TLD preview

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Hobbits? They'd be easier to implement than dwarves as you'd just have to scale down the existing character models. Beating up Hobbits is ever so much fun, especially if you have them act as the Looters.

Birger Jarl said:
What about Hobbits? They'd be easier to implement than dwarves as you'd just have to scale down the existing character models. Beating up Hobbits is ever so much fun, especially if you have them act as the Looters.

yeah, so much easier. Still impossible.

Birger Jarl said:
Just take a little read of the last couple pages. Same problem for both of them.

Silver Wolf said:
I think that it's not possible to make nazgul and dwarfs in M&B....it doesn't support custom skeletons or something like that

well maybe....if u replaced the model of a horse...and applied the ability to fly using the BSG mod stuff.

It would still move like a horse, the BSG mod's Viper is not based on a hose. And for "applied the flying used in the BSG mod" that would be extremely difficult considering the amount of stuff layered on top of it.

....Finally, new on TLD, the only mod aside from paleotithic i really loved...cant wait for this to come out.

Once more raising tows with my Uruk legions, cutting Rohrim horses down with my 2 headed axe and crushing the skull of its rider....putting my arrows deep into the faces of the warriors of the White City....eating prisoners and beating the life out of those pesky Elves...ahhhh...i just came a little  :mrgreen:

SacredDutchman said:
....Finally, new on TLD, the only mod aside from paleotithic i really loved...cant wait for this to come out.

Once more raising tows with my Uruk legions, cutting Rohrim horses down with my 2 headed axe and crushing the skull of its rider....putting my arrows deep into the faces of the warriors of the White City....eating prisoners and beating the life out of those pesky Elves...ahhhh...i just came a little  :mrgreen:

Yummy, sounds good, man, I´ll have Chicken McFrodo and a Merry-a-dog-Meal with Took-O-Bell-Salsa  :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:

Can´t wait to play this one, that´s gonna be the one thing ......  :grin:

It would be awesome if the Wargs had higher charge to represent their vicious charging into infantry and smashing them about.

It seems as if I'll have to optimize my system, make sure everything is running smoothly for the release. I'm going to pull out all the graphical and battle size stops for this.

You need not ask my opinion on the mod. Excellent work. I wouldn't be surprised if you, as a group, went on to form your own company in a couple years. It has happened before.

I've reinstalled .808 and TLD in honor of these new screenshots, and even with the outdated graphics and game features, TLD is still more immersive and fun than the current native and most mods!  The only things I really miss are raiding villages and sieges and I can live without them for TLD.  I really cannot wait for this updated mod so I can have my cake and eat it too.  With both TLD and 1866 coming, I guess I will have to give up sleeping!

Just a couple of points:  I love the screens, but please think about changing the Wargs' tails from the lion/buffalo look to a more wolfish version.

The Warriors of Rhun still amaze me.  I've always wanted to have M&B warriors dressed in that good old '70s Frank Frazetta style!  Someone said this style looked 'too fantasy'.  Um... Isn't Lord of the Rings precisely that?  Fantasy!

Please continue to allow evil players to convert captives to rations.  The transgressive nature of this act of virtual cannibalism is just one of the many fun features of TLD that make it so enjoyable.

Also, why so much strict adherence to copyright laws about the LOTR music?  I mean, the whole TLD mod is basically one big copyright infringement, isn't it?  Worrying about the legal aspect of using the movie music for it is kind of like the fat man ordering a diet Coke with his triple bacon and cheese supersize Whopper combo.  I'm not trying to insult anyone, of course.  It just seems odd to worry about this in light of the overall mass unlicensed use of Tolkien intellectual properties.

Would you post the LOTR music as a torrent, so all the people who didn't buy it can then have it? i didn't think so. Putting it for pirate download and putting it in your mod are the same thing. You don't have to make any money, the problem is the owners of the copyright won't either and thats why you will be sued. The mod itself is not piracy because such things are mostly ignored as fan art.

NOW, as to the music TLD will have, i may suggest to the guys if they would like to post a track for you all to hear at some point. Just like the guys are working hard on the mod, i too am working hard on the music to compliment their work, and there is a lot of it. More then native. Also, consider for a moment why the LOTR film music doesn't work. Much of the film music is samish (albeit awesome), gondor, rohan the elves and orcs have theme music,. what about everyone else? Rhun, Khand, Dwarves, Haradrim and the rest of the easterlings, Dunland and so on. you going to have the same film music playing over and over and over and over for battles,towns,map,siege,arena yadda yadda. that would get tired quickly i think.

These guys (TLD Dev team) have made the tolkein world, more far reaching and all encompassing then any official game and the movies combined ever have, it seems to me TLD is setting the standard for LOTR gaming, it deserves no less then ITS OWN soundtrack. i hope i can do it justice.

Yeah, weve got pagan making cool stuff.

Community standards are what's most important for modders here and IIRC, mods who post copyrighted music get yanked.  I believe Janus said you couldnt host them at the repository either.  Just fyi for those who might consider it.

Sounds great. I can't wait to ride a warg to battle. :grin:

Merlkir said:
Birger Jarl said:

yeah, so much easier. Still impossible.

Didn't HokieBT have some sort of solution?.. I'll take a look.

Here's how HokieBT makes Jawa's and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom