tk bans getting a little outta hand here

Users who are viewing this thread

soul_jak

Sergeant at Arms
so the problem is u tk someone let's say by accident missed swing or whatever, u cant type "sorry mb" cuz u in a fight. they report u and get auto muted so after u outta the fight they don't see ur apology then u banned. i feel the bans should show up if ur obviously team-killing like let's say 2-3 team kills per round? honestly, i think banning for tk shouldn't be a thing instead streamline that vote 2 kick option cuz too many cases can be human error. chat racism\bullying i get, ban that. but it would be better to be kicked from matches than not able to log in at all. just my thoughts.

btw never been banned because my skill is through the roof and everyone loves me obviously speaking for a friend here

I think this is really an issue. Especially in Captain mode, friendly fire is a thing. Miss your target and hit your own guy just stepping into the arrow's path. Hack and slay in a big melee fight and hitting the wrong guys by accident. Should not lead to a ban.

Usually a single kill, especially with an apology in the chat, should not result in a ban. As far as I know the chat logs are available for consideration when viewing the report, so you should usually do the right thing and apologise.
In the heat of battle, especially in Skirmish, that won't be an option right away, but I doubt bans are carried out for a single teamkill in a single match.

They can put messages with the ban but not the logs for why you were banned? Like cmon, just send the logs as a message or something, really shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Hopefully people will give a player the opportunity to prove that they are not just TKing on purpose before reporting them by just continuing to observe or even better communicate your grievances with them politely. The first time you get TK'd assume its an accident, if it continues then report. Also maybe assume someone is brand new, there are a lot of new captain players who seem (to an experienced player) to be trolling, but in reality they are just trying to work out what the hell is going on and more often than not they wont confess they are new until the 3rd round after 2 losses where the finger of blame could be pointed at them for the loss. If they were reported in round one because they seemed to be trolling or accidently TK'd that would probably be the last time they would try MP and our player base further shrinks.

Lol.. You probably were tking on purpose. I played with you not too long ago
Lol like I said I’m not banned dev who bans can back that up lol I’m literally speaking for a friend who got banned and it seems like every week someone is getting banned for tk

We are checking the timings of the logs. We never ban a player that just hit their teammates one time. Players will be banned if they team hit excessively in a small time frame (Hitting the same team mate, or another team mate at least 3-4 times under 10 seconds for example). We are checking if its warmup or not. And please note that we can only act on reported issues.

We are checking the timings of the logs. We never ban a player that just hit their teammates one time. Players will be banned if they team hit excessively in a small time frame (Hitting the same team mate, or another team mate at least 3-4 times under 10 seconds for example). We are checking if its warmup or not. And please note that we can only act on reported issues.
got it thx but i still think that's a bit too harsh, maybe have it be if two or more people report? idk or limit the ban to a few hours not a whole day, cuz there are tournaments or scheduled matches going on and having a teammate out for the count kinda sucks or worse its someones day off but they cant play so they just have to stare at the screen and imagine what could have been

Hello. We have separate criteria for captain and skirmish modes, taking into account that teamhits happen more often on captain mode. If you teamkill someone by accident and have no time to say "sorry" then that's not an issue. Our criteria excludes incidents like that. We focus on signs of intentional teamhits and teamkilling.

If a person truly feels he has been banned unjustly, he can let us know his in-game name and we can take a second look at the incident.

Please note that sometimes teamkilling does not spoil the game for other players, for example if there is a troll in your team who's delaying every round on purpose, not trying to kill anyone and just running away and hiding somewhere. It's our sacred duty to kill that guy on spawn to prevent 5min round delays. Another example is when you have AFK player in your team who's not moving several rounds in a row, and if you want to win, you can tk him to get his weapon. This kind of teamkilling doesn't hurt anyone.
P.S. please don't ban me now for this confession

Please note that sometimes teamkilling does not spoil the game for other players, for example if there is a troll in your team who's delaying every round on purpose, not trying to kill anyone and just running away and hiding somewhere. It's our sacred duty to kill that guy on spawn to prevent 5min round delays. Another example is when you have AFK player in your team who's not moving several rounds in a row, and if you want to win, you can tk him to get his weapon. This kind of teamkilling doesn't hurt anyone.
P.S. please don't ban me now for this confession
This is not the way you handle this. Report the player and endure the bad experience of that particular game. Does that sound weird? Absolutely. But keep in mind that we're in early access and we have features such as vote-kick in progress that will resolve this issue.

and we have features such as vote-kick in progress that will resolve this issue.
This is a blessing to hear. I've got my first ban for TKing someone intentionally hitting me in multiple rounds.
Votekick is badly needed

This is a blessing to hear. I've got my first ban for TKing someone intentionally hitting me in multiple rounds.
Votekick is badly needed

This is not the way you handle this. Report the player and endure the bad experience of that particular game. Does that sound weird? Absolutely. But keep in mind that we're in early access and we have features such as vote-kick in progress that will resolve this issue.
And I'd like to answer:

Then why they already allow kicking people so easily ? And more important how are they able to ban me 1 day at first ?

Context : I was banned 1 day this morning for friendhitting 30 secondes in a single round (not killing!) a guy's unit who let several times its CAV at spawn and played them 1 by 1, which intentionnely ruins the whole team play. I'm sorry but I used the chat to ask him not to do so and I don't know how to report people in-game and I never heard about on chat.

So 1 day ban on all SERVERS and all MODS on first "answer" and without warning me ? Are you aware of the principle of proportionality ? Why not using at first warning text (bot message or better things like human message), short ban of minutes/hours ?

It's not the real army, it's a early access game, there's no need to use hard penalties for nothing. If I would have killed him, would I have be banned for a month ? A year ?

I paid for playing this game and I play it in a diplomatic way.
I was happy to be able to play capitain mode all day long on my day off. I won't.

Conclusion :

Just touch those who ruins the game in Captain mod, when diplomacy fails, and you'll be banned for a whole day without warning.

(Yes I'm pissed off, I've spend my time complaining instead of playing).

So first everyone complained that TW is not harsh enough with their bans and toxic player dextroy multiplayer. Now TW is showing a hard hand and everyone is complaining again. God I am glad not be in their shoues. Anyway - just behaive - its not that difficult to pull it off. Just run away when you are teamhitet. I admit its more difficult on Captain but with TW new directive it will reduce the need.
What is more a problem is that family sharing is a work around. In Warband when you complained in the IG-Forum that banned you - even tho your brother did it, the ban was not removed because no way to proof it. Now you can make as many new game IDs as you wish - which is a good and a bad thing. In Warband you had to buy multiply compies for that and giving TW more money in the process. Now you get it for free. hmm.

So first everyone complained that TW is not harsh enough with their bans and toxic player dextroy multiplayer. Now TW is showing a hard hand and everyone is complaining again. God I am glad not be in their shoues. Anyway - just behaive - its not that difficult to pull it off. Just run away when you are teamhitet. I admit its more difficult on Captain but with TW new directive it will reduce the need.
What is more a problem is that family sharing is a work around. In Warband when you complained in the IG-Forum that banned you - even tho your brother did it, the ban was not removed because no way to proof it. Now you can make as many new game IDs as you wish - which is a good and a bad thing. In Warband you had to buy multiply compies for that and giving TW more money in the process. Now you get it for free. hmm.
This! Either the server will be full of trolls, or we have to really watch our step not to teamkill trolls or teamkill premades for lulz.
I stopped doing the last 2 things and now Im happy that trolls get banned quick.

I dont want to deal with this ban by "cheating" but ty for the tip ;-D.

You feel this is "showing hard hand". To me, showing hard hand is not a problem in itself, but this have to be proportionate.
Which wasn't the case. (Like other people case as I could read here). Expeditious justice is never good.

(Human always complain, and I think it's good thing if the complain is argued.)

So 1 day ban on all SERVERS and all MODS on first "answer" and without warning me ? Are you aware of the principle of proportionality ? Why not using at first warning text (bot message or better things like human message), short ban of minutes/hours ?

It's not the real army, it's a early access game, there's no need to use hard penalties for nothing. If I would have killed him, would I have be banned for a month ? A year ?

Agree so much with this.

being muted/banned with NO context whatsoever other than a generic "Abusive chat" or "Teamkilling" feels like they simply just mute/ban a ****ton all the time. Maybe they coded

Code:
If MutedBefore > Ban
Else
Mute
Next

With the Familysharing being possible, sadly I only see a future where people like you who actually play and try to behave 99% of the time will leave the MP scene, whereas trolls that intentionally go in matches just to piss off others will simply hop on another account, use family sharing and start trolling with that as well - then the next ... and the next and the next ...

Rinse and repeat until all players who actually want to play have left due to excessive trolls and/or being muted/banned for being tilted in 0.05% of the games they played - and being tilted by a troll that is. Seems their infractions are handled with 0 context.

Instead of the harsh cracking down on seemingly daily players, why not just limit the chat alltogether to a preset?
Other games, especially mobile (which i wouldn't call games, but that's another chat) have preset chats and emotes you can use, and that's it.
I think it'll fit better into this excessive punishment-line TW got going

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom