TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Which race are you playing most?

  • Good humans

    Votes: 767 42.8%
  • Evil humans

    Votes: 139 7.8%
  • Orcs

    Votes: 85 4.7%
  • Uruks/uruk-hai

    Votes: 209 11.7%
  • Elves

    Votes: 402 22.4%
  • Dwarves

    Votes: 189 10.6%

  • Total voters
    1,791

Sp00nlord

Regular
M&BWBWF&S
Best answers
0
How come you aren't using 3.01? I only played as a Dwarf before the patch and didn't get any, but then again I didn't particular try too hard.
 

Yoshiboy

Count
M&BWB
Best answers
0
mtarini said:
Very nice indeed!
Thanks a lot.

But, for the next time, in TLD you can afford to remove "see troop names for friendly troops".
Unlike native, it is very easy to tell friends and foes apart here.

(Not only it looks much better, but help performances too).
Good plan. I considered it but it is always confusing in native. In TLD it should be no problem.
 

DSparil

Baron
Best answers
0
Charging into the middle of a gondorian line with my warg rider, lance in hand, is glorious. Unfortunately warg riders are the only orc troop worth using and only because wargs keep on fighting after the rider has been killed (and the riders ALWAYS get killed).
However this is somewhat balanced by the fact that it's really easy to raise orcs from snagas to heavy riders.
 

HoJu

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBVC
Best answers
0
Sp00nlord said:
How come you aren't using 3.01? I only played as a Dwarf before the patch and didn't get any, but then again I didn't particular try too hard.
I started a new game in 3.01 as a female dunadan but I didn't want to abandon my rohirrim captain.
 

AWdeV

Duke
M&BWB
Best answers
0
Yoshiboy said:
Good plan. I considered it but it is always confusing in native. In TLD it should be no problem.
The only problem you'll have is identifying which ****-smeared goblin belongs to which evil faction but you gotta kill 'em all anyway.  :lol:
 

Crossbow Joe

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWB
Best answers
0
AWdeV said:
Yoshiboy said:
Good plan. I considered it but it is always confusing in native. In TLD it should be no problem.
The only problem you'll have is identifying which ****-smeared goblin belongs to which evil faction but you gotta kill 'em all anyway.  :lol:
Unless you are a "**** smeared goblin" and get so far as that Mordor and Isengard win the war and have a face off
 

hherlev

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
Im guessing this has been said a lot of time, but Im gonna go ahead and say it anyways.
This is a beautifully done, but the fact that its not Warband, means that your playerbase will go consist of less than probably 100 people, instead of having over 1000 of people playing it. Is it because you were one of those people who hated Warband, when it was released?

I know this wont change your viewpoint of things, but you should really make this for Warband as well. It just has those revolutionary features which the old MB just doesn´t have. I can´t get married or become king on this mod/game. It´s sad that so many talented modders out there are "anti-warband-ish" about it. But suit yourself really, kinda sad that such an awesome mod will just disappear in the old  mod pages like this....
 

Merlkir

hherlev said:
Im guessing this has been said a lot of time, but Im gonna go ahead and say it anyways.
This is a beautifully done, but the fact that its not Warband, means that your playerbase will go consist of less than probably 100 people, instead of having over 1000 of people playing it. Is it because you were one of those people who hated Warband, when it was released?

I know this wont change your viewpoint of things, but you should really make this for Warband as well. It just has those revolutionary features which the old MB just doesn´t have. I can´t get married or become king on this mod/game. It´s sad that so many talented modders out there are "anti-warband-ish" about it. But suit yourself really, kinda sad that such an awesome mod will just disappear in the old  mod pages like this....


You know nothing. We don't hate Warband. You won't ever be able to get married in TLD, or become the king, not matter if it ever gets ported. We've had over 50 000 official downloads already.
 

MadVader

Duke
M&BWB
Best answers
0
The TLD team would like to release for Warband too, we are not stubborn retro people.
It's simply a lot of work (and a couple of engine limits). When the features are complete, we will at least build a working Warband port and decide from there if it's too much trouble or not.
Btw, the downloads are in thousands, many people play TLD.
And you won't be able to marry or be a king, or Tolkien would curse us from the grave. We could do it in the old MB, but it's simply not suitable for Middle Earth as is for Calradia.

ninja'd, damn :smile:
 

Sethaniel

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
Just want you guys to know that playing this mod has revived my interest in Tolkien. I've only watched the movies and have not read the books, so I thought I'd remedy that and am now the proud owner of The Hobbit and The Children of Hurin. I find the former very fascinating, have not yet had the chance to read the latter.

Any news on the next patch, by the way? Or are you guys waiting for the RCM to be fully tested and integrated first?
 

Triglav

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
hherlev said:
Im guessing this has been said a lot of time, but Im gonna go ahead and say it anyways.
Why?

This is a beautifully done
Thank you.

but the fact that its not Warband, means that your playerbase will go consist of less than probably 100 people, instead of having over 1000 of people playing it.
I lol'd 50,000 times to this.

Is it because you were one of those people who hated Warband, when it was released?
Must be that, yea.  :roll:
Die, Warband, die!
Had nothing to do with the fact that TLD was in development years before WB came & that WB doesn't allow all the modding features M&B does & that we made graphics better anyway & that we don't care for multiplayer much

I know this wont change your viewpoint of things
Why bother then? Just to annoy?

but you should really make this for Warband as well
Ok. How much you payin'? I think we'd be willing to go as low as about €300,000 for a basic port. We got a deal?

It just has those revolutionary features which the old MB just doesn´t have. I can´t get married or become king on this mod/game.
I lol'd another 50,000 times.

It´s sad that so many talented modders out there are "anti-warband-ish" about it.
It's beyond sad. It's outright tragic.

But suit yourself really, kinda sad that such an awesome mod will just disappear in the old mod pages like this....
Decay and disappearing is at the end of everything. Just the way things are. Deal with it. We have.

Sethaniel said:
Any news on the next patch, by the way? Or are you guys waiting for the RCM to be fully tested and integrated first?
No news. RCM will not be integrated into TLD, it is an external addition.
 

catking2003

Regular
M&B
Best answers
0
just played 3.01 for like 6 hours, when there are too many troops fighting, the game will randomly crash, probability above 50%; sometimes, when i save after battle, the game will have a runtime crash (not happening at the first few hours but in the last one hour it happens twice); haven't encountered crashes when moving on the map or talking to ppl though
 
Best answers
0
Screw the Warband port, only implement new animations which reminds a bit of Warband at least. Only thing i have to say which is negative for the project. (Oh)... Don't ask why, seems like it is the only way in order to have some silence of spams. Most noteable features of Warband which M&B didn't have were Multiplayer support and Fighting mechanics, so since MP isn't possible (Unless making a mini MP mod with items you already have), adding custom animations would get you halfway of survival from these questions in my opinion, that is. Through here, I do wonder, porting WB ones isn't possible?
 

Merlkir

Belendor Torheal Artendor said:
Screw the Warband port, only implement new animations which reminds a bit of Warband at least. Only thing i have to say which is negative for the project. (Oh)... Don't ask why, seems like it is the only way in order to have some silence of spams. Most noteable features of Warband which M&B didn't have were Multiplayer support and Fighting mechanics, so since MP isn't possible (Unless making a mini MP mod with items you already have), adding custom animations would get you halfway of survival from these questions in my opinion, that is. Through here, I do wonder, porting WB ones isn't possible?
someone has already put WB animations to TLD, I'm sure you can find it on the forums.
 

Triglav

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
D'Sparil said:
Ok, who was the wanker that added "Pierre Woodman" to the mod  :lol:
The fact that you should recognise the name, makes you a prime suspect of being a wanker yourself!  :twisted: