Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

foofligner said:
Didn't see that. The instructions should be posted on the front of the page for all to see.

That is true. And so it actually is - see the second post on the first page.

To be fair - the Manual is also included in the file you downloaded.

PLEASE

Write normal Installation Instructions for human beings. I'm not sure I can reproduce such vague steps in faq, and I think I'm not the only one who can't. :sad:

Gamefront link downloading at over 600kbps  :shock: Very unusual for my cruddy internet. I encourage people to try that mirror if they are getting a slower download by MB Repository.

Amateur said:
PLEASE

Write normal Installation Instructions for human beings. I'm not sure I can reproduce such vague steps in faq, and I think I'm not the only one who can't. :sad:

The installation is very straightforward. It gets slightly more complex in case the Iron Launcher is not working for you, but it's still only copying a couple of files into three different folders.

What exactly do you find vague?

Hello! I found the instructions a bit wonky as well. The key is that the actual instructions are included towards the bottom of the manual. 4.2 Installation.

0. Installation instructions
Read carefully!!!
TLD is a mod that heavily modifies the original game. So unzipping it to Modules/TLD is not
enough for it to work as intended (in fact, game will not run at all). To run the game you need
to launch it through a special launcher, IronLauncher.exe, which is located in mod folder. The
launcher will swap all the necessary M&B files with versions suitable for TLD, play TLD intro,
then launch the game itself. On exit it will swap all the files back, so that you can play other
mods.
We tried to provide a coherently working installer and launcher, but if you have any problems
launching the game through IronLauncher.exe read the following
Troubleshooter:
0. This mod is NOT for Mount&Blade Warband (yet) or Mount&Blade WFaS (ever)
1. Preferably have a clean installation of Mount&Blade 1.011 to use with TLD exclusively, else
you will have to juggle M&B core files if you would want to play both TLD and other mods.
1.1 Even more preferably, download and install enhanced version of M&B (more stable, with
many fixes). You can get enhanced version from Taleworlds official site using this link:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199418.0.html
Use the link, not the official download page. The latter has old inferior version for god knows
what reason. If you have mount&blade.exe file 2Mb in size, you already have enhanced version,
congratulations. If your mount&blade.exe file is 3+ Mb in size, you have an older inferior
version, and we strongly advise to reinstall M&B using enhanced version - it will be more stable
in all the mods. You can safely reinstall atop your current M&B copy.
2. Unzip mod to Modules/TLD. Go there, find the folder named Data. It contains all the files
that are needed to overwrite core M&B files for TLD to run.
2.1 Take all *.brf files and copy them to M&B/CommonRes/ folder. Overwrite when asked.
2.2 Take all *.txt and *.xml files and copy them to M&B/Data/ folder. Overwrite when asked.
2.3 Take all the remaining files and copy them to M&B/ folder. Overwrite when asked.
2.4 Now you have all critical files in place to run TLD. Be warned that M&B in this setup will
work only with TLD. Native and other mods will not run.

2.5 …
3. Profit! Launch M&B, choose TLD from module menu and enjoy.

You include the troubleshooting instructions BEFORE the actual standard instructions found AFTER the manual itself in section 4.2

4.2 Installation
We suggest you install the MnB Enhanced 1.011. If your mount&blade.exe file has about 2 MB
size, you’ve got the proper version most likely. If its size is different (over 3 MB for example),
you’ve got the buggy 1.011 version.
You can get the Enhanced version here (and other places):
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2595
http://www.shacknews.com/file/28750/mount-blade-client-1011-enhanced-version
Installation of the mod is pretty simple. Download the mod package from one of the mirrors in
the release thread (or from ModDB, Repository and a couple of other places) and unpack it
(using WinRaR or something similar) into the “Modules” folder of your clean Mount and Blade
installation.
You run the mod using the Iron Launcher from inside the TLD folder.

This all sounds quite complex to a noobie, who doesn't realize you don't need to troubleshoot UNLESS THE IRONLAUNCHER DOESNT WORK.

This being said, I just launched, and played 1 round of Helm's Deep and had a BLAST. This is truly excellent.

Merlkir said:
Amateur said:
PLEASE

The installation is very straightforward. It gets slightly more complex in case the Iron Launcher is not working for you, but it's still only copying a couple of files into three different folders.

What exactly do you find vague?
Oh, sorry, i didn't saw step 2. But why didn't you reproduced M&B folder structure in Data folder to simplify replacment? Instead of forcing user to pick different types of files manually.

Merlkir said:
Darth Crow said:
Well, when I run the IronLauncher, a I get a short message; "IronLauncher is working" which dissapears in an instant, then nothing happens. So I run it through the normal launcher...

That is strange and should not happen. The Iron Launcher takes a moment, but it should work. The normal one will not work unless you copy the files manually as specified in the Manual.

i think you should write a bot who posts "read the effin manual you ****s" every 5 minutes :grin:

Amateur said:
Oh, sorry, i didn't saw step 2. But why didn't you reproduced M&B folder structure in Data folder to simplify replacment? Instead of forcing user to pick different types of files manually.

It's this way because of the way the Iron Launcher works (which is not our tool btw). It may be changed to be more intuitive in the future, but it seemed pretty straightforward to us.  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom