Resolved Tired of having to set Display Mode Full Screen and Resolution to my Monitor's Resolution after Every Launch

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
I have uploaded multiple times, though have not recorded the identifier
Summary: I am prompted for the game version number but this has been happening since the game came out on Early Access. So its not a version issue. Basically, I am tired of having to readjust the Display Mode to Full Screen and the Resolution to my Monitor's Resolution after EVERY SINGLE LAUNCH. It happens at almost every launch. At first I thought it was because I was alt-tabbing after launch, but it is happening even if I do not touch anything and the game launches on the screen. I am impatient and after I press the button to launch the game I usually promptly Alt-Tab to not wait for those launching screens. Even if this issue was occurring due to my alt-tabbing, it should still be fixed. Such a simple thing, but so infuriating to have to deal with it after every launch. I do the alt-tab thing with every other game and have no issues at all.
How to Reproduce: Explained above.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 980
GPU Driver Version:471.11
CPU: i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 8gb
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Summary: I am prompted for the game version number but this has been happening since the game came out on Early Access. So its not a version issue. Basically, I am tired of having to readjust the Display Mode to Full Screen and the Resolution to my Monitor's Resolution after EVERY SINGLE LAUNCH. It happens at almost every launch. At first I thought it was because I was alt-tabbing after launch, but it is happening even if I do not touch anything and the game launches on the screen. I am impatient and after I press the button to launch the game I usually promptly Alt-Tab to not wait for those launching screens. Even if this issue was occurring due to my alt-tabbing, it should still be fixed. Such a simple thing, but so infuriating to have to deal with it after every launch. I do the alt-tab thing with every other game and have no issues at all.
How to Reproduce: Explained above.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 980
GPU Driver Version:471.11
CPU: i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 8gb
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD
display_mode = 2

2 means fullscreen. Can you change the setting in the game to borderless fullscreen and after closing the game, can you check the file again? It should be 1 after the change.

2 means fullscreen. Can you change the setting in the game to borderless fullscreen and after closing the game, can you check the file again? It should be 1 after the change.
Ok. It did exactly as you said; now the value is 1. So I wont have to change the resolution and Full Screen after every launch anymore? Should I keep the display mode on Borderless Fullscreen then? Will this fix the resolution issue as well?

Edit: Seems to be working for now. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom