TLD preview

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver Wolf said:
DaBlade said:
Dwarves will be in the next version, being part of the North expansion. We have stuff done for them already.
Wait a minute .... What about hitboxes? Did you manage to change them?
wat is a hit box?

and i preview with dwarves would be cool

jacob25 said:
wat is a hit box?

and i preview with dwarves would be cool

I think a hit box is the area where the enemy will take damage.  So if they didn't make the dwarf hitboxes shorter, then you could swing/aim over a dwarf's head and get a head-shot.

At least I think that's what they mean.

That is exactly what it means. And I am still thinking how TLD will implement it, since I thought hitboxes and skeletons were un-moddable. But since the team announced that dwarfs will be in, I am certain they have worked around that.

Y'know, there was a rumor when the first version of non-beta MnB was out that the hitboxes would finally be moddable. I forgot what happened to that.

Ah well, there's a version of it every release anyway.

well dwarves would be really cool :grin: i think it would look kinda stupid when an arrow is stuck about 5 inches above a dwarves head

give-me T!!!!    give me L!!!!    GIVE ME D !!!!!  TLD!!!!!!

ah that wasn't funny :roll: no one is loughting  :cry: ahh why I did that!  :neutral:

atolest said:
give-me T!!!!    give me L!!!!    GIVE ME D !!!!!  TLD!!!!!!

ah that wasn't funny :roll: no one is loughting  :cry: ahh why I did that!  :neutral:

FACEPALM.jpg

:grin: you made me.

Stop ****ing spamming!!! Go raise your ****ing postcounts somewhere else!

the1ringer said:
Gah... must resist... correcting... misuse of... dwarfs... and dwarves.... aaaagh!  :wink:

well i'm not english or american. i don't speak english perfectly.
if i made a mistake, then you are welcome to correct me. :wink:

shadowknight said:
well i'm not english or american. i don't speak english perfectly.
Nor am I, but you are correct that the plural of "dwarf" is "dwarves" (when talking about the creatures in Tolkien's books), but it should be "above a dwarf's head" instead of "a dwarves head", because it is only about one dwarf. Not that it matters though, because your posts are perfectly understandable.

Really looking forward to dwarves, especially if a method is found to change the hitboxes, because that might also be used to make orcs smaller and trolls bigger.

dekelt said:
Really looking forward to dwarves, especially if a method is found to change the hitboxes, because that might also be used to make orcs smaller and trolls bigger.
Well, lets not get optimistic. Stick to pesimism and the result can only be better.

It will probably be a very uncool way to smuggle dwarves into the mod and will crash without a even a moments notice, with arrows sticking into a dwarf 30 inches above his head. They will also give them repeater crossbowz! OMFG! and muzketz!  :mrgreen: :eek: :shock: :???: :neutral: :roll:  :mrgreen: ...

Ahrg! I want to know more about these dwarves... >.<
Servitor

Servitor said:
Preview you mean. But yea ... Maybe a preview of the dwarves?  :eek:
Yeah, that was a grammar mistake on my part. You are correct, but I don't think enough stuff on the dwarfs has been done, to be able to show them as a faction in a preview. The TLD team has always valued quality, they won't show anything until it is (at least) almost completed. Of course, there is always the option that the dwarfs will be a surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom