Tired of Bot armies changing siege targets, TW MAKE THEM commit to target always! Make it like a GAME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Can't believe they'd just abandon a feature like that and replace it with nothing.
Well I can believe it but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

What if there was a small "undoing camp" period?

That way, you still have a time window to punish a besieger, especially if it's a big army since they are slow even when leaving because of the disorganized speed modifier.

Or am I misunderstanding what you're talking about?

What if there was a small "undoing camp" period?

That way, you still have a time window to punish a besieger, especially if it's a big army since they are slow even when leaving because of the disorganized speed modifier.

Or am I misunderstanding what you're talking about?
This would be good too!
What I was specifically talking about in the OP was that when I see a army going to my fief to siege it, if use my soupier(yes spellcheck that's the word!) speed to get thier first, once I am near it the enemy magically detects (or see's with spotting I guess?) and changes target to my other fief, then repeats this again and again and again forever, or until it starves, or I just get mad and attack them in the field so I can continue the game.

I made my party fast I should be rewarded by being able to use it, but it's denied me! I could have just taken out 3x as many units and fought them in the field more easily.

This is just 1 of many things about warfare in bannerlord that's annoying and unrewarding.
"bots "just make big number-go-to-smallest number, no sense of objective or priority! This of course goes hand n hand with castles do nothing, territory does nothing. If you ask me a good way to help snow balling would have been to stack auto-calc bonus the deeper you go into enemy territory making the bots have to attack the out fiefs first in succession, causing the enemy to be more consolidated as they lost fiefs.

Bot leaders can hire merc clan while in your prisoner chain gang (or whatever). I kept factions in prisoned for years and they just add mercs anyways and I have to imprison them too. Why do we have to chase them down in person but they get prison skype?

Imprisoned leaders also get new vassals..... how? We can't talk to imprisoned lord about anything how do the clans get to pledge to them? And do they even pay 250K+ for them? They should have to pay for every single thing just like the player! How can a completely imprisoned faction keep paying for all it's 500 man garrisons(aserai) and Offord new vassals! I call bull on this, with no loot income they should dry up super fast, but they don't.

And I don't think loosing moral for not paying is good enough, I think missing any type of payment need to immediately disband a proportionate amount of troops from whatever the strongest clan party or garrison is and force a active clan party to cease what it's and go do quests or kill bandit for 10 days, just to drive in the point that the bots need to do thing other then raid and join armies and be punished for not doing enough side work.

And garrisons won't completely starve, and nobody surrenders.... a guy will rout and be waddling away with like 5 troops and I catch him and he still won't surrender.

If you ask me a good way to help snow balling would have been to stack auto-calc bonus the deeper you go into enemy territory making the bots have to attack the out fiefs first in succession, causing the enemy to be more consolidated as they lost fiefs.
Why do you think being consolidated matters?

Well if the odds gets better and better for the defenders as they lose more land/closer to major centers, then obviously they are less likely to lose said centers...
It doesn't change the odds though. The AI has no conception of interior lines so their armies are just as likely to wander out of their territory in search of food and troops with contiguous territory as with broken borders. Restricting them to their territory just means the odds stay against them because the losing factions have fewer sources of troops, food and influence (the three fuels for armies in Bannerlord).

Why do you think being consolidated matters?
I mean the defending faction, they lose outer fiefs and they have less ground to cover, they can respond to the next attack more quickly, the other faction will need more power to continue to take fiefs(closer to capital fiefs gain more +power, because make game a game please), their is greater window for the fief to be re-captured. This of course depends on making them actually doing things other then marching across the map in giant blobs and trying to raid, so they're available and building power when not on the offensive (which they won't always be). This is a overall idea for making them conduct war differently, not saying just add this 1 idea into the blob army cluster**** design.

It doesn't change the odds though. The AI has no conception of interior lines so their armies are just as likely to wander out of their territory in search of food and troops with contiguous territory as with broken borders. Restricting them to their territory just means the odds stay against them because the losing factions have fewer sources of troops, food and influence (the three fuels for armies in Bannerlord).
Say he losing faction gets +25% to combat resolution rolls while within two towns distance of major centers, and therefore are better in defending them. This means outlying centers can move hands easily, but not the interior ones. Ofc the game will have to determine "major centers", but it can be as easy as picking the most prosperous town/castle and its immediate castle & towns.

No the proper solution to snowballing is speed and food. As they travel out of their borders, speed goes down. Also make food weigh alot more so they can't carry as much.

Then, increase the effects of winter on food consumption and speed reduction.

Last, each horse consumes as much food as a soldier.

I mean the defending faction, they lose outer fiefs and they have less ground to cover, they can respond to the next attack more quickly, the other faction will need more power to continue to take fiefs(closer to capital fiefs gain more +power, because make game a game please), their is greater window for the fief to be re-captured. This of course depends on making them actually doing things other then marching across the map in giant blobs and trying to raid, so they're available and building power when not on the offensive (which they won't always be). This is a overall idea for making them conduct war differently, not saying just add this 1 idea into the blob army cluster**** design.
I knew you meant the defending faction but fair enough. I've never seen being consolidated (via captain oct's mod, AI only targets border settlements) affect snowballing.

Edit:
No the proper solution to snowballing is speed and food. As they travel out of their borders, speed goes down. Also make food weigh alot more so they can't carry as much.

Then, increase the effects of winter on food consumption and speed reduction.

Last, each horse consumes as much food as a soldier.
Snowballing was fixed like five months ago.

I knew you meant the defending faction but fair enough. I've never seen being consolidated (via captain oct's mod, AI only targets border settlements) affect snowballing.

Edit:

Snowballing was fixed like five months ago.

If by fixed you mean endless wars, rubbish prison cells, mutant healing NPCs and troop cheats. Sure.

Back
Top Bottom