• Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

GetAssista said:
fieldmarshall_adrien_xbow said:
cant quote them cause now the website get me a cookie on a strage youtube looking page (as other said)  :neutral:
MBX forums were indeed hacked but it looks like Winter fixed the hack.
Yeah, the mbx forums are safe again! Although we IE users probably suck anyway. :wink:

Merlkir said:
fieldmarshall_adrien_xbow said:
are the elven armors fixed ? i play v3.12 atm and the only bug i get is that the elven armors make the elves unbeatable, cant hit them, it goes through teir armor

tried to see if the female armor submod fix it but it makes CTD when there is any elven armor

so is it fixed in 3.13 ?  :cry:

when the outside website worked, i saw that some other people had same bugs, really bad :-/
cant quote them cause now the website get me a cookie on a strage youtube looking page (as other said)  :neutral:

As I told you before, this is not a bug. You installed it wrong.

ok i will try reinstall later, thanks (havent noticed you already answered sorry)

i will never say it enough: really best modder job ever done ! that mod is... damn cant find better in english than "awesome" !

PS: noticed forum is back too

Good day.
Nice mod.
But we have a little problem.
It seems that archive at this link http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3513 doesn't contain all necessary files. I just downloaded it and tried to reinstall mod, got RGL error - costumes_lorien_infantry_01.dds is missing. I've checked textures folder and lorien.brf - seems there is no textures for some armor. Also its possible that mini-mod which suppose to add female variants of armor bugged. However when I played older version from the old archive I never seen that error.
Ok, after some search I think its indeed mini-mod causing all trouble. I recommend avoid using it (for that matter giving link on that mod is not so good idea). Please at last add warning that its buggy.

I've played TLD3.1 for about 10+ hours now. TLD deserves all the fame that it's received. However, it's still a diamond in the rough that suffers from a few core gameplay issues.

- The AI falls into a state of paralyzed cold war too early in the campaign. Playing as a Dark Numenorean of the Mordor faction, the first 50 days of the war were an evenly match struggle of parties against parties. By day 100, virtually all parties walking around Gondor and Rohan are with Mordor and Isengard, yet the AI refuses to capture any cities. Gothmog (Mordor's marshall) and his retinue just stumble around Osgiliath "reconsidering our next objective".

- Influence Points are too difficult to acquire and too easy to lose. After hours of level grinding from Snaga of Mordor (1) to Scourge of Mankind (9), I approached Gothmog to "take Council about the war". I wanted to make his stupid ass stop wandering in a circle around Osgiliath and actually fight the damn war. Instead, I was told that I had only 25 influence and needed 50. I would have had more influence, but I purchased a couple of mediocre items from Mouth of Sauron using Influence Points. So, I set about to "Influence point grinding". Problem is, very few missions award influence points, and there are too few enemy parties on the map to win influence through combat.

- Since the player cannot initiate sieges, the campaign gets stuck in a stalemate. Basically, the 10+ hours playing have been wasted because the AI will not make a decisive move. Mordor is strong enough to win the war but won't siege any cities. I cannot initiate sieges directly, by design - and why is this by design? It will take several more hours of playing to bring my Influence Points up to 50 in order to force Gothmog to break the stalemate.

At this point, I don't see a reason to continue playing. How soon will these issues be addressed in a future patch? Also, can someone provide details of which config files in the mod determine influence points per mission? I would enjoy this mod a lot more if I could bump up the amount of influence points awarded per mission.

You can't edit any files to change the influence costs. No ETA on a patch.

Yup, sounds like you'll have to stop playing. Sorry.

(to clarify, we are very well aware of these issues, a patch is in the works, but it's not the only thing we're doing so...No ETA, as always.)

Anybody know what this error is that keeps streaming down the side of the screen from the time I try to create a character and then into the game:

"SCRIPT ERROR ON UPCODE 23: Invalid script parameter ID: 1: Line No: 1: At Script: s224.

SCRIPT ERROR ON UPCODE 23: Invalid script parameter ID: 2: Line No: 2: At Script: s224."

This started appearing during my first try at a game and, since it popped up, all sorts of kooky things have been happening. When I try to create a Rohan character it ends up creating a Gondor character, I walk into cities and get teleported to orc dungeons, etc.

kuruk said:
Anybody know what this error is that keeps streaming down the side of the screen from the time I try to create a character and then into the game:

"SCRIPT ERROR ON UPCODE 23: Invalid script parameter ID: 1: Line No: 1: At Script: s224.

SCRIPT ERROR ON UPCODE 23: Invalid script parameter ID: 2: Line No: 2: At Script: s224."

This started appearing during my first try at a game and, since it popped up, all sorts of kooky things have been happening. When I try to create a Rohan character it ends up creating a Gondor character, I walk into cities and get teleported to orc dungeons, etc.
I suggest you post this in official TLD forum bug report thread, so it will be noticed more easily.
Here: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2464.0.html

Hey guys, can anyone tell me who the best surgeon is? I just redownloaded because it's spring break and I actually have TIME to play! I wanna focus on one playthrough as Gondor, so I really want to know beforehand who the best surgeon/medic(s) is/are so I can plan my companions accordingly.

Thanks!

mymee said:
Hey guys, can anyone tell me who the best surgeon is? I just redownloaded because it's spring break and I actually have TIME to play! I wanna focus on one playthrough as Gondor, so I really want to know beforehand who the best surgeon/medic(s) is/are so I can plan my companions accordingly.

Thanks!

The healer lady in Dale, most likely. Far far away. :smile:

Merlkir said:
The healer lady in Dale, most likely. Far far away. :smile:

Thank you sir! So does that mean I can get any companion from any region regardless of who I play as? That's great! Now I just have to explore Dale and find her. I'll probably need to gather enough forces to make the journey up there. The Fair Lady awaits, my adventure begins!

You'll need to achieve certain rank and earn quite a few Influence points to get companions.

EDIT: Okay ignore my previous post I think I figured it out...

New question hehe... I'm sure this has been asked so I'll do a search as well (I just don't know how to search this thread specifically). But anyway I'm getting crashes while defending a siege at Cair Andros as Gondor. So I did some research and turned off ragdolls. That seems to have fixed the problem, as I was able to play through most of the siege. But before I win I get another error, this time it's a Runtime C++ library error, saying program was requested to terminate in an unusual way. Can someone help?

Just do the stuff in the Optimization thread, that's really all you can do, that we know of.

(generally - halving your battlesize temporarily just for sieges usually helps)

i can't get very far in the mod. i keeps crashing on me in every battle when reinforcements come in. is there anyway to solve this problem

amythest2293 said:
ok now i found a game-breaking crash with the capture a cave troll quest

There is no such thing reported before. Also, this kind of report isn't helpful in the slightest, as we don't know anything - why did it crash? How? What message if any? What do you have installed, what have you changed? etc.

Back
Top Bottom