Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Triglav said:
I relayed your error message to the admin of MBX forum.

You can turn the morale system completely off in the in-game mod settings.

Dunno about the messages, I always play with all messages and unit names turned off in game settings and so I see nothing but the battle on screen.

Thanks, Triglav.  Please inform us here if this issue gets resolved.

Thanks for the info on settings.  I shoulda figured that out myself.    As for the battle morale system, I suspect it may not be tuned for TLD.  I was actually playing around with Sword of Damocles yesterday and noticed the system is implemented in that mod as well.  Seems more balanced in SoD.    However, the issue could be my settings.  Problem I had was that even with even to overwhelming enemy odds they tend to flee very quickly and, conversely, if I outnumber them they don't put up a fight at all.

GetAssista said:
kuauik said:
Sef OK b said:
Ive got a few problems with starting it up, ive ran over the faq a few times and tried all methods but i keep getting the "get shader failed for windy_flora" error oh and why is the text all messed up on loading up?
this
easy.
1. windy_flora error means core_shaders.brf was NOT transferred from TLD/Data/ to MB/CommonRes/ (and/or mb.fxo from TLD/Data/ to MB/)

2. text messed up means font_data.xml was NOT transferred from  TLD/Data/ to MB/Data

Do proper file copying both of you, exactly as described in manual.

Rigadoon said:
Hmm, how do I feed my Ork army? Can't find any stores.  :neutral:
How do orcs feed? What do they usually like to eat? :wink:
Also, stores, npcs and such are often hidden from town menu, and appear when you find them in a scene
Browsing over this thread again, saaw this, and wondered if we can just copy those files into the M&B folders, or if that would mess anything up, making the mod unplayable.  If it's already been answered, I missed it.

Running 3.1 by the way, as I don't care for some of the changes in 3.2.

What.

Copying those files is what the Manual suggests as install option n.2. Why would that make the mod unplayable? It'll make OTHER mods unplayable, probably.

Need more coffee, AND, don't recall reading that in the manual.  Haven't looked at it since I first installed.  I was thinking it'd make it unplayable by altering the main files that get modded.  I can't mod myself, so I really have no clue about things like that.  It might, but this install will be for TLD only, so that's not a concern.

Strategyman said:
Received this while trying to register on the MBX forum:
Error: ! Maximum daily usage limit reached. If you need a higher usage limit, please contact us.
Please contact us to resolve this issue.

I saw this was resolved before or seemed that way. But since there was no mention of how to get around this can someone help me too?
I'm getting the same message, and unable to Register.  You complete the registration form, answer all the questions, and then it dumps you to a blank page with the error message.

The Registration page says that they're cutting down on spam, and if there's a problem, contact them, but if there's a problem then there's no way to contact them.  Obviously, it's working at 100% efficiency at cutting down on spammers by blocking everyone.

Incidentally, I'm wondering if there's a topic for starting tips.  I seem to be stuck, because the only Quartermaster quests I'm getting (after about 20 tries) involve taking care of stray goblins or a marauding group of orcs.  Right now, I can't even take on 2 opponents with the cheezy cracked spear that I've got, since polearms aren't a strong point for the character, and I don't have the 900+ faction credit to buy anything that I can use, not even including the cost of a shield.  There were no troops that I could recruit, and the only companions I found won't join me under present conditions.  At 15 credits per day, it's going to be a long and frustrating start before I can arm my character and start raising an army.  Spectating isn't all that fun in a "wargame".

Honved said:
Strategyman said:
Received this while trying to register on the MBX forum:
Error: ! Maximum daily usage limit reached. If you need a higher usage limit, please contact us.
Please contact us to resolve this issue.

I saw this was resolved before or seemed that way. But since there was no mention of how to get around this can someone help me too?
I'm getting the same message, and unable to Register.  You complete the registration form, answer all the questions, and then it dumps you to a blank page with the error message.

The Registration page says that they're cutting down on spam, and if there's a problem, contact them, but if there's a problem then there's no way to contact them.  Obviously, it's working at 100% efficiency at cutting down on spammers by blocking everyone.

Incidentally, I'm wondering if there's a topic for starting tips.  I seem to be stuck, because the only Quartermaster quests I'm getting (after about 20 tries) involve taking care of stray goblins or a marauding group of orcs.  Right now, I can't even take on 2 opponents with the cheezy cracked spear that I've got, since polearms aren't a strong point for the character, and I don't have the 900+ faction credit to buy anything that I can use, not even including the cost of a shield.  There were no troops that I could recruit, and the only companions I found won't join me under present conditions.  At 15 credits per day, it's going to be a long and frustrating start before I can arm my character and start raising an army.  Spectating isn't all that fun in a "wargame".
Having the same issue with registering. Extremely annoying.

As for starting, well, you should be able to increase in rank if you do quests for lords, which is also how you gain influence with a faction, and often times large amounts of faction credits. You should be able to get recruits pretty easily, especially from your starting faction. It seems to take about a day for the barracks to start being populated with volunteers, but after that you just need to go there and ask. For other factions you tend to need to do a bit of work first before they start trusting you.

I have a problem myself, though. Other factions are fine, but whichever faction I join has quite a lot of text errors. The rank is just listed as strrank X, and when talking with the possible companions from that faction the text is replaced with strdialogue or something similar. Makes it nearly impossible to tell what conditions you need to recruit them, and sometimes it seems downright impossible: ~10000 faction credits, ~21 influence, rank 4, and I can't seem to recruit anyone from Rohan.

CRACKING DOWN ON SPAM
We're trying some new, stricter measures, including restricting registration. If you or anyone else is having a problem with forum access, let me know and I'll take care of it.

This is a message from (I assume) Winter. So, while you may complain here, we're not the ones to complain to if you want something done about it.

(ie: MBX is not our own forum, despite us having our major presence there)

Tavar said:
As for starting, well, you should be able to increase in rank if you do quests for lords, which is also how you gain influence with a faction, and often times large amounts of faction credits. You should be able to get recruits pretty easily, especially from your starting faction. It seems to take about a day for the barracks to start being populated with volunteers, but after that you just need to go there and ask. For other factions you tend to need to do a bit of work first before they start trusting you.
Yeah, got a quest to kill some outlaw who's armed.  Failed about 5-6 times in a row, badly.  He's got a sword that can kill you in 2 hits, while you've got a spear that seems to do 0-6 damage.

Merlkir said:
CRACKING DOWN ON SPAM
We're trying some new, stricter measures, including restricting registration. If you or anyone else is having a problem with forum access, let me know and I'll take care of it.

This is a message from (I assume) Winter. So, while you may complain here, we're not the ones to complain to if you want something done about it.

Thanks, but it's a catch-22 for those who can't register because you can't contact anyone unless you are registered.  If that is what needs to be done to join MBX then we need someone here to help us get the word to Winter or whomever.

Merlkir said:
CRACKING DOWN ON SPAM

It's be a neat trick to contact someone with out an account or anything.

Honved said:
Tavar said:
Yeah, got a quest to kill some outlaw who's armed.  Failed about 5-6 times in a row, badly.  He's got a sword that can kill you in 2 hits, while you've got a spear that seems to do 0-6 damage.
Is it one of those "Name Here killed one of my guards, and fled to X, kill him for me"? I've never had that problem. Just talked to him, then got out my sword and stabbed him to death. Weapons did a good amount of damage, too.

MadVader said:
Conclusion: a spear is useless against a swordsman.
Naa. Shield and Spear maybe, but as long as you can swing the spear it's pretty good. Even Sheild and Spear can be good, it's just easier to evade the thrust.

Oh, one thing might be speed bonuses and penalties. Those can really cut down on damage.

lymond said:
Thanks, but it's a catch-22 for those who can't register because you can't contact anyone unless you are registered.  If that is what needs to be done to join MBX then we need someone here to help us get the word to Winter or whomever.

Tavar said:
It's be a neat trick to contact someone with out an account or anything.

I've been talking to Winter for a while now with regards to the registering issues. He's loking into it, he says.

Tavar said:
Is it one of those "Name Here killed one of my guards, and fled to X, kill him for me"? I've never had that problem. Just talked to him, then got out my sword and stabbed him to death. Weapons did a good amount of damage, too.
That's fine if you already have a sword.  The whole point is to raise enough credit to afford something other than the starting garbage spear.  A sword is worse than useless if you don't own it, and the other guy does.  So far, I have yet to get a quest offer that doesn't involve killing something/someone after at least 20-30 requests, and I'm stuck.  6 days gone and still all but unarmed.  I can't fight 4-6 goblins at a time with a useless weapon, and I can't get enough cash to get a better weapon for weeks, at 15 credits per day.

Honved said:
Tavar said:
That's fine if you already have a sword.  The whole point is to raise enough credit to afford something other than the starting garbage spear.  A sword is worse than useless if you don't own it, and the other guy does.  So far, I have yet to get a quest offer that doesn't involve killing something/someone after at least 20-30 requests, and I'm stuck.  6 days gone and still all but unarmed.  I can't fight 4-6 goblins at a time with a useless weapon, and I can't get enough cash to get a better weapon for weeks, at 15 credits per day.

Try training in the gauntlet. The first few rounds you'll probably get beat, but after a while you'll make enough RPs to afford a nice, shiny new weapon. :smile:

Honved said:
Tavar said:

What faction did you start as, and what are the statistics on this weapon?

I am going ahead and saying Gondor, either a commoner from Minas Tirith or a city troop, if you start with a Noble from Minas Tirith, you get a sword.

Triglav - Thanks for following up on the MBX forum issue. 

Well, I have a few question on want to ask on that forum, but here are a couple of questions that are perplexing me:

1) How do you do that spy mission?  That is, follow spy to target.  I never see the spy appear from the city even waiting around for days.  I recall doing this mission easily in Native, but it's either broken or I'm doing something wrong.  It gets annoying because after doing several various missions you hit a point where pretty much leader wants you to do the spy thing. 

2) If you have a medic like Fanuil in your party, but keep her at the bottom of the list so that she rarely appears on the battlefield, does her skills like surgery and first aid still apply.  It seems like it does, but I just want to make sure.

Tavar said:
What faction did you start as, and what are the statistics on this weapon?
Started as Dale, and you get a cracked spear, which my character only had the base 15 skill with.

I ended up restarting, and this time around several of the lords had letter delivery quests to offer, so I could earn a few points toward a better weapon.  After 5 days, this one has a horse, bow and arrows, and a one-handed club that he can at least use to take on single attackers until a proper sword is affordable.  Next step, recruit some troops.

You can always lead the enemy close to friendly parties (hint, caravans make great Troll fodder), the caravan will not charge at the enemy party even if they're less than a milimeter appart, however it'll show up in the actual battle.

As for the medic question, yes, as long as she's conscious, you are fine.

Back
Top Bottom