Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Bobthehero said:
As for the medic question, yes, as long as she's conscious, you are fine.

Thanks. Surgery is such an important skill to have active, but I wasn't sure whether she needed to be physically on the field of battle or just in the party.  Ha...when she's on the field she dies pretty quickly and I assume that negates her medic skills from that point forward.    I try to make my companions have horses so I can give orders separate from archers/infantry.  However, I'm starting to learn that cavalry can be important in a lot of battles and when you start getting command of ally forces it makes it even harder to control.  So it may be easier to make them archers if they are weak like Fanuil and the Mirkwood girl, although the latter is getting stronger (she's my pathfinder/spotter).  The Rohan drunk guy is a bit stronger once you get him.  It's taking forever to get the Loth dude and I'm Loth.  The game will practically be over when I get enough rank to nab him.  I should get the other Rohan companion soon (the girl). Not sure what her skills are.  I'll probably never get the Dwarf and I've not found a Gondor companion yet, but haven't spent much time there.

Do companions bicker and leave like in Native?  I hope not.

Still need help with the Spy mission, if anyone knows how to get that one to work.

I do think they bicker, as both Gondor companion (one in Minas Tirth and another in Heneth thingy) love eachother.

Buy good armor for companions, its worth it.

Bobthehero said:
I do think they bicker, as both Gondor companion (one in Minas Tirth and another in Heneth thingy) love eachother.

Ha...I still haven't found Henneth Annun. Talked to a lot of townfolk too.  Haven't found any Easter eggs either unless Fangorn thing counts.  Got a bowl of water

Bobthehero said:
Buy good armor for companions, its worth it.

Oh...I definitely do.  I get the best of the armor and weapons as soon as I can.  RPs aren't really much of a issue once you really start fighting and complete a few missions.  I like to stick with each companions native armor, although sometimes it isn't always the best.

Is there a Beorning companion?  I'm not sure I've found one if there is.  A talking bear archer would have been cool....ha

lymond said:
Is there a Beorning companion?  I'm not sure I've found one if there is.  A talking bear archer would have been cool....ha
There's a rather slow-witted Beorning in the Beorning Village along the river.  He's fond of trees, and apparently not so fond of, or skilled at, eloquent speech.  Not sure if he's worth recruiting or not, but I haven't done so yet.

he's an axeman - Dimbeorn?  a few fights after you get him, he is a bit of a tank.  I gave him fast polearms (Gondor tower spear, I thnk) and throwing axes, and he's quite useful.

If you want to find henneth annun, I suggest rabbing your much-thumbed copy of LOTR and looking at the maps.  In particular, the one that shows the detailed Mordor-Rohan-Gondor broders

Amman de Stazia said:
If you want to find henneth annun, I suggest rabbing your much-thumbed copy of LOTR and looking at the maps.  In particular, the one that shows the detailed Mordor-Rohan-Gondor broders

Ha...well, i know it is around there somewhere, but I'd like to get it to actually show up on the map.  Funny thing is the game will still give you missions to Henneth even when it is not present on the map.

I can't remember the significance of Henneth Annun that would make it invisible.

lymond said:
Triglav - Thanks for following up on the MBX forum issue. 

Here's info from Winter:

"I put some new measures in place to deal with spam, and then it all goes tits-up because of the sheer volume of crap we get.
It's all working for me, but I obviously can't guarantee that other people absolutely won't run into problems. If there is more trouble then just contact me."

So, give it a try now...

Player_Elkku said:
I keep getting this some ''play dwarf'' where I am lost in Moria and I can't find my way out! What is this???

a joke
playdwarf = playboy for dwarves.

you spend so much time wanking over the pretty pictures that you get totally lost.  The only way out is to jump into the flames, let a friendly passing orc crack you on the skull, and float gently along an underwater stream until you come out in the open.

If you do it again, go and camp a few nights in fangorn to punish yourself.

do you play as a dwarf?

I had a good search system: I planted an arrow at each cross-section, so that I would know which turns I'd already taken (Hansel, anyone?)
Came to a door, jumped through, and was back at the 'you're-lost' page...

Back
Top Bottom