Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr.Fresh said:
I got it to work by running Iron Launcher as administrator.

This may be very important in Win7! Be careful about it, but this could be at the root of many of you guys' problems.

My Mount and Blade.exe is around 2.3 worth of MB. I'm running the game through the IronLauncher.exe that came with TLD. I'm running it in 1.011, but still I get this RGL error that everyone else seems to be having. What might be wrong?

Ccx55 said:
My Mount and Blade.exe is around 2.3 worth of MB. I'm running the game through the IronLauncher.exe that came with TLD. I'm running it in 1.011, but still I get this RGL error that everyone else seems to be having. What might be wrong?

See one post above, you can try that. Also if the launcher still won't work, try following the instructions in the Manual. (copying files manually)

Worked just fine for me, played about 20 minutes, no crashes. Pathing does seem a bit off in some areas (acts as though there is impassable terrain where it appears to be open forest, and the water texture on the world map is black (running with DX9 settings). Other than the fact that a fellow dwarf of Erebor told me to bugger off because my kind weren't any help around here (and he may well have just been crotchety), perfectly smooth.
But holy crap the fugitives are not to be toyed with. :razz:

Merlkir said:
See one post above, you can try that. Also if the launcher still won't work, try following the instructions in the Manual. (copying files manually)

I'm running Vista, but I tried running it as administrator anyway. No change.

I'd prefer not to do it manually, since it would restrict me from using Star Wars: Conquest as well. Although, if it's the only way to fix it..

Dryvus said:
Worked just fine for me, played about 20 minutes, no crashes. Pathing does seem a bit off in some areas (acts as though there is impassable terrain where it appears to be open forest, and the water texture on the world map is black (running with DX9 settings). Other than the fact that a fellow dwarf of Erebor told me to bugger off because my kind weren't any help around here (and he may well have just been crotchety), perfectly smooth.
But holy crap the fugitives are not to be toyed with. :razz:

1. some areas are not passable on purpose. Sorry about that, it's for party movement balance.
2. for the water shader - try disabling antialiasing in MaB itself (and instead put it on in your graphics card drivers, if you want to have AA). Also Alt+tab out and back sometimes helps.

so,am i doing it right?
install enhanced M&B
placed TLD into the modules,lounched ironlauncher...

this is from RLG_LOG

Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
Loading mission templates...
Loading party templates...
Loading Textures...
ERROR: get_shader failed for: windy_flora

So I turned off anti-aliasing in the configuration screen, and now get the windy_flora error. The loading text is also messed up. Turned it back on and it's still borked. I guess that'll teach me to stop playing.

I have played for an hour now and I'm completely impressed by the quality of this mod. The details of the towns, of the GUI-graphics, of the voices and the models of e.g. tribal orcs......it is just amazing :!: Really very talented people in TLD team.

Uhh well... I did everything accordingly... EXCEPT that I runned it normally... I just opened the normal M&B and chose the TLD. Works just fine, no
lag or no crashes for 30mins of playing.

And now some feedback:

Scenes are very cleverly constructed (Morannon, Isengard, Moria at least), sounds are amazing (love the orc dying
breath) and orcs in general are amazing. The game systems, as expected are also magnificent.

Thus far I've found only two things I find "disturbing" (not really  :razz:), those are the (native?) stone texture in the start of the caverns
of Isengard and one flickering board on the ground I found  :smile:

I'll wake up tomorrow at 8am (GMT +2) to play this, school starts at 10:00  :lol:

so,am i doing it right?
install enhanced M&B

this is from RLG_LOG

Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
Loading Textures...

If Iron launcher doesn't work just do the manual file-moving. I didn't even try the Iron Launcher  :razz:

kuauik said:
so,am i doing it right?
install enhanced M&B
Yes. If it does not work, they you 1) try run ironlauncher as Admin or 2) copy needed files manually as described in manual

smurfin said:
Retard question here, do we just install the enchanced M&B into our M&B folder?
Should be safe yes. But even better would be to install it in a separate folder exclusively for TLD

kuauik said:
so,am i doing it right?
install enhanced M&B

this is from RLG_LOG

Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
Loading Textures...

yep, that sounds about right. You didn't move the Iron Launcher anywhere? It needs to be in the TLD folder.
Have you tried running it as Administrator?
(the there's always the manual copying of files approach)

Dryvus said:
So I turned off anti-aliasing in the configuration screen, and now get the windy_flora error. The loading text is also messed up. Turned it back on and it's still borked. I guess that'll teach me to stop playing.

that is crazy. You ran the game with the Launcher, or the standard MaB way with overwritten files?

Ive got a few problems with starting it up, ive ran over the faq a few times and tried all methods but i keep getting the "get shader failed for windy_flora" error oh and why is the text all messed up on loading up?

Sef OK b said:
Ive got a few problems with starting it up, ive ran over the faq a few times and tried all methods but i keep getting the "get shader failed for windy_flora" error oh and why is the text all messed up on loading up?
this

Sef OK b said:

kuauik said:
Sef OK b said:
this

it's simple - for some reason the game is not loading our shaders. See, I can tell you what's wrong, but not why it's this way. :/

Merlkir said:
Dryvus said:

that is crazy. You ran the game with the Launcher, or the standard MaB way with overwritten files?

I installed the game with Iron Launcher, but both times when I ran the game I used the M&B launch screen.

Back
Top Bottom