TLD - looking for dedicated scene prop/landscape creators and others

Users who are viewing this thread

Merlkir

Believe it or not, we're actually getting stuff done and TLD is quite playable in a really early form. However, while we do have most armours and weapons and stuff like that, we're in need of landscape and scene props and trees and rocks and bridges and all that kind of stuff.

If you can do this and seriously want to help, head on here:

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2181.0.html

Please, do NOT disappear! We had a guy make a wonderful cave building set and then disappear on us. This is really demotivating.

We are always in need of hand-made landscapes for battlefields.
MB is fairly ok for generating plains and steppes, but anything more complex, like adding a river, forest, hills or ravines is no good. Not to mention more pronounced features like roads, fords, paths e.t.c

But that, I guess, can be said for practically any mod. In fact, it's puzzling that no such OSP project exists,  since people are complaining about terrain generation for ages. And making a big enough pack of maps for vanilla together with entry points randomization can really spice things up. I guess, map makers are just a bit too concentrated on constructing really special maps :smile:

Ahh well I would REALLY love to help, but I don't think my skills are adequate for something like this. If you guys do decide to port to Warband, though, let me know as I already have pretty decent Mines of Moria and Minas Tirith maps running on our clan's Native server, and you are free to use them for whatever if you would like. If you need a scener though, I bet, if given the right models(I'm not so good at modeling haha), I could probably make nice interpretations of both for single player, as I had to shrink them both for balance in MP.

AFAIK we don't need sceners and we do have Minas Tirith and Moria scenes.

guilemaster said:
Out of curiosity, how are you implementing the Mines of Moria? Is it a town or something?
Soon, Master Elf, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the Dwarves! Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat off the bone! This, my friend, is the home of my cousin Balin. And they call it a mine. A MINE!... (c)  :mrgreen:

Well, hard to say. "As much as possible" would be the correct answer, but useless one :smile:

What's useful IMO is to have the sets of some kind of scenes. Like e.g. 4 different scenes of small river on plains.
So that we can randomize the situation enough w/o much repetitiveness.

I offer my services as a prop builder, even though I don't think they will be accepted. :^{
(my history with TLD has shown me as unreliable, which I am sometimes)

Barf said:
I offer my services as a prop builder, even though I don't think they will be accepted. :^{
(my history with TLD has shown me as unreliable, which I am sometimes)

yeahm, I think the unreliability was the other way. We'll be happy to have you do something for us, really!

Back
Top Bottom