Tips on New Earphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

tommylaw

Grandmaster Knight
Long and short of it: I need new earphones. My old ones last a couple months before one side fails.

For, lets say, £40 or under, can anyone recommend any earphones that are durable, and of good sound quality?

As someone who cares a good deal about audio quality, I would highly recommend Sennheiser as a brand. As for what model is the right for you (size, durability, price), I'll leave that up to you. Their website should be easy to navigate, and once you know your model number check amazon or somesuch to see if you can get a good deal.

Thanks, bro.

Haha, this pair of head-phones is 1,800 USD. Expensive brand, I'm having trouble finding the not-expensive-as-hell section. I suppose I will check amazon and so on for the brand though.

Austupaio said:
Haha, this pair of head-phones is 1,800 USD.
I'm hoping for a summer of resurgence for the pound...

Magorian Aximand said:
As someone who cares a good deal about audio quality, I would highly recommend Sennheiser as a brand. As for what model is the right for you (size, durability, price), I'll leave that up to you. Their website should be easy to navigate, and once you know your model number check amazon or somesuch to see if you can get a good deal.
Thanks Magorian.  :smile:

Yeah, a good search on amazon turns up some good deals, they just like to charge really high out-of-the-box.

Yeah, and they can too. They're one of the top audio equipment brands in the world. I got my HD 515's for around $50 though, brand new, even though they're listed at $129 on Sennheiser's site. All about where you buy.

Get wireless headphones. In my experience, they don't break as often.

My parents bought me one a few years back, the left side lost all of its function in six months. Currently I have Steelseries, which works fine as ever.

Earphones need that rubber end piece where the wire has connects to the main components on both ends. To date, I just use some electrician's tape and make that part myself, you could also use some sort of long lasting modelling clay. Perhaps those sticks of ahesive plaster people sell in stationary sections can also work.

Sony MDR XB300

Recommended these to Wellenbrecher, might as well recommend them to you guys. I've had no problems with them. Survived 9 months in Scotland for me (that's a record for headsets) and still going strong. Plus, they're really soft and can double as ear muffs. :3

Picked mine up in Argos.

I use a pair of earbuds I got from the Dollar Tree. The sound quality is surprisingly good, but they don't appear to ave any branding on the buds themselves and I've long since thrown away the packaging...

I am not a real audiophile, since on daily basis I use those earbuds that come with your cellphone and at home I use the cheapest headphones (that looks like those that Tuckles posted) that I can find, because either way in half a year they are lost and this way I have no problem abusing them.

on the other hand, my audio system is top notch.

Back
Top Bottom