tired of unsightly arrows on the world map?

Users who are viewing this thread

Urlik

Sergeant Knight
I am, or at least I was until today  :mrgreen:

mb13.jpg

mb14.jpg

it isn't perfect yet, but if you want more realistic looking tracks you can download it by clicking HERE
it looks better in game than in those pics

Installation
make a back up of your map_misc.dds in your \Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Textures folder and then put the one from the archive in that folder and you will have hoof prints instead of arrows in all your mods (you might be able o just put it in the folder for the module you are playing, I haven't tested that, but it should work if your ini file is set to scan for textures in the module

I always felt that great big arrows spoiled the imersion factor

if anyone wants to use this and or change it in any way, feel free. no need to ask  :mrgreen:

Great idea, I will definitely hack at this.  Honestly, I'm thinking a "trail" of footprints and hoofprints that doesn't retain that arrow shape might be cooler... the color value tells you which way to go anyhow.

I greatly prefer this, I've always had to export characters and take away their tracking skill, this annoyed my so much.

Thank ye.

IMO it is definitely better than the big coloured arrows but I think I will have a go at making a new version as it is hard to spot the tracks from small bands travelling on the map (although that is more realistic) and I would like to change the shape of the mesh used and have a fade to the edge of the tracks, maybe having fewer prints but slightly bigger.

I'll have a go at it now and unless I get caught up playing my game, I should have something up soon (unless it sucks big time :wink: )

it will have to wait till tomorrow :sad: I must be a bit tired as I can't get the alpha channel to work at all  :roll:

Aeon said:
Do you think there is a way to include multiple hoofprint patterns (and randomize them) ?

I have no idea if that is possible and I wouldn't know where to start if it is possible
mobotium said:
Its nice, but I think you should make it longuer and thinier, so that the trails would conect with eachother.

that would make it difficult for the tracks to conform to the terrain.
if someone knows how to mess with the code, it might be possible to get the tracks spawned more often, but that could make it difficult to find the 1 you want among the chaos

file updated to be a bit more visable
download the map_misc.zip HERE

newtrax1.jpg

that is the mess left by the Sarranid army on manouvers, in case you were wondering

it's also the updated map track icon and here is another pic of it in action with less traffic

newtrax2.jpg

the terrain goes up and down, if the mesh for the track icon was longer it would stick up above hills or disappear into the base of them.

if I ever figure out how to change the meshes, I'll give it a go and experiment a bit

but for now, at least it isn't a big red arrow :wink:

Back
Top Bottom