TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Gondor troops preview

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlkir said:
That is actually a good idea, if that works, because we don't use the modifiers. Hm. I want Forlong, nao!

(I'll even draw a new version with helm and spear if we make him :wink:))

haha Merlkir, with the amount of drawing you still have to do, a new pic of Forlong is the last priority really and I'd hate to burden you with it before you finish all the zillion other pics.

FrisianDude said:
Nah, not really, but you could, perhaps make a normal version of that helmet as taking the item slot, and the Forlong version as a thick or reinforced or otherwise positive item modifier. I forgot the simpler term. :???:

I think that would require a separate item as well. We could also pop an orc or some other dark helm on his head if it'll make all the difference for you.  :razz:

Triglav said:
FrisianDude said:
Nah, not really, but you could, perhaps make a normal version of that helmet as taking the item slot, and the Forlong version as a thick or reinforced or otherwise positive item modifier. I forgot the simpler term. :???:
I think that would require a separate item as well. We could also pop an orc or some other dark helm on his head if it'll make all the difference for you.  :razz:
It would not require an unique item. Moreover, it's an approach I was vocal with on our forums for a long time (forgive Merl for not reading the forums properly  :mrgreen:), for stuffing all the unique npc-only items into modifiers subdimension. Not a priority now ofc. Can be done after release by whomever eager to. We still have zillions of unused meshes, not to mention vertex painting possibilities

really nice that you used the tableau items functions there!  Can I venture a guess that some of the armours are also tableau items with different 'background' for each race?

Amman de Stazia said:
Can I venture a guess that some of the armours are also tableau items with different 'background' for each race?

Not exactly, but we have used the tableau system (thanks to foxyman's code voodoo) to save on some item space for civillian walkers clothes, as well as having it for Rohan noble armours, Rohan shield paintings and Harad shield paintings. It will also most likely be used for Rhun shields.

I guess its a bit of a stupid question, but how do you all feel seeing your long and hard work coming together so beautifully?

Kellorkleft said:
I guess its a bit of a stupid question, but how do you all feel seeing your long and hard work coming together so beautifully?

I'd be happier if it was coming together a bit faster...

One day you'll get there, and when you do, you'll have a few thousdand eager fans to lap it up for sure.

I always liked in the older version how you could get regional troops, and I really liked the axemen in thier scale armour. I think that this time you've made them all look pretty good through. I still like the axemen.

If I may add my own two cents on the topic of regional troops (because it comes to mind) I do hope that they are not made weaker than the generoc troops. I liked my axemen but I found that (though they stared off a little better) with the light armour they rarely survived for thier next tier and that they also topped off fairly weak. I found I was tempted to avoid recruiting these units even if I liked the look because they were inferior. I guess i'm suggesting you fully maximize people's experince with these regional tropps by making them good enough that they actually would seek them out. Then again maybe they were good,  maybe I just didn't know how to use them properly?

Anyway more to the point, I'm pleased to see all the progress you guys have been making! And these Gondorian guys look cool! I am eager to try some of these troops out when the mod is finally released!

Sir_Kakru said:
I don't know that does my question belong here, but are you going to make mûmakil?

We already have. They were in old TLD already. But not as battlefield troops, they'd be a bit too big for that.

Every mod, by definition, is a waste of time. We're not paid for it, we mod while we should be out socializing perhaps, etc.
And crappy...well...everything is relative and compared to the artistic level of some, this mod could be considered crappy, yes.

So, I see nothing contradictory in that statement.

I think that if you do what you like to do, it's not a waste of time.

I think I'm not alone to wait for the release of this mod. In fact, the only reason why i still have M&B was for PoP and now for TLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom