TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Gondor troops preview

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GetAssista said:
trueten said:
Do I see Polished Landscapes or you guys created your own landscape masterpiece?
Most of land textures and many plants are initially from PL, yes. Many models are optimized and polished even more + more models added. Flora generation is completely revamped too.
Full credit will be given to amazing gutekfiutek, and it was all done with his permission too.
what about collision meshes?

Psith said:
what about collision meshes?
In there for simple plants. Tree groups are used as scene props or manually placed plants, with working collision meshes ofc

EDIT: clarification for those not in theme - vanilla MB has a bug with plants collision meshes not being resized/turned correctly when plant is generated randomly. Meaning plants with complex meshes (e.g. many trees or big non-circular rocks) do not work correctly on the field. Which is exactly the reason PL came out w/o collision meshes on vanilla MB.

Triglav said:
Also in that they look well retro and ****, and since tower guards are also very ceremonial, they'd carry something ancient looking. As do Pelargirians.

makes perfect sence, indeed
HoJu said:
Awesome.
Can't wait to see some Rohan horsemen :razz:

forget Forgoil, I'm dying to see some beardy midgets from the Lonely Mountain  :grin:

>forget Forgoil, I'm dying to see some beardy midgets from the Lonely Mountain  :grin:

Maybe a quest from dwarves to help them dispatch goblins from Moria? Or were you reffering to something else? :smile:

Bolkonsky said:
Ship ten crates of mushrooms?  :razz:
Duh, what's so LoTR-ish in shrooms, du-ude? We already ship weed. Longbottom weed.

Quest ideas are of no use, let's not spam teh thread. Unless you can also provide the code for the quest together with suggesting that is.

GetAssista said:
Bolkonsky said:
Ship ten crates of mushrooms?  :razz:
Duh, what's so LoTR-ish in shrooms, du-ude? We already ship weed. Longbottom weed.
Absolutely nothing.  I'm referencing the  "The Fellowship of the Ring" game.
GetAssista said:
Quest ideas are of no use, let's not spam teh thread. Unless you can also provide the code for the quest together with suggesting that is.
Triglav said:
That is a valid quest idea there.
Keep 'em coming.

Hehe...we're a democratic team, one may think one thing and another another thing. Why we progress slower than some :p

Looking great. My only quibbles: Forlong the Fat should use a spear (too, make it a lance?) and his helmet should be black. (Merlkir's old painting of him is the first result in Google Image Search, haha.)

EDIT: Will there be ambushes with the Rangers? Would be a shame, however small, to use them only as regular missile troops. I think someone made a script for setting those.

nice green fletched arrows!

are those screenshots taken on low settings or have I really forgot how much worse M&B's gfx are to warband? like the ground textrues and stuff look really bad, new models look cool tho ofc.

Bloid said:
Forlong the Fat should use a spear (too, make it a lance?) and his helmet should be black.

We well know that and ****.  :grin: The dude on the pic isn't Forlong himself, but your standard Lossarnach captain. And not sure should we'll give him a unique helmet, due to item limit thingy. Is it worth spending an item slot for something only a single dude uses?

Banok said:
are those screenshots taken on low settings or have I really forgot how much worse M&B's gfx are to warband?

My bad. Didn't max out the graphics and left grass turned off for taking screenshots.

Toffey said:
Is every faction going to have that much variety?

We try to have factions make sense and have logical sorts of variety. With orcs and other baddies being rather less uniformed, we tried to make troops individually varied rather than having many subdivisions. But overall that'd be a yes. Each faction has distinct varieties for various tiers and types of units.

If you port to Warband at some point (in a distant future) you'll get rid of the item limit at least. (And Yoshiboy has found a way to edit the shaders too!)

P.S: Your stuff's looking awesome as always! I almost forgot to write this since it's so obvious.. :smile:

Triglav said:
Bloid said:
Forlong the Fat should use a spear (too, make it a lance?) and his helmet should be black.

We well know that and ****.  :grin: The dude on the pic isn't Forlong himself, but your standard Lossarnach captain. And not sure should we'll give him a unique helmet, due to item limit thingy. Is it worth spending an item slot for something only a single dude uses?
Nah, not really, but you could, perhaps make a normal version of that helmet as taking the item slot, and the Forlong version as a thick or reinforced or otherwise positive item modifier. I forgot the simpler term. :???:

That is actually a good idea, if that works, because we don't use the modifiers. Hm. I want Forlong, nao!

(I'll even draw a new version with helm and spear if we make him :wink:))

trueten said:
Yeah, but with amount of coding stuff the port will take as much time as the development of this version itself.

Yep, I know. That's why I said in a distant future. (I will keep the hope, though.) :wink:

EDIT I: Sorry if it sounded like I wanted you, the team, to rush the mod. That was in no way the intention! Take your time, I can wait for a year or two more. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom