TLD preview

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunlessdaysrise said:
I completely understand that, But since they cannot show such restraint those of us who retain a more intelligent mature demeanor can at least be better then they are, by not instigating their persistent badgering. But in this case it was asked once and he/she asked as to the progress of the mod rather then a release date. So all the people attacking this person is fruitless, considering the accused is being accused of something that wasn't said. So those that chose to attack and badger the person are the idiots in this case because they cannot use their eyes to read what the person actually said. It's just the fact that they took what he said out of context and warped it to say what they wanted it to...

MANOWAR FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROAR!!!!! LET FREEDOM RING!!!! FOR ODIN WE FIGHT!

also can i get nerd points for building my own comp? :mrgreen:

Adorno said:
:shock:

EDIT: Okay, I have regained the use of my tongue. You've done some amazing work.
I've really missed those wargs, with their incredible agility. Thanks for the preview  :smile:

OMG Is iT you ADORNO aint you that guy how makes friggin hilarious vids(ON YOUTUBE) they own Seriously give me your autograph????

Is the newTLD going to include the witch king as one of the lords? Will you actually see Sauron? Is Mount Doom going to be accessible? And finally seeing as you made those mounts that appear as if thay change the skeleton are you going to be able to make Creatures such as The Balrog or the mounts the Riders use or even an Oliphant? I just figured I'd ask these questions because I (and most likely many other people) want to get an idea of how much this mod will have in common with the world that Tolkein created known as LOTR... Plus I want to know if you found some way around the restrictions to the skeletal system set by M&B.

i'm not the person from the dev team to answer this, and i hope i don't upset anyone, but lets have a close look at your questions.

i believe the wargs are just re-modeled and textured by the ever crafty brutus, as it says on first page under the pics, so not a new skeleton i believe

Sauron - Did ANYONE see him. other then a great big eye. he has no body, so whats to see.
Balrog - Did ANYONE other then the **** scared random orcs or the fellowship see him. or of course now dead moria dwarves. And balrogs are not a dime a dozen in middle-earth.
Oliphants - They are in the original TLD when you visit Harad camps. as to their use in battle. subject to skeletal work, of which i know nothing about and AW has comment on several times already.

TLD is more truthful to middle-earth then the movies or any EA game ever were. It is based off of the books, NOT the films. Which couldn't even stick to the bloody book of the century storyline, but thought they could improved it... nuff said.

also the world tolkein created was known as middle-earth not LOTR, but  LOTR was, i accept, a foot note in its massive history. read the silmarillion some time, all will become clear.

EDIT: Sorry if the post comes across harsh, it's not ment to be, just that my ring hole really starts to burn lately with all the tolkein scholars who have seen the movies.

By the Third Age Sauron wasn't a physical Eye; more like a humanoid with a metaphysical Eye. On one hand, Tolkien describes Sauron's physical form as "a man of more than human stature, but not gigantic." (This is actually in a letter though.) On the other hand Frodo sees the Eye: "The Eye was rimmed with fire, but was itself glazed, yellow as a cat's, watchful and intent, and the black slit of its pupil opened on a pit, a window into nothing." But later the Eye is described as "that horrible growing sense of a hostile will that strove with great power to pierce all shadows of cloud, and earth, and flesh, and to see you: to pin you under its deadly gaze, naked, immovable." So it seems the Eye is a psychic manifestation, or astral projection, or whatever.

Bottom line, just not as he was shown in the films  :wink:

Will we see much of the Dúnedain? God knows there won't be many of them but they're basically a one man skirmish party, if not army.

We have Dunedain in the current version and will have them in the next. In the current version the player can recruit them at the Rivendel camp by spending influence points.

i honestly dislike the movie compared to the books which (in my opinion) depict the story so much better...But what about mount doom is it visitable? And how about the people in the Fellowship can we meet them? Or if we're evil can we converse with the eye (lol that'd be pretty awkward). Last but certainly not least...Is there going to be a magic system of some sort implemented so that players can be a wizard and possibly make gandolf look wimpy?

Last time I checked they would not implent magic because it was very few where was a wizard, 7 after the films and after my count it is gandalf, sauroman and, the brown wizard(does always forget his name) and the twin blue wizards, these last ones I am not so sure about but here goes, Galadriel, Thranduil.

The twin wizards was in a country behind Ruhun and Mordor, Yes it is a land behind them.

There's some magic going on in the current version. Of course, magic in Tolkien has absolutely nothing to do with D&D magic.

TLD is an adaptation of the M&B engine to a (Third Age) Middle Earth setting, not exactly to the LOTR part of the story, so it wouldn't make much sense to meet the fellowship and/or some of the other characters.

Rydmer said:
... sauroman and, the brown wizard(does always forget his name) and the twin blue wizards, these last ones I am not so sure about but here goes, Galadriel, Thranduil.

The twin wizards was in a country behind Ruhun and Mordor, Yes it is a land behind them.

Brown wizard was Radagast the Brown, I believe.

My first post ever on M&B forums!  And can't wait for TLD.

BTW, I tried doing a TLD install on ver .808 and it continually crashes.  What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom