TLD preview

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archers who're actually worth their pay? - Blasphemy!

Actually, thinking back, I've never really considered achers an asset.
It's usually my infantry doing all the work.

Mikir said:

That's very strategic of you  :mrgreen:
Actually archers, crossbowmen,...etc are an essentiel part of an army, in general the army with the better projectiles has the advantage :wink:

James-Antenor said:
Mikir said:

Actually archers, crossbowmen,...etc are an essentiel part of an army, in general the army with the better projectiles has the advantage :wink:

M&B has archers? I thought they were harpists... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lethwin Far Seeker said:
Good! Does that go for the orc and uruk archers too?  I would not mind having the free peoples forces having a bit of an edge in archery compared to the orcs.
The good guys always have an edge on archers. It's the arrows.  :wink:

It'll take some balancing to be sure, because archers mow them down like hay.

James-Antenor said:
And that's bullcrap.  :lol:

James-Antenor said:
Mikir said:

Well, not my army. I prefer to have some axe-throwing, melee-capable lunatics running towards the enemies, compared to a group of guys standing at a distance while shooting me in the back.
And yes, that is how archers do. Nothing else.

Llew2 said:
Lethwin Far Seeker said:
Good! Does that go for the orc and uruk archers too?  I would not mind having the free peoples forces having a bit of an edge in archery compared to the orcs.

It would be nice to increase orc numbers as a way of balancing. As opposed to raising their stats. I don't know how that strikes with Tolkien's books, but I rather like the idea of ****loads of ****heads to shoot/slash.

Of course, I don't need to tell the TLD team anything :wink:

Llew2 said:
Lethwin Far Seeker said:

James-Antenor said:
And that's bullcrap.  :lol:

Yeah I can just imagine Grandmaster knight Llew2 charging with cavalry and infantry against catapults, balistas, and archers, protected by heavy infantry and a long and sturdy spear wall. Your poor bastards would considered as martyrs the way they would have been massacred  :lol:
A game is far from reality  :wink:

Njiekovic said:
Llew2 said:
Lethwin Far Seeker said:

It would be nice to increase orc numbers as a way of balancing. As opposed to raising their stats. I don't know how that strikes with Tolkien's books, but I rather like the idea of ****loads of ****heads to shoot/slash.

Of course, I don't need to tell the TLD team anything :wink:

I agree however victory should not have to rely on archers due to the enemys numbers being sooo great

PS can we make seige battles more frequent than in original?  I love DEFENDING a castle but no one actualy attacks

xRoyal said:
Triglav said:
And we wholeheartedly agree. So why don't you stop spamming?

Nah, I think I'll continue, ****in' moron.
Incredible. So now not only we have annoying bastards in this thread, but assholes too. People like you should burn their computers and just take a walk out of the window.

Wolfhead said:
xRoyal said:
Triglav said:
And we wholeheartedly agree. So why don't you stop spamming?

Nah, I think I'll continue, ****in' moron.
Incredible. So now not only we have annoying bastards in this thread, but assholes too. People like you should burn their computers and just take a walk out of the window.

Burn your computer, mix the ashes with salt, eat the ashes\salt, spread your feces in a big hole, commit suicide and fall into the hole.

Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom