TLD preview

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xendor

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
I have a question; Is this mod based on the LotR movies or only tolkien's books? It looks like it's based on books and that's the difference between TLD and Last Alliance
 

Merlkir

Xendor said:
I have a question; Is this mod based on the LotR movies or only tolkien's books? It looks like it's based on books and that's the difference between TLD and Last Alliance
you answered yourself. :wink: We're books based.
 

Merlkir

Even if the movie music wasn't under copyright and using it in the mod wasn't illegal, we still have our own amazing composer Pagan. The music he's composed so far is incredible. You'll see. Hear. Eh.
 

Triglav

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
Xendor said:
So we will not hear those wonderfull lotr movie musics. Great mod indeed
Those are copyrighted anyway. You can't just drop them into a mod.
But you can buy a CD and play it while playing the game.

:wink:
 

Qtee

Sergeant
Best answers
0
Yay this post has totally made my day / week, love TLD, used to play the old iron crown pen and paper RPG and read a lot of the source books, there are some incredibly cool factions in the war of the ring that do not feature much in the book (or movie), those screenies look awesome!!!
 

Sidus Preclarum

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWB
Best answers
0
Qtee said:
Yay this post has totally made my day / week, love TLD, used to play the old iron crown pen and paper RPG
The "rolemaster  light" one with the critical hit tables (teh lulz) and the bloody spell lists (teh uuurgh  :mad: ) ?
Was my first RPG :p
The system really had nothing to do with the setting  :lol:
 

Xendor

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
Triglav said:
Those are copyrighted anyway. You can't just drop them into a mod.
Normally, you can't. But I think copyrights should be ignored for modding. We don't sell mods, don't earn money from this. You have no copyright for tolkien's lotr books too, but you'r using it with making TLD. It's illegal as using movie musics. But anyway, it's just a mod, so don't mind copyrights. I mean, I don't think anyone will charge me because of I'm using lotr musics or middle-earth story in a free mod.

In the end, it means yes, I can just drop them into a mod and nobody cares.
 

Merlkir

no you can't. It's copyrighted music. If people haven't bought the CD, they have no right to listen to it. If you distribute it with a mod, you're commiting a crime - distribution of copyrighted material.
 

Æon

Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
I noticed that some of the horses legs are thicker than the others. Are you using that effect for only Rhun faction? Because I think thats a very good effect since the horses with the thicker legs are the ones that are armored.
 

bgfan

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWB
Best answers
0
Can't w8 for the release...although I am a little sad about Rivendell being inaccessible. But that's nothing to whine about when a mod this good is on its way to the public!!!!!
 

dablade

Master Knight
Best answers
0
Folthrik said:
I noticed that some of the horses legs are thicker than the others. Are you using that effect for only Rhun faction? Because I think thats a very good effect since the horses with the thicker legs are the ones that are armored.
Those are custom models mad by Brutus. We don't have custom models for all the factions, at least not yet :razz: Maybe Brutus will make some more, but if he doesn't have time for it we'll be using native models. We'll see :smile:
 

Sound Chaser

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
0
I love the heraldrics in the galadhrim infantry's shields. The red one looks a bit like a shoot-em-up game, but that is not relevant.
 

Akselst

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
Xendor said:
So we will not hear those wonderfull lotr movie musics. Great mod indeed
No, we will hear those lovely Pagan composed songs, which Tolkien wrote himself!  :smile:

Merlkir said:
no you can't. It's copyrighted music. If people haven't bought the CD, they have no right to listen to it. If you distribute it with a mod, you're commiting a crime - distribution of copyrighted material.
I dam all copyrighting! It's just stupid that someone can own the sounds they have made. The air is for everyone so is the sound! Anyway I can't see how they can copyright the songs when it actually were Tolkien that wrote them? If someone should copyright them then it's Tolkien, and that will never happend so...  :???:

By the way, nice mod! I'm really looking forward to it, with or without the damn copyrighted music. I probably gonna love it anyway!  :grin:

PS: Just take those bloody songs, no one will mind!  :wink:
 

Dúnadan

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
Great stuff, guys! Newsied!

Do I detect some inspiration from the Fourth Age: Total War in the Men of Rhûn? Probably not so strange if Prof. was involved in making them  :razz:
 

Merlkir

Dúnadan said:
Do I detect some inspiration from the Fourth Age: Total War in the Men of Rhûn? Probably not so strange if Prof. was involved in making them  :razz:
I don't think so, those are our own creations. Prof hasn't been with us for a LOOONG time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.