Timelines

Users who are viewing this thread

It never seems to get addressed by TW during or after the fact but is there an official reason or apology for the consistent missing of every self set timeline by the studio.

I wouldn't either. The probability of foot in mouth is super high. It just antagonizes some to apologize and annoys others.
Just get some work done, upload it. We all buy'd it already, nobody to impress now.

Disagree with you.Vent your anger somewhere else.

Sadly they take months to implement systems that a moder put in a single night, and still incomplete. ??‍♂️ I would say that slow is a better expression. There are mods with marriage, death and everything else since game release and now they let death on and without even implementing it. No Marriage, no children, I swear that everytime I see those young girls getting old and single, without kids, just cats... It's breaks my heart.

I only hope that taleworlds will deliver all those systems together working. But then I remember that even death is half implemented.

See, I don't care if they miss whatever timeline. I realize they had said they were hoping for the end of August, but let's be real, in this world things don't always go as planned, and it isn't just TW. This happens to a lot of game companies and also in a lot of other corporate businesses, it is a pretty common thing. This is not specific to TW. However, I would like to see a new rough target to be given to us, so that we're not just sitting here each day, thinking maybe today.

Also, they said "mod tools that we're hoping to share towards the end of this month". What that means, not sure. One could claim that they "shared" them at Gamescon at the end of the month, eh?

Last edited:
I assume you mean mod tools and they said AIMING for end of august (note the caps) so they didnt actually break a pormsie as they never said it WILL be
Also, they said "mod tools that we're hoping to share towards the end of this month". What that means, not sure. Once could claim that they "shared" them at Gamescon at the end of the month, eh?
during the gamescon dev stream they said several times that the mod tools, replay tool, map editor would be coming out within a two week period. pretty sure that was on the 1st of this month

during the gamescon dev stream they said several times that the mod tools, replay tool, map editor would be coming out within a two week period. pretty sure that was on the 1st of this month

again they said aiming for they never said oh yes we are definatly doing that and again they would ahve annocued it everywhere if that was the case

again they said aiming for they never said oh yes we are definatly doing that and again they would ahve annocued it everywhere if that was the case
I'm not trying to shame them or anything brother. They are a tardy studio that sets numerous deadlines for themselves that they never meet and that's what it is. I'm just looking to find out if they've ever said anything about it.

Fietta didn't make anything wrong when he closed that Soon™ thread btw. The thread was pointless but I laughed really good when I saw the thread lol

and that Locked™ was a cool answer

See, I don't care if they miss whatever timeline. I realize they had said they were hoping for the end of August, but let's be real, in this world things don't always go as planned, and it isn't just TW. This happens to a lot of game companies and also in a lot of other corporate businesses, it is a pretty common thing.
This lol. People should stop feeling entitled just because they paid an EA game and understand the way things are in real life. We all want things to be done and released, but not everything is under our control, there is a dynamic to things and it rarely moves at the pace we want it to, so we make the best with what we can. We aim for the stars and, if we're lucky enough, we land on the sky. Just take release dates with a grain of salt.

Ok so lets summarise in the mod tool live stream the devs said we are hoping to be able to get them out by the end of the month now taking this with a grain of salt it could be seen as promised but they never gave it a deadline. Now lets summarise againg compiling things in this thread people dont like the pace, are ok with it or will always be looking for better.

Back to mod tools now
Lets say there was no major problem with the mod tools would they hold them off... Of course not.
The most realistic thing that happened is that a massive flaw or oversight was discovered during final tests which held it back and this is not specific to TW

Ok so lets summarise in the mod tool live stream the devs said we are hoping to be able to get them out by the end of the month now taking this with a grain of salt it could be seen as promised but they never gave it a deadline. Now lets summarise againg compiling things in this thread people dont like the pace, are ok with it or will always be looking for better.

Back to mod tools now
Lets say there was no major problem with the mod tools would they hold them off... Of course not.
The most realistic thing that happened is that a massive flaw or oversight was discovered during final tests which held it back and this is not specific to TW

yeah exactly and while it would be nice for them to say that people seem to forget how game devlopment works and that bugs happen all the time

If you guys can back up these claims that bugs got in the way with a dev quote that would be great and close to on topic with my original post. A couple of white knights speculating isnt what I'm hoping for here, the dev in charge of mod tools grandmother could have died for all you know. I just wanted someone else to have already done the leg work sifting through thousands of comments in order to find a single time TW addressed their own shortcomings missing a deadline.

A single quote saying "sorry for missing that release date a few years ago" will suffice.

There is no point arguing about whether or not TW has (time) management problems... individual employees have stated it a few times but not anyone who actually speaks on behalf of the studio that I can find.

If you guys can back up these claims that bugs got in the way with a dev quote

Was able to find this one pretty easily. It's usually bugs on beta that are not allowing them to push out updates, because they want to keep stable stable. However, I've never seen an "official" post about this, except for maybe one from Callum somewhere when they were doing the refactor.

I think people are right in that official postings of why there are delays would not do much good to the average player who isn't scrolling these forums each day.

Once we finish fixing significant known bugs and stop finding new ones, we will publish it. Sharing our work with you is something that we enjoy and look forward to, so we don't delay these updates unless we feel there is a good reason for it.

Thank you for this gem. You're right I dont think it would be very impactful to the vast majority of players as it wouldnt actually accomplish anything. I'm more just curious to see devs opinions on the subject like our friend duh here in your post

Back
Top Bottom