• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for your answers. I'm going to start a new game and will make save-file backups every hour or so.
Btw, the flickering I noted on the world map was due to my graphic card overheating, yay.
Hope it isn't damaged.

Thank you.
Greetings and a nice first of may.

Even if I haven't bought the original Mount and Blade, I've seen a few videos on this mod. And since I am such a huge Lord of the Rings fan, I must say this is the greatest mod to any Mount and Blade game I've ever seen.  :oops:

i have a question, can i help in lore battle? i mean like the siege of dol guldur or helm`s deep, the attack to the black gate

The FPS drops everytime ( on the world map ) I face the snowy mountains. I know my PC isn't that great, but I have no trouble with WARBAND so far, though I love this mod so much that I kept on coming back for more TLD experience. So would anybody help me find a solution with this problem?

Thanks in advance guys.

I just fired this up for the first time and all I can say is WOW.  Astounding.

Great, great job to everyone who put TLD together.  Kudos.

I heartily appreciate the true LotR fandom required to stick to the books and avoid the movies (which I personally disliked).

Thanks, and well done.

I just registered in the forums purely to say that this mod is fantastic! Its a real shame that it is no long being worked on and it does still have some bugs but even with all of that it is just beautiful. Riding down an army with your Massive army of Rohan lancers is pure adrenaline!

Any word of the mod being worked on in the future?

Well I looked on the TLD forums and they are beta testing a patch, and its looks delicious. So I guess they were trolling their own thread, or situation changed. I look forward to playing this mod again :wink:

Banok said:
Well I looked on the TLD forums and they are beta testing a patch, and its looks delicious. So I guess they were trolling their own thread, or situation changed. I look forward to playing this mod again :wink:

Not at all. MV is awesome and he's making a patch that would address the most complained about issues and bugs. After that comes out, the mod will be no longer under development. (as far as we are concerned at the moment)

With the obviously vast amount of work that went into TLD, it's not surprising that everyone needs a break.

I've had very few problems, actually.  Those that there are are generally avoidable with a little forethought.

Suggestion: I would merge every three scrap metal items into one.  Make each one 3x heavier and 3x more valuable.  I always seem to be selling them in threes or fours.

Add one or two "artifact" slots to the character inventory for rings and whatnot, just to get them out of the way.

In most cases I decline missions to destroy x-number of scout parties.  Unless it's Mordor scout parties I can never find enough of them to fill the requirement.  I got a mission to kill 10 Dol Guldur scouting parties, and I only saw four in the 30 or 40 days before the mission failed.

Regardless, TLD is a spectacular mod.  No doubt about it.

is this bug... :
gandalf says to me that i have to go to denathor and speak to him... but when i go its the same as always, nad why there isnt battle for minas tirith?

stefan1004 said:
is this bug... :
gandalf says to me that i have to go to denathor and speak to him... but when i go its the same as always, nad why there isnt battle for minas tirith?

When Gandalf speaks to you is simply because you did'nt finish a quest on time. You don't need to go back to Denethor, it's just a way to remind you that it should not happen again.

A battle for Minas Tirith can only happen if Gondor has lost all the other casrles and it's very weakened.

Happy to hear about that patch coming.

Well seeing as the poster above was so good as to answer a possible bug question I also have an issue. So I have been playing a Rohan game and things have basically stopped happening. I eventually noticed that in order to defeat a faction one must wear them down to the weakest state possible and only then will a faction lay siege to their capital, that being so I have been sitting in Westfold for about 2 weeks waiting for any parties from Isengard to make an appearance (Dunlanders are finished) so I can finally finish them off but they are just sitting inside, there are 5 or 6 parties with very few troops left (after the pounding that I have been giving them in the past battles).

So does this mean I have to wait for them to build up their forces and let them sally out? Would that not mean that their faction strength would just continue to build in a endless cycle? They ride out, I kill the parties and then they rebuild again?

Any thoughts? I would really like to finish them off so we can go and help Gondor.

Alexology said:
Well seeing as the poster above was so good as to answer a possible bug question I also have an issue. So I have been playing a Rohan game and things have basically stopped happening. I eventually noticed that in order to defeat a faction one must wear them down to the weakest state possible and only then will a faction lay siege to their capital, that being so I have been sitting in Westfold for about 2 weeks waiting for any parties from Isengard to make an appearance (Dunlanders are finished) so I can finally finish them off but they are just sitting inside, there are 5 or 6 parties with very few troops left (after the pounding that I have been giving them in the past battles).

So does this mean I have to wait for them to build up their forces and let them sally out? Would that not mean that their faction strength would just continue to build in a endless cycle? They ride out, I kill the parties and then they rebuild again?

Any thoughts? I would really like to finish them off so we can go and help Gondor.

Check the MBX forum.  There is info on this topic.

FS

Back
Top Bottom