• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

SPsometimes try the latest hotfix, it could be behind the lag. The code is changing music every 2 seconds while on map, the hotfix fixes this.

Couldn't get to play much last night, but I took some time to listen to the new tracks in-game and have one question: Would it be too much boot licking if I like Pagan's soundtrack more than the movie's?

Seriously though, very nice - sets the mood perfectly for me. Made me actually look at the map's landscape and...sightsee  :neutral: Sometimes, I even enter some scene or go to a specific region, just to listen to the music - the Erebor and Dale vicinities as an example.

Alright, I'll stop now before I turn too fanboy-ish  :oops:

...But really - great pieces. Any chance we can get a .wav-quality pack with just the soundtrack on our hands?

thanks Geren, much appreciated. Very flattering.

The irony is i may have to release a giant .wav version anyway. Seems the engine doesnt like mp3 format.

I was playing not too long ago and after a battle I crashed to desktop! Now my save file crashes to desktop! I will have to dump that file unfortunately.

But shouldn't Dunlendings be more proficient than Uruk-hai with pikes? Uruk-hai has 200 max, Dunlendings 170 but Dunlendings are fighting against cavalry for centuries while Uruk-hai are new (also Eomer defeat Uruk-hai while Theodred lost against a mixed army) and they should be superior only in equipment (Saruman give better stuff to his guys because he planned to backstab his allies).

Also Haradrim have 200 wp, but since they lost against Rohirrim outnumbering them 3:1 and are well equipped (similar cavalry and also oliphaunt support) I have some doubt about their skill.

vota dc said:
But shouldn't Dunlendings be more proficient than Uruk-hai with pikes? Uruk-hai has 200 max, Dunlendings 170 but Dunlendings are fighting against cavalry for centuries while Uruk-hai are new (also Eomer defeat Uruk-hai while Theodred lost against a mixed army) and they should be superior only in equipment (Saruman give better stuff to his guys because he planned to backstab his allies).

Also Haradrim have 200 wp, but since they lost against Rohirrim outnumbering them 3:1 and are well equipped (similar cavalry and also oliphaunt support) I have some doubt about their skill.

Should I take that as you volunteering to balance the mod?

Merlkir said:
This HOTFIX changes the way music is played, for fewer crashes due to overflow of memory and for better musical experience. Highly recommended you install this too. (just copy these two files into the TLD directory):

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21265447/TLD_3.1_hotfix_1.7z

(if you've been experiencing such crashes after switching to 3.1, tell us if this hotfix helped!)
I hope this works! I was quite enjoying myself until I crashed last night.  :cry:

So far so good but I am still getting this str rank 1 or str region thing? How can I fix that and I have redownloaded it twice and "reinstalled" it you could say a few times but it never fixes it. It's not a huge deal to me, but it is a annoyance I could say. Especially when I tried 3.0 my rank was named correctly.

SPsometimes said:
So far so good but I am still getting this str rank 1 or str region thing? How can I fix that and I have redownloaded it twice and "reinstalled" it you could say a few times but it never fixes it. It's not a huge deal to me, but it is a annoyance I could say. Especially when I tried 3.0 my rank was named correctly.

You're doing something wrong with the installation.

Even if you're patching a 3.01 version installed before, and if you did a manual install before, you absolutely have to copy all the relevant files to their appropriate places again.

So I have some lore-fix that shouldn't ruin the balance

DUNLENDINGS

Dunnish Wildman-->Dunnish Warrior-->Dunnish Raven Rider (135 wp, ranged and helmet guaranteed)
Dunnish Wildman-->Dunnish Warrior-->Dunnish Veteran Warrior--->Dunnish Wolf Warrior--->Dunnish Wolf Guard
Dunnish Wildman-->Dunnish Spearman (120 wp)-->Dunnish Pikeman (160 wp)--->Dunnish Veteran Pikeman (220 wp)

That is the idea: cavalry in Dunland is rare. In original M&B only Khergits have a tier 2 cavalry.
So a weak cavalry that is tier 3 with javelins guaranteed to be more useful.
On the other side pikes MUST be common because they are fighting Rohan since centuries.
So a tier 2 spearman and better stats to simulate this, but not final upgrade because they are "poor".
Also I would fix some troops stats: for now Dunnish Warrior has 2 athletics and Dunnish Veteran Warrior has 1
And pikeman has 2 at while veteran 0...and they have useless shield stat!
Dunnish Wolf Guard deserves javelins guaranteed (it is not checked) because they compensate lower power strike with power throw.

URUK-HAI

In the book Gimli prefers to attack them instead of Dunlendings because Dunlendins are too big.
That means Uruk-hai are a bit smaller than humans...but Aragorn was unable to follow them.
Why? Short legs but fast on march? There is a better way to simulate: just check the mounted flag.
With mounted flag they will be fast as a slow cavalry on map (regular cavalry will be faster because the riding value)
On short distances uruk-hai shouldn't be faster than humans, so less athletics for them.

ORCS

They have a very good athletics. I don't know how it works, but if all models have the same speed it is wrong lore wise.
The fact they have the same power strike of some evil human elite troops make sense: short legs but broad.

HARAD

I would lower to 190 wp the last tier of troops because their defeat despite numbers and equipment.

DALE

Isn't their national hero an archer? I would give at least +5 wp in bow for each tier for archers.

NOTE

I noticed that some strange thing like skirmisher of Rohan haven't guaranteed horse checked.
But I never seen a skirmisher of Rohan without a horse, so the troop editor that I am using to make these suggestions can be wrong!

Splendid. Now code it in the game for us, would you?

What I mean by this not entirely malicious reply - armchair suggestions are lovely and all, but what we need is a true balancer. Someone who will actually do the work necessary - go through all troop stats, through item stats and balance them to be both accurate and somewhat balanced so that they play good. Suggestions like this may put us onto an idea, sure. But we simply do not have the people to do almost anything at the moment.

Changing module_troops.py is one of the few things that I know, just pass me the file.

I can also give different wp for each speciality (for example an archer skilled with bow but not as skilled with sword) but I don't think is necessary because archers have inferiore meele weapons.

vota dc said:
Changing module_troops.py is one of the few things that I know, just pass me the file.

I can also give different wp for each speciality (for example an archer skilled with bow but not as skilled with sword) but I don't think is necessary because archers have inferiore meele weapons.

*sigh*

This is exactly what we don't want to do, just send someone a file and hope for the best.

No, in case we didn't mention it here - we're looking for dedicated modders to join the team. Especially any competent coders (knows the module system inside out, is confident to both code new features and bug hunt. Can work in a team with other coders.) and a dedicated balancer who will join us in the dev forum and spend a lot of time on balancing.

Well I have lot of free time, so I can join. What I lack is experience with module_mission_template.py (never mod it with success, just copied line suggested by other guys) the other files are quite easy to me to understand, at least in Native.

Dev forum is this? http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Oh, come on! Give the guy a chance. He's clearly given it a lot of...thought, and besides, despite barely experienced in tweaking Native's MS, and he persists on fixing the mod you incompetent fools messed up code, lore, and the-gods-know-what-else wise. Willingness to overlook and fix years of work in a few glimpses and code lines 's got to count for something  :neutral:

Geren said:
Oh, come on! Give the guy a chance. He's clearly given it a lot of...thought, and besides, despite barely experienced in tweaking Native's MS, and he persists on fixing the mod you incompetent fools messed up code, lore, and the-gods-know-what-else wise. Willingness to overlook and fix years of work in a few glimpses and code lines 's got to count for something  :neutral:

The sad truth is - we really do need a balancer. It should be an experienced coder though. Probably. *sigh* I feel a bit lonely now. Coders, oh coders, where art thou?

Back
Top Bottom