TLD preview

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pagan said:
TLD is more truthful to middle-earth then the movies or any EA game ever were. It is based off of the books, NOT the films. Which couldn't even stick to the bloody book of the century storyline, but thought they could improved it... nuff said.

Amen brother! I hope this is true. Actually all the animals in TLD should be made like Tolkien describes in his Bestiary. That would be awesome!

Keep this great work :wink:

damn, those illustrations by Victor Ambrus are incredisome. I wish I had more...I have the book, but it's not exactly canon.

Silver Wolf said:
There is a mod which adds dead men of Dunharrow in Calradia.... you could use it as a resource ----> http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,104.0.html

Holy...I was thinking undead. Now that's something else and WOW that's impressive.

Merlkir said:
no, the Oathbreakers are not in. Maybe not yet, I don't know.

If I am reading this thread right: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,55326.0.html Undead are already coded into the game. I mean if their area is on the map it would only make sense to add them if you can. They were there from the start of the Third Age to the end of it.

ejnomad07 said:
Silver Wolf said:
There is a mod which adds dead men of Dunharrow in Calradia.... you could use it as a resource ----> http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,104.0.html

Holy...I was thinking undead. Now that's something else and WOW that's impressive.

Merlkir said:

If I am reading this thread right: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,55326.0.html Undead are already coded into the game. I mean if their area is on the map it would only make sense to add them if you can. They were there from the start of the Third Age to the end of it.

I don't think it would. What would they do? they follow only Aragorn so you can't recruit them. Fight them? You can't, they're ghosts..

Merlkir said:
ejnomad07 said:
Silver Wolf said:

Merlkir said:

I don't think it would. What would they do? they follow only Aragorn so you can't recruit them. Fight them? You can't, they're ghosts..

Nonsense. If the elves could make swords that turned blue in the presence of Orks. I'm sure their weapons could battle the dead, but it's your mod.

EDIT: Come to think of it. I do believe sting was used to kill a Barrow-wight.

Also will Tom Bombadil make an appearence?

*sigh*

- sadly, we do not know of any effects elven swords might have against spirits as no battle like this happened in the books.
- even so, you'd especially seek a magical elven blade and then go yourself alone into the mountain to fight an army of ghosts? see where I'm going?
- the barrow wight got his hand chopped off by Frodo using one of the blades of westernesse (presumably. It's called a "short sword" found in the barrow) that got splintered to the hilt after it hit. Barrow wight was defeated by a song of Tom Bombadil. Frodo didn't have Sting at that time, he got it later in Rivendell.  It's interesting to compare the effect of a sword hitting the wight and later Merry's sword cutting the Witchking. Both got ****ed up and those were blades of Westernesse. It still doesn't tell us anything about elven weapons. We could guess, but would you be carrying a bag full of magic swords to fight an army of ghosts?
- Tom Bombadil...húmm, dunno. Hasn't happened yet, but might, if the map extends that far. It'd be cute.

There is a LOTR game in which you must pass the paths of the dead and fight the ghosts in order to gain their affection...... This may not be completely lore accurate but dead men of Dunharrow would be a nice addition to this mod.

Silver Wolf said:
There is a LOTR game in which you must pass the paths of the dead and fight the ghosts in order to gain their affection...... This may not be completely lore accurate but dead men of Dunharrow would be a nice addition to this mod.

As much as I love Return of the King (which is the game you mentioned), I still don't think adding the Oathbreakers has sense in terms of lore and that it would be good for the gameplay.

this will be totally off subject but will you be able to loot the wargs and buy them in the horse merchant place cause in old one i couldnt it wouldnt work  :wink:

wow those are cool oathbreakers but i think oathbreakers are too overpowered to put in the game like at the battle at gondor  i think they should be a challenge to lvl up and keep working till you CAN kill them

Merlkir said:
*sigh*

- sadly, we do not know of any effects elven swords might have against spirits as no battle like this happened in the books.
- even so, you'd especially seek a magical elven blade and then go yourself alone into the mountain to fight an army of ghosts? see where I'm going?
- the barrow wight got his hand chopped off by Frodo using one of the blades of westernesse (presumably. It's called a "short sword" found in the barrow) that got splintered to the hilt after it hit. Barrow wight was defeated by a song of Tom Bombadil. Frodo didn't have Sting at that time, he got it later in Rivendell.  It's interesting to compare the effect of a sword hitting the wight and later Merry's sword cutting the Witchking. Both got ****ed up and those were blades of Westernesse. It still doesn't tell us anything about elven weapons. We could guess, but would you be carrying a bag full of magic swords to fight an army of ghosts?
- Tom Bombadil...húmm, dunno. Hasn't happened yet, but might, if the map extends that far. It'd be cute.

okay so your completely ingoring the ONLY :roll: sword that can kill them and im preety sure it Anduril aragorns sword

Mudkip737 said:
this will be totally off subject but will you be able to loot the wargs and buy them in the horse merchant place cause in old one i couldnt it wouldnt work  :wink:

Only evil players can find / buy wargs.

As for the Oathbreakers, my point in the last few posts was: You can't kill them! You probably maybe wedon'tknow could if you had an elven sword or the sword of westernesse. But it'd be one sword per a spirit. You simply can't amass that many swords to fight the whole ghost army. Get it? 

also, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT TO BLOODY FIGHT THEM?! god...I just don't get it. They're sitting there in their mountain, waiting for Aragorn to order them *****es around, doing nothing. You want the cursed treasure from the paths of the dead? aren't you kinda supposed to be fighting in the War?!

damn...**** this.

edit:
ohoho, this is too good..

okay so your completely ingoring the ONLY :roll: sword that can kill them and im preety sure it Anduril aragorns sword
sooo, I assume you've only seen the movies? otherwise I can't explain this incredibly ****tard post. Don't you ****ing dare roll eyes at me ever again, mister! also, **** you!

Merlkir said:
Mudkip737 said:

Only evil players can find / buy wargs.

As for the Oathbreakers, my point in the last few posts was: You can't kill them! You probably maybe wedon'tknow could if you had an elven sword or the sword of westernesse. But it'd be one sword per a spirit. You simply can't amass that many swords to fight the whole ghost army. Get it? 

also, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT TO BLOODY FIGHT THEM?! god...I just don't get it. They're sitting there in their mountain, waiting for Aragorn to order them *****es around, doing nothing. You want the cursed treasure from the paths of the dead? aren't you kinda supposed to be fighting in the War?!

damn...**** this.

edit:
ohoho, this is too good..

sooo, I assume you've only seen the movies? otherwise I can't explain this incredibly ****tard post. Don't you ****ing dare roll eyes at me ever again, mister! also, **** you!

oh yea i forgot i only watched movies but i think you should put in the nazguls and the witch king if you havent already they should be lords who follow saron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom