Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

And there was much joy in the land of Taleworlds:

the-lord-of-the-rings-online-shadows-of-angmar-20070223094338754.jpg

*Waiting for Trig's "Nah guys, it was a joke  :lol:" message*

In the meantime:
WHEEE **** YEAH HYPE HYPE HYPE WOLOLOLOLO WUHUUUUUUUU

****, I just have a few days left to think about what I am going to play. Crap, help me decide, wheres the list of factions?

Did you by the way do anything to the animations? Recently saw a gameplay video of the old Mount & Blade again and I was unpleasantly reminded how much the animations improved with Warband.

MY VACATION ENDED TODAY!!! This is just not fair.... But aaanyway now I`m gonna start hyping so hard Europe will be turned into a real life Mordor by the time this comes out...

Congratulations!
No matter how good (or bad) it'll be, solely working 4 years on one project deserves a massive amount of respect.
Much respect to the team!

Regards

It's strange. The approaching release brings back memories of 2006/07 when there were releases and the almost instant bugfixes and patches that AW and the team put out tirelessly. It demands great respect having watched this mod grow and develop over the years, seeing how dedicated the team is to bringing us the release for 1.011. A big congrats to the team that have worked so hard since 2.4, can't wait to get bug reportin'!

Lord,
I've been out of the game for a while, mostly playing around when I get a few moments. But I haven't posted on these forums in months, and I miss the hell out of it. I've been following from the shadows of course, and keeping tabs on old friends and promising mods. And since the .808 I've been hungry for action. I really do salute you dedicated bastards, may your balls tingle with success.

The Taleworld's Team will be most happy when the new TLD is placed online.  Just imagine how many people will download the mod.  Hell, they might even start charging people to pay for the bandwidth.    :wink:

FS

Yeah, and then they'll write "Sorry, people, due to TLD been released the work on M&B 2 is frozen on an uncertain period.
Deal with it."

On a serious note. When Triglav posted screens with Gondor troops, I've noticed that the graphic setting were kinda medium. Although I hope I was wrong and my eyes are cheating me, but is TLD has relatively higher requirements then the vanilla M&B?

trueten said:
On a serious note. When Triglav posted screens with Gondor troops, I've noticed that the graphic setting were kinda medium. Although I hope I was wrong and my eyes are cheating me, but is TLD has relatively higher requirements then the vanilla M&B?

A lot higher, yes. Have much RAM ready!

Comparison:

M&B Textures: <200MB
TLD Textures: >700MB

M&B Resources: <80MB
TLD Resources: 285MB

M&B Sounds: <10MB
TLD Sounds: 180MB

Some of this may still get clipped before release, but it's mainly that. It is a BIG mod. We optimised it best we could & it runs quite well on a decent machine (even laptops in my and GetAssista's case), but on all settings maxed, it will struggle, and if you don't have enough RAM, it will likely crash often (particularly in battles when it loads all those models and textures).

Edit:
So you don't worry too much that the game might be unplayable. My laptop has 6GB of RAM and I run Win7 64bit and very, very rarely get a crash.

Triglav said:
trueten said:

A lot higher, yes. Have much RAM ready!

Comparison:

M&B Textures: <200MB
TLD Textures: >700MB

M&B Resources: <80MB
TLD Resources: 285MB

M&B Sounds: <10MB
TLD Sounds: 180MB

Some of this may still get clipped before release, but it's mainly that. It is a BIG mod. We optimised it best we could & it runs quite well on a decent machine (even laptops in my and GetAssista's case), but on all settings maxed, it will struggle, and if you don't have enough RAM, it will likely crash often (particularly in battles when it loads all those models and textures).
I'm excited. By the way, will Influence still play a major role in the mod, as it did in the .808 version?

Back
Top Bottom