TLD preview

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldn't have, but I laughed. But on that matter, I didn't think this was the "what made you laugh today" thread.

Hitler would also probably find it funny, if he was alive; so that's one thing you guys that find it funny might have in common with him. I don't find it funny, not sure about the moderators here. This would probably be a good time to stop that kind of jokes in this thread, before we have to find out how the moderators feel about it.

Kazzan said:
Oh comon, hasn't anyone got a sense of humor here?  :lol:

Go look up some history of Hitler's time period and still say it's funny.  Unless you have a heart of stone, you probably won't.

All of this happened 60+ years ago, if you can't laugh with a joke about it nowadays, then you're the one with a heart of stone...

(ok, I admit, twas a bad joke, but it's not because something is evil, that you can't make jokes about it...)

You may be right, but this guy will still be on to you:
jew-jitsu.jpg

Fark me. I actually just looked at that picture because I have it saved on my computer  :lol:

But...

On topic:

I will hopefully be sending some rohirric based concept art to of of the devs tomorrow if I get a chance. I would have loved to do so earlier but have been busy.

xRoyal said:
Kazzan said:
Oh comon, hasn't anyone got a sense of humor here?  :lol:

Go look up some history of Hitler's time period and still say it's funny.  Unless you have a heart of stone, you probably won't.
And this only shows how many people know what "Aryan" actually means and how many think it's just something Hitler invented (probably along with the swastika and other such "Hitlerist stuff"). Shame...
I didn't get the joke though. As far as I remember, the entpotion made Merry and Pipin two of the tallest Hobbits in history (though I don't remember anything about longer hair), not much else.

^It appears alot of people only have partial knowledge of wwII history, at this rate you would think they didn't even know donald duck was co-invented by nazi germany.
donaldduck.jpg
All kidding aside, I am going to ask Merlkir if can have a permanent spot as a modeler on the team.

In case any of you are wondering why those of us developing TLD get a bit snotty with people here at times...

A couple of pages back (pg.186) a big faction update was posted. Got about 5 meaningful replies.
A lame, completely unrelated joke then abducted the next three pages.

Makes us wander what's the point in giving meaningful updates, if we could just drop in a bad joke now and then and the thread would be rolling along. :???:

Hi Triglav, I'm really exited about your work right now. It's getting pretty big. I got a little question about the new version. Will there be more random troops and enemy's in general.
Because as I played the last TLD it was a pretty rough task to find some of those.
Allthough you are doing nice work and don't lose your motivation, because of some stupid jokes.
There are enough fans awaiting your new third age :wink:
As a little hint, perhaps you could close this thread for posts and open another one for the talking about your work. Because often I don't get news because of the nonsense threads.

Greetings
Tarantino

Hi Tarantino, thank you.

I can't entirely answer the question on "more random troops".
Troop movement will be dictated by the new war system which is in development.
But unlike native 1.0xx, we will retain the old "patrols", "scouts", "hosts", "legions" that spawn in set intervals and patrol the map.
So there will definitely be plenty of enemies to fight. At times perhaps even too many.
There might be some difficulty finding them in the huge Mirkwood or Easterling lands, but we're looking at solutions for this as well.

And as for a new thread. Once we pretty much complete the faction equipping (gear is about 98% done, putting it into the module system is being done now...) we will probably (if people are nice) do another preview. That will be a new topic, but we can also expect that one to be spammed with senseless crap soon...unfortunately.

First of all I wish to congratulate with the whole team because I bought Mount and Blade almost only to play TLD back in the days of the 0.751 series, so I'm looking forward to have my greedy hands on the new version!

Then, having said how much I appreciate your efforts, I would like to know how will be handled the lords for the evil faction: does Mordor have Nazguls, as black knights, leading their army? or you just use the host-thing putting some anonimous leader in charge?
I apologize if it has already been answered but in 190 pages I'm not able to find all the information I need to keep up the hype  ^^

Astinus said:
First of all I wish to congratulate with the whole team because I bought Mount and Blade almost only to play TLD back in the days of the 0.751 series, so I'm looking forward to have my greedy hands on the new version!

Then, having said how much I appreciate your efforts, I would like to know how will be handled the lords for the evil faction: does Mordor have Nazguls, as black knights, leading their army? or you just use the host-thing putting some anonimous leader in charge?
I apologize if it has already been answered but in 190 pages I'm not able to find all the information I need to keep up the hype  ^^

Thank you, Astinus.

While Nazguls might make cameo appearances in the mod (as they did in the previous TLD versions, shrieking over the battlefield, scaring the bejeesus outta good guys), they will almost certainly not be leading armies. You could hardly expect us to allow the player a chance to knock out a Nazgul with a single couched lance hit. Nazguls are too uber for that.

Mordor hosts will be led by Mordor captains. Black Numenorean humans. But their black robed gear and iron helms are reminiscent of the Nazgul in many ways.

Triglav said:
Astinus said:

Thank you, Astinus.

While Nazguls might make cameo appearances in the mod (as they did in the previous TLD versions, shrieking over the battlefield, scaring the bejeesus outta good guys), they will almost certainly not be leading armies. You could hardly expect us to allow the player a chance to knock out a Nazgul with a single couched lance hit. Nazguls are too uber for that.

Mordor hosts will be led by Mordor captains. Black Numenorean humans. But their black robed gear and iron helms are reminiscent of the Nazgul in many ways.
yeah you are right I didn't realize that if put in the game you should have been able to knock them out... However it has been a while since I played TLD so I don't remember very well: weren't the nazguls just a message that appeared some times in battles saying that they scarred your troops?
and for the other races, are you planning to have armies led by other anonymous commanders or other "minor" charcaters like Erkenbrand and Imrahil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom