tk bans getting a little outta hand here

Users who are viewing this thread

There's a player named "Excellen" who runs around hitting bots during captain matches. He hits them once so he doesn't kill them. I'm sure he has a lot of reports and thousands of TK damage by now. I'm not sure what the threshold is, but it seems like it should have automatically banned him by now.

We teamkill him and all of his bots so he can't play, but his total TK damage has to be much much higher than ours.

(He runs away instead of fighting back, it's pretty pathetic.)

We are checking the timings of the logs. We never ban a player that just hit their teammates one time.
There is a teamkilling duo in NA skirmish que that use 2h's and try to stack their "one time" hits on people they don't like. They do not seem to be getting banned because they are using your criteria to evade you.

I am experienced enough that I occasionally humor them by blocking both at the same time (and taunting with Sad!) provided they are using slow weapons until the enemy kills them, but this policy of "can't fight back" is nonsensical and morally abhorrent. Over here in Murica' we have laws based around the principle of "stand your ground" and "no duty to retreat". I think I speak for most if not all of the NA competitive community when I say that we WILL kill these teamkilling trolls when they engage in such obnoxious behavior.

It's silly that you do not want us to self-moderate against such stupidity in order to compensate for Taleworld's lack of an effective punishment system.

We are and will review every report we receive and we will punish anyone who does not want to obey the general rules. You can call that lack of an effective punishment system and continue to not obey the rules. But please note that we will punish who kills their teammates. "Self-moderation" by killing is not self-moderation.

We are and will review every report we receive and we will punish anyone who does not want to obey the general rules. You can call that lack of an effective punishment system and continue to not obey the rules. But please note that we will punish who kills their teammates. "Self-moderation" by killing is not self-moderation.
I have been a moderator on various games for the better part of a decade. I know how log systems work. I will not be fooled by this type of argument to ethics that the developers and community support are trying to push in order to prevent people from ruining their games by killing the teamkillers.

The real reason you do not want people to kill teamkillers is because you have a primitive log system and no other way to analyze the rule-breaking occurring in games. Based off of from what I can see of how people are describing both bans and their reports, and also how the admins talk about the report system I can make a couple of assumptions.

1. Your log system shows the exact same in-game chat and combat logs that we see in-game along with dates.
2. You scan logs with some type of search that flags things like excessive teamhits in a period of time, and you ban what you consider "too many" teamhits without looking for context as you are sifting through the reports quickly, and do not wish to view the full log. (This is why you don't want people to defend themselves against Tk'ers since you sift through bans very quickly and do not look at full in-game chat context)
3. As in-game admins, you probably have little to zero functionality (such as being able to spectate active games/ban people you see in-game using in-game moderation features), and probably can only distribute bans through a web portal that you have to log in to outside of the actual game.
4. It does not appear that your log system recorded PID's for at least the beginning of its implementation, and you were simply banning people off of their IP (which is easily changed).
5. You are unable to easily track repeat offenders of rule violations, if at all.

For the size of the game you are trying to implement such a report system into, what you have currently is a lack of an effective punishment system. In trying to make up for the limited functionality and large inflow of reports it seems like you have become jaded to context as you are time-constrained. In fact it appears you were in such a rush and under such a time constraint, that you didn't even have a rule-list on the forums for the first month or so of the report system's release, and many people were banned during this time. You still lack a rule-list that is easily accessible in-game and does not require looking for it on this obscure forum of which most Bannerlord players do not have an account, or even know exists.

While I can understand your reasons for not being able to consider context under such restraints, not considering context in dispersing your bans is far more unethical than an individual trying to salvage his trolled game by killing team-killers.

Sad!

This is not the way you handle this. Report the player and endure the bad experience of that particular game. Does that sound weird? Absolutely. But keep in mind that we're in early access and we have features such as vote-kick in progress that will resolve this issue.
YES!! We desperately need a vote-kick feature.

If someone is methodically teamhitting, I will never not kill them. I want to win, and preventing them from griefing the game is tantamount to that goal.

Back
Top Bottom