conners said:
The question has been bugging me a while now.... are there a lot of companions available for both sides in the mod? ((I like having lots of companions))

Depends on your definition of "a lot".

"Easterlings with axes, and Variags of Khand"

"And the Easterlings were strong and war-hardened and asked for no quarter"

Only things I found about Easterlings in 5 minutes from The Battle of the Pelennor Fields-chapter.

Merlkir said:
perkins said:
I've read the books and seen the movies and the books do describe the easterlings as heavily armed and armored

Citation needed.

Anyway, we have both lightly and heavily armoured Easterlings.

Conners said:

Depends on your definition of "a lot".
these are the guys sinistar means :smile:
During the War of the Ring itself, Easterlings are described as perhaps belonging to more than one culture, plus the Variags of Khand. One group is described as a "new" kind of Easterling that the men of Gondor had previously not encountered; fierce bearded men with axes.

The Easterlings from Rhûn were Men who lived in the east of Middle-earth, and were enemies of the Free Peoples. Their Kings and Queens were allies of Sauron. They were described as, broad, stout, dark haired and bearded like dwarves in the Tolkien Bestiary. They had dark toning of the iris-colors (Eye colors such as Green, Grey, Blue, and Brown) in their wide eyes, and black hair that was cut short on men and shoulder-length on women. <<< description of the ruhnic people

The Easterling culture was at a high level, and their smiths were almost as advanced as Gondorian smiths. Rhûn was one of the richest countries in Middle-earth and had mountains full of easily obtained copper, iron, and Gold with which they had access to vast resources of money and raw materials. The country's rich supplies of every kind of resource were enough to easily feed, clothe, and grant wealth to the nation's entire populace as well as granted Rhun's masterful smiths the time to make grandly exquisite armour and weapons of near unparalleled quality and effectiveness. Rhûnic armor was made from brass, along with the helmet; its dragon-skull-shape was made to intimidate enemies. <<< ruhn armor

it also states in the book that around 7000 easterlings stood their ground at pelenor and fought to the last

Elfy said:
Still citation needed for your previous message, that was copied from the One Wiki.
yep it was :smile: and they generaly base that off the books and films (and other documents writen by tolken on the different races and languages)

Back
Top Bottom